“Fast and delish” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Fast Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Fast and delish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My favorite here is the Vito...it's delicious. They're as fast as they advertise and they've always been nothing but friendly to me. Great spot to stop for a quick lunch.

Visited August 2013

% Recommend
Shepherd, Michigan
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This location in Mt. Pleasant is in a small strip mall. Around 1pm today there were about 5 Jimmy John's delivery cars parked in the very front row in the public lot, taking up parking places in front of their neighboring businesses - one business of which I wanted to visit... and I had to park quite a distance away. I don't mind that, but I found it disrespectful for their drivers to take up the closest parking spots, so after my business was done with their neighbor, I went into Jimmy John's to tell their manager my displeasure in their delivery car parking habits. The manager was very quick to point out to me that the parking lot is public, and they were within their rights to park anywhere they want. I told him I wasn't commenting on the letter of the law but instead on common courtesy. He then said that "we" (I am assuming he meant the Jimmy John's managers) actually ENCOURAGE their drivers to park there... so he is encouraging them to be rude and disrespectful of all patrons of that strip mall, even customers of Jimmy John's. To the business I visited, I had mentioned how odd I thought it was that all their delivery cars were taking up some of the front parking spots, and that business is clearly frustrated with those Jimmy John drivers but said though they've tried to do something about it, they can't. And she also pointed out that many of the drivers are young adults, while many of their older patrons have to park further away as a result. So if you want to be a rude, unpleasant and disrespectful human and add negativity to the world, go get yourself a job at the S. Mission St. location of Jimmy Johns in Mt. Pleasant... you'll fit in there great!

Visited June 2013
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“TERRIBLE Management... Delivery is Very Fast”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This Jimmy John's location has the worst management I have ever experienced at a Jimmy John's, especially when they make a mistake. I am an area teaching professional, and here are my various experiences over the last three years:

CONS (MANY):

- One time they delivered a completely incorrect sub to my office; another time they delivered a sub with incorrect toppings. I called them back and they didn't believe me, and they almost didn't deliver my new sub. They finally relented and said that there are many students who call in with fake problems. That's an insult to my students, and I think that's a terrible attitude to have towards a group of individuals based upon age and background.

- They delivered an incorrect dessert item as I was leaving out of town on a professional development trip. I called them about it, and they said that if I wanted a replacement on a future order that I would have to let the wrong cookie be picked up that they delivered (I wasn't even going to be in town for a week). That's REALLY bad customer service, and I wasn't about to save a cookie in my car for their mistake, especially since the product was already paid for. They finally relented and offered me a free cookie on my next order. When I called in my next order a few weeks later, they gave me a hard time about it AGAIN. They said that they had to transfer me to a district manager to get this cookie conspiracy taken care of. It took me 20 minutes on the phone to resolve it.

- I ordered a sub online on another occasion, and they said that they had a limited amount of the bread type that I ordered and were reserving that for in-store customers. A customer is a customer. Just use the bread.

PROS:

- Setting aside the rude and unfriendly management towards customers (especially if they think you are a student), the regular employees and delivery drivers are friendly and fantastic. They make good food that's fresh, and they delivery incredibly quickly.

SUMMARY:

If no mistakes are made with your order, you should be fine. If there is a mistake (or a bread shortage... not sure how this happens at a place where bread is the main ingredient), you will have a difficult time here. I would probably avoid this place altogether and just order from another place that delivers.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere