“Very reasonable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“Very reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This motel is reasonably priced. They just have 30 rooms but keep it really clean. We stayed at this motel due to power outage. The rates were almost 40 dollar lower than big hotels but the rooms are probably better than lot of hotels in town.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We went to the concert in Mount Pleasant and wanted to stay at the casino hotel but because of concert they were booked. The casino staff referred us to this independent motel. When we went there we were not sure if we wanted to stay because it is a very small motel. My wife said let's check the room and see first. The room that we were given had everything that big name hotels have. Room was huge and had fridge, microwave, coffee maker and wired high speed Internet which even the big hotels don't have. It was clean. The staff was very nice. They had just small basic breakfast. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014
Ludington, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We have stayed here last week and enjoyed our stay. We went to mount pleasant to see our friend. The room was very clean. The room had all amenities. The price was reasonable compare to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

They were the only place that had a room left because of a show at soaring eagle. The sheets had stains, towels we're see through and gray, we had to fix the toilet and the walls were thin so all you heard were the neighbors. Besides the location I would stay away.

• Stayed March 2014
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We have been staying at this motel for almost 10 years now. Once in spring and once in fall every year to go to the different events at Soaring Eagle casino. The staff has always been nice and caring. They know us by our name now. We come from California but Mt Pleasant is where we were born and raised so we have a deep attachment with the local community. The motel has been always clean and offer what we need at a very reasonable price compare to the surrounding big name hotels. See you in April Chippewa.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Made reservations 6 weeks ago. They didn't give me a confirmation number, so I asked for the name of the person I was speaking to. You guessed it, when I got there, there was no reservation, no person by that name that even worked there and the staff person said she was the only person that would EVER answer the phone. I know it was her spoke to on the phone because I had called twice to make the arrangements and recognized her accent. It looks and seems like a very questionable establishment. I'm cancelling my credit card because the whole thing was so odd - made me think it was a racket. It gives you the creeps just pulling in.

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Battle Creek, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Booked through Hotwire, so will Never do that again! This is a privately owed Motel, pictures online look better than what you get!! Rated 2 stars, should only be 1/2 or less!! First thing you see when you walk into the lobby, a sign that says NO REFUNDS! That alone says a lot!! I Know now why they have that sign, our room had mold in the bathroom, the toilet run nonstop, the shower head leaked, only cold running water in sink outside the bathroom, hole/damaged (water leak) wall near tub, burn marks on tub from cigarettes, very thin walls, could hear the traffic and people walking up the wooden stairs, didn't appear to have remodeled in 20(?) years would be my guess!, gold tub, old carpet, old t.v.s, very old/dirty air/heat just to mention a few things!! Breakfast consisted of OJ, coffee,bagel/cream cheese and box of packaged danishes, that's it!! The staff is also VERY RUDE!! We had booked for 2 nights, after the first night I was NOT going to stay another night!! I asked for a receipt stating I was leaving a day early, they told me no! I wasn't asking for a refund, booked through Hotwire, just needed proof I didn't stay the whole time. I had to call the police to get a receipt!! I did get my receipt thanks to the police, but shouldn't of had to call the police for a receipt!! Will NEVER stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Chippewa Motel? Share your experiences!