“woooow buyer beware!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Burton, Michigan
“woooow buyer beware!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

lets see trip advisor normally reputable ranks this motel a 9 of 12.i booked a room drove 71 miles to arrive to a horseshoe shaped run down dipped in squalor building.i met the indian couple who live on site with there thirty something son.paid for the room was handed the old school key and off to my room.room immediately was overdosed with air freshner.because of my profession I could still smell the mold in the air. noticed the original ceiling was masked by a drop ceiling which had rusty mold running all over the edges.washed my hands and the sink would not drain it eventually did go down.i took a video of the room because I was sure a refund would not be issued.im a 23 year exterior contractor.i was at one time 3 time national building company award winner for strictly water intrusion cases.i was there ten minutes to rebook a room at baymont suites handed them there key asked for a refund the mother of the group said ohhh no you cant have one and away I went.i called my bank had the money refunded and the experience is over.oh and the reason wolds is ranked in the top 12 is because there is only 12 hotels in the city according to baymont desk clerk.

regards,

scary moments.....

Room Tip: until mold remedies are in place avoid.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed at Wolds Motel last year, and since I was back in Mount Pleasant over the weekend to run a half-marathon; I decided to check in at Wolds once again.

Very clean room? Check.

Comfortable bed? Check

Inexpensive Price? Check.

I didn't need them since I was only staying one night, but the room has a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. Also, since last year, the TV's have been upgraded to flat screen HDTV. The WI-fi worked very well also.

OK, so this isn't the Four Seasons; and don't let the dated 50's look on the outside fool you. This is a well-maintained property with excellent service. Having stayed in many budget motels, Wolds is one of the best budget motels I have ever stayed at. I am returning to Mount Pleasant in February and March and have made my reservations at Wolds.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

2nd time I stayed here and I couldn't be happier. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and unbeatable value. Brand new carpet in my room and everything was in good working order. The bottom line is it is fully worth it. I read the last review and laughed. Some people just can't be pleased. Well...I'm happy.

• Stayed May 2013
Glenshaw, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed 3 nights while attending a conference at a nearby university. The room was kind of clean. I did not like the Camel cigarette pack in the wastepaper basket when we first went to our room, as it was supposed to be a non-smoking motel.. And there was a dire warning in the office about how your account would be charged x number of $$ if you smoked in the room. The heating unit was very loud and vehemently blew out hot air in one direction only, the coffee maker leaked all over the table, drenching the book I had left there while we were out. There was only one chair for 2 people, and the advertised bagels and coffee each morning
were non-existent. I do not expect much with the budget I have to work with, and usually like the roadside type motel, and can overlook many things while traveling. I did not like this place and did my best to keep housekeeping out by leaving the Do Not Disturb sign on the door while we were gone during the days.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

First impressions are important in any service business - and the service I received was simply top notch.

1. When checking in to the motel - I had been on the road for a while. When I got to the office, I asked to use a bathroom. The manager said that he didn't have one, but he gave me my room key immediately so I could go to my room, take care of business, and check in. Greatly appreciated that!

2. After checking in - I asked about breakfast. Granted the breakfast is a bagel, but since I was running a half-marathon the next morning, that's all I wanted. I told him I would be getting up early, so he let me take my breakfast to the room the night before so I could make my morning preparations. Again, something small - but greatly appreciated.

3. OK, this is a dated property. Definite 1950's outside look. BUT, my room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the wi-fi worked very well - and the hot water was hot. Although I didn't need therm, the room also had a microwave and refrigerator.

4. The only thing that was not perfect was that the pillows were old and flat - I laid one pillow on top of the other to make it work.

Great service, great price (far and away the least expensive lodging in Mount Pleasant.) Would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My stay was very nice, for the price, the rooms were great, nice and clean, the internet was very fast and reliable, the staff was very nice and helpful, even at the latest hour, my room was in the middle of the court yard so I had a nice view. I guess the management changed, because this motel was a great stay.

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The staff was very friendly and did a very good job with keeping up with the customers demands, the room was very clean as well, the room I stayed in was in the middle of the courtyard, so I had a nice view, for a motel, they served food in the morning, so that was nice, and it was a very pleasant stay

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Wolds Motel? Share your experiences!