“Filthy Hole!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn Mount Pleasant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Pleasant
Budget Inn Mount Pleasant
You added Budget Inn Mount Pleasant to your Saves list
1523 S. Mission St., Mount Pleasant, MI 48858   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
A TripAdvisor Member
“Filthy Hole!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2005

Not having a ton of money and wanting to spend most of it at the casino, we decided to book the Budget Inn after seeing it and reviewing it online. I only wish we would have known then about trip advisor. On the website, there was a picture of a cute motel and it was advertised that there was a pool and a mexican resturant on site. We thought, " Cool "..... Not so much. The only thing that was cool about the room was the temperature. And that was because the heat didn't work and the emergency exit door was open because it was broken. There was no pool and even if there was, there was no way we would swim in it. It looked shady from the moment we parked in the lot. At check in the girl handed us our key attached to a big clunky chain. Yes, I said KEY! We walked in to our room that looked like it had not been updated since at least 2 years after it had been open which had to be in 1950 or something. I didn't want to take my shoes off because of the discusting condition of the carpets. I didn't want to use any of the bathroom facilities and I deffinitally did not want to take my clothes off to sleep in the bed. As a matter of fact I slept sitting up and ended up putting a sweatshirt with a hood on just so I didn't have to touch any of the surfaces on the bed. We were awaken at about 3:00am by the sound of people " Having A Good Time" and at 4:00 I got to see first hand, some people in the hallway being, "really friendly". When we approached the front desk about our "fun" night, they said since they didn't see it so they can't do anything about it! WHAT?!?! Do they really think that we made that up? Come on! Overall, bad service, bad rooms. This place should be condemed! DON"T STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2005

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2005

8/20/05- Do not every stay here! Worst motel I have ever actually seen.
My mom, my sister and I were in Mt Pleasant for my sister's birthday party.
My sister saw this motel on Motels and decided to book it from the description - which is a total lie. The motel has not been remodeled since who knows when. As we entered the lobby, it had a distinct smell - not a good one. The ice machine in the lobby was all rusted and their continental breakfast area was joke - two little booths and a coffee machine with an empty box of donuts sitting on the counter.
When we went to the desk to check in, my sister picked up a brochure and her face got a strange look on it. She said something sticky was on her hand - it turned out to be somebody's snot. I thought she was going to get sick. They told us we had a room on the second floor - my mom is in her 80's and could not climb stairs - there are no elevator! So he told us we could have a first floor room instead.
He walked us across a parking lot to a building with about 8 rooms in it.
When he opened the door, again it smelled. We told him it was not acceptable and he said we could have another room as we had to pay for a room no matter if we stayed there or not. He left us and we proceded to find a dirty washcloth in the nightstand. The one bed was tilted badly enough that their was probably a bed frame issue. The bathtub had mold around it and the fixtures were well dated.
We decided this was not a good place to stay and drove down the street to a much nicer property, still within a reasonable price.
We went back to the Budget Inn and told him we were not staying there, gave him the reasons why; and he said too bad you paid for the room and cannot have the money back on your charge. He gave us a number for Motels and told us we can try and get money back from them.
It really started our one night vacation out with a real feeling of disappointment.
Do yourself a favor and do not even attempt to stay at this property in Mt. Pleasant, when there are much nicer and reasonably priced hotels there.
Note - I am a travel agent and would not recommend this to any customers or family.