“The 44 inch requirement for life jackets is a joke. If ckids can't swim their parents will put them in a life jacket. Not many o” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel

You added Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel to your Saves list
Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel
5665 East Pickard Road, Mount Pleasant, MI 48858   |
White Lake, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

One thing is for sure I will not return. The supervisors in the waterpark were a joke. They sat in their little room only too come out to act like they were important from time to time. Stayed the whole weekend and never once had hot water in iur hotel room. Was told rooms at the end of the hall had a hard time getting hot water! (They have been open two years! Time to fix the problem!) The room was freezing! kept waking all night to see the air had turned on. Sheets kept falling off the beds all night. Waterpark is small and boring for older kids and the limitations for the younger ones is absurd. My lil ones were so sad they were made to wear a life jacket and couldn't ride one waterside. They are six years old and they are avid swimmers. Will not be back! Highly recommended goin to great wolf lodge or avalanche bay. The place is just not worth the money!!

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is an indoor water park w two slides, a knee boarding jet, a hot tub and a couple of small areas for swimming. This place is for small children only. Adults or older children will be bored to tears. If you have ever been to an outdoor watermark such as white water in Atlanta, you will be very disappointed in the lack of options and rides. The rooms were fairly nice but the walls were paper thin and you can hear everything going on in the room next to you which mainly consists of screaming children. This is for a very niche market. Only go if you have small children.

Stayed November 2013
Cedar Springs, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed one night because Great Wolf Lodge was booked, honestly it was a waste of a trip. Not impressed at all. My 3 year old was yelled at constantly, to the point where he said he was ready to go back to the room. My husband was not allowed to go on the big slides because he weighed 253 lbs. the employee said that its ridiculous that they have these rules and actually asked us to complain to the front desk. We will not waste our time by going back. Great Wolf Lodge it is! P.s. the don't even compare.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Experience was good! Great place for kids but my older children got bored quickly bc it is much smaller than what they are used to, after going to Kalahari. Staff was friendly, room was great, my only feedback would be - make an adult only hot tub in the water park! My husband and I came to relax while our older kids played and we had to wait while a million kids took up the spots in the hot tub and were playing so it wasn't relaxing! We had to wait until adult time at 9 in order to enjoy "adult" time.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Arlington Heights, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed two nights and will not go back nor recommend to anyone. My room was not cleaned nor made up after the first night. When mentioned to the desk, they gave me a $10 credit (not worth the paperwork), considering extra "resort fee" I was charged each day was $10.92. With the exception of the bartender (I believe his name was Jason) all the employees I encountered had the attitude they were doing me a favor by being there. Additionally, the rooms are not adequately insulated as I could hear folks talking (and babies crying) in the rooms on the floor above mine and in the rooms across the hall from me. I have a large number of relatives in Mt. Pleasant and will recommend they not use this facility.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This would normally be out my price range as I am a value shopper. I decided to book here to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. They had a great special going on during the week, so we decided to give it try. It was very clean, the waterpark was great and we loved it here. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Clare, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

As local residents we reserved a room for one night at the waterpark for $99.00 to celebrate my kids completion of their school year. We figured on Wednesday in October, it would be a very peaceful, uncrowded day for the kids to get lots of time on the attactions with minimal waiting. The day of our arrival, I called to see what time we could arrive and use the water park since we could not check into our room until 4pm, and I was told we could arrive 1pm. Upon our arrival at 1pm, there was a sign at the registration counter for "Wacky Wednesday" waterpark passes for $2.00 from 11am till 9pm closing time. I couldn't believe my eyes! We reserved a room with the waterpark because the cost was only about $15 more than just water park passes. I was amazed at the children playing "hooky" when we entered the waterpark. At 4pm, it became a zoo. I was shocked that as a "good paying" customer who actually paid full price to use the park that I was told to show up at 1pm yet someone paying only $2 could show up and 11am. We were all kicked out at the 9pm closing time. You would think a full paying customer may have been given a little better treatment. I could see if they told the $2 payers their time was from 2pm to 6pm so the actual paying customers could enjoy some of their day without the mad-house. As far as the park goes, it is very small. You are not visiting the Great Wolf Lodge, so don't expect that, but the price reflects this. Walls are very thin and I felt like I should be walking the floor with the crying baby in the room next to ours. To make a long story short, we packed up our things at 10:30 pm and drove the 15 miles home to sleep in the comfort and quietness of our own home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel? Share your experiences!