“Great Italian food with local flair.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 118 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Italian
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“Great Italian food with local flair.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Definitely prefer this venue over the chain across the street. Kids can have fun watching pizzas being made behind a see through wall that they can write on. A separate area is provided for those seeking a quiet adult area. Have eaten here many times and never been disappointed in the quality if the food. I especially like the build your own pasta dish option.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I had a terrible experience. The food was cold and soggy. We waited 45 for bread to be served. We were served someone else's salad, even though we ordered soup. The manager spent our entire meal screaming at our waitress. Our waitress was covering a section that was way too big for 1 person. It would have been a lot for 2 people, and she was doing it alone. The prices were high and definitely not worth what we paid.

Visited November 2013
Mount Pleasant
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I went to college here at cmu and heard that Italian oven was just ok. But I went here after I graduated and asked the waitress what people say is the best. She said the chicken parmesan,primo priatto, and one other thing. I got the priatto which is chicken (perfect), lasagna, and alfredo. That was $16 but well worth it because I had it for 2 meals. Usually im a cheap person too but its worth it. I would definitely go back. I would say this is a good place to take a person you are trying to seriously get to know and impress

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Very good food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Went to this restaurant on a recommendation of a running partner, as I was in town running a 1/2-marathon.

Service was quick, and I received my salad and appetizer very quickly. Had the waitress box the appetizer (the bread) immediately because it was a big as a 12 inch pizza...and I was eating alone!

The spaghetti was excellent - I ordered a small portion, The red roasted peppers went very well with my Mariana sauce. I expected a little more spaghetti based on the size of the appetizer and salad, which is the reason for the 4 stars instead of 5.

I would visit the Italian Oven again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Family with two teens”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Good service and comfortable atmosphere. Nice selection of Italian food. We almost went to a national chain, but enjoyed trying a local place. My only complaint was the price. We stopped for lunch and I feel we paid too much for what we received.

Visited March 2014