“TIGHT SLOTS” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Dining, Gambling
More attraction details
Owner description: Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort is a magnificent AAA Four Diamond Resort located in the heart of Michigan. This destination features 210,000 square feet of gaming floor, endless dining options, luxurious rooms, full service spa, and a variety of entertaining shows throughout the year.
Greenville
“TIGHT SLOTS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

I have never seen slots as tight as the Soaring Eagle. You can put a Hundred Dollar Bill in the machine, and if your lucky you might get 20 credits. This sucks. Everyone knows they make money hand over fist. It just seems like they would loosen the slots up some. I'm going to the casino tonight, if I don't get to play very long, it will be my last trip there. Come on Soaring Eagle, you people are not the only ones that need money. I go there to have fun, but it sure would be nice to be able to play for more than 10 minutes.

michigan
3 attraction reviews
“Just got back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

We just got back from an overnight vist with my 2 adult children. We haven't spent much time in casinos but have traveled quite a bit. The hotel was nice, clean, decorated well. Check in time was 4pm(a little late I think) but the room was ready early and we checked in. We went and enjoyed the hot tub and pool area first. Really nice pool area. Inside hot tub was a little cool but the outside hot tub was nice and warm. Our room had a view-of a snowy field-but I guess the only other view would be of the parking lot. I was a little frustrated with the reservation I made on-line. It was a "gift and gamble" package for four adults with every person getting certain add-on's. The ad said to call for packages that included 3 or 4 adults but when I called I got into a voice tree that told me to leave a message and I would be called back. Well we were planning on leaving in a couple of hours so I put in 4 adults in the reservation and the price increased so I made the reservation. Well an hour later I got a call from them telling me that the extras in the package were only for two adults and the other adults would be $90 extra. I think the on line package advertisement is missleading and they mentioned they have had problems with it. I almost canceled but we were almost out the door. I asked to speak with the manager, who very politely told me that there was nothing she could do. I paid the extra $90. I paid $349 for a double queen room for one night-nice but nothing special. We did get $100 in credit to use for food. $50 credit to use in the slot machines, and $100 to use for other non casino services (so a total of $400) in services. This was all part of the package. We ate in the steak house and the food was good but very overpriced. We spent $130 for four entrees(no appetizers, no salads, no deserts) What we did have was very good. We took a look around the buffet-which looked tipical. We probably would not have spent that much but if we didn't use the dining credit we'd loose it. We're not very experienced in the casino but had fun on the slot machines, no one came away a big winner. The didn't seem to be any people winning much what I saw. The dealer at the blackjack table was really nice to my son who was just learning to play and doesn't know all the rules. We might have spent a little more time and money in the casino if we weren't out so much for the package. We didn't try the spa services also because of the price thing. It was a unique experience to enjoy with our college age children. We might go to another casino with them, but I'll do a little more asking around and probably won't go back to soaring eagle unless they are offering a really good deal.

Gladwin, Michigan
“Soaring Eagle - The Terrible Place to Find Entertainment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

I just arrived home after an evening at the Soaring Eagle in Mt. Pleasant, MI. What a disappointment. First of all, I would like you to know that there were about 20 of us in my party. We stayed at the hotel using the gas and Gamble package. Some used the Gift and Gamble package. Out of all of these people only two came away with any winnings. Two people won $100.00. The rest of us just pumped money into the machines all night. You couldn’t even get a bonus or enough credits to play for awhile. I know that this is how gambling works, but I can take a couple of hundred dollars to another casino and at least be entertained to a few hours. This casino’s slots are so tight that it is nothing but frustrating. If it had been just a couple of us I would say oh well, but with this many people shouldn’t a few of us get to play a little? My brother put a $100.00 bill in a machine and got one payback of $4.00. I put a $20.00 bill in two different machines and never even got a penny. The only machine that even let me play at all was a machine that is not owned by the Soaring Eagle (The Joker’s Wild). I am guessing that if it was owned by the Soaring Eagle I would not have been on it for long before it wiped me out.

Part of the package included food credits. We went to the buffet. This was the second worst buffet of my life. The only one worse was in Vegas and that one was less than $7.00. The Soaring Eagle buffet was expensive (around $20.00 per person) and there was very little selection. I tried the beef and the chicken. Both were terrible. I was only able to eat some mashed potatoes and a couple of bites of a smoked pork medallion. Everything else that I tried turned my stomach, and I am not a picky eater. If you go there I would advise the snack bar. At least it is freshly cooked and much cheaper. About 15 of us ate together and we all agreed that this buffet was terrible.

The room at the hotel was nice, but what upset me is that check-in time is 4:00 or after. I would not have mined, but at 9:15 a.m. housekeeping was going up and down the halls knocking on doors to see if the rooms were empty. Shouldn’t you get the use the room for awhile? Especially since the regular room rates were $180.00 a night? I a pretty sure that by now check-outs are computerized. Why do they need to wake you up? If check-in time is so late, shouldn’t you get to check-out late as well? I feel that the late check-in is to force you to find something to do until your room is ready. Gee, I wonder what you could do to kill some time. Maybe gamble and lose money in their tight slot machines?

We do this outing every year. This was the first and last time that we will pick the Soaring Eagle. We have stayed at the Little River, the Odawa, and Turtle Creek. All of these other casinos are way better than the Soaring Eagle. I hope that the Soaring Eagle figures this out pretty soon and decides to make some changes. They are going to lose a lot of business.

Niles, MI
“This casino needs to get it's head back on. Especially, with the economy the way it is.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

My sister lives in Grand Rapids and took me to Soaring Eagle. I was dissapointed in the service that you do not get. I sat for over an hour, before getting a small drink. Workers in all departments are not friendly. I tried the buffae, and there was really nothing there for the price they charge. Their comps that they give you suck - big time. I travel from Niles, MI, and that is a long trip to get disappointed like I did. The times I have been there I have not gone home ahead, or play for very long. If one can at least play for quite a while then it is not so bad. They are not the only ones that way, so is the New "Four Winds, and especially Fire Keepers. They are more disappointing and as bad about paying out. The only thing I can say about Four Winds is that it has the best buffet around, but, charge more now then when they first opened. Blue Chips at least does a little better about comps, when you get your food, you pay full comp, but, they put back half that comp the next day in your account. Have not seen anyone do this. With the economy getting as bad as it is, you would think these casino's would charge lest in food and let more winners. I read in the paper Soaring Eagles comes in first place in making money with Four Winds second (and this is in slots only). Come on Casino's wake up and be there for the people and not just the ones that can blow the money. Give out better comps, and free rooms. Your able to take this out at tax time!!!

mid michigan
“Go north and west of mt. pleasant for a good time.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

Gambling at Soaring Eagle got so bad for me in 2008 I stopped playing slots and went to vid poker. I have seen my play there last much longer in 2009. My wife and I go one or two times a week, there hotel is great, nice rooms, there are three other places to eat other then the buffet, the buffet is not that good, never pay cash there, if you don't have comps then go to one of the other places, you can find them on there web site. If you like pennys they have tons, and adding new machines all the time. If you like 25 cent to $1.00 machines, take alot of money cuz you can't play long on $100. We are not high rollers, just like to play for fun.

If you want to play longer on your money try Little River Casino. Very friendly people there and you can play on your money much longer there. Lets face it, they are going to get your money that's what they are open for. If I go to Soaring Eagle 15 times I will win 2 times, while at Little River I will win 6 times out of 15, but the times I don't win at little river I play much longer on my money then soaring eagle.

The new turlte creek casino is very very nice. Only been there 2 times but had fun both times.

The new Fire Keepers is nice, been there one time, did not win but had fun.