“NICE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Mount Pleasant
Holland
“NICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Staff was great!! Gave us great directions, room was very clean and A/C unit worked great. The ceiling fan was a nice touch. I thought the beds were wonderful as well as the pillows. The room was a bit small, but the bathroom was a little bit bigger than other hotels. Breakfast was nice. All was good with the property.

Room Tip: Always get a top floor room. Much more quiet and no noise from the room above. Because there is none...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mtpleasantinn, Public Relations Manager at Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing Mt. Pleasant Inn and Suites for your lodging needs. We are pleased that your room was what you expected and your visit went well. We strive to provide only the best for our guests. We appreciate the positive feedback and hope to see you again soon. Again, Thank you for choosing Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites and have a great day.

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bridgman, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the room was very clean, they gave us a room on the ground floor as requested. The continental breakfast was adequate. Some issues that we have were; the size of the room, the quality of the mattress (very hard), no place to sit in the room other than at a small desk with a straight back chair and a make shift window seat. Both were very uncomfortable. There was absolutely no back support with either situation. My wife and I are both seniors. We were unable to kick back and relax. My wife said she was tempted to go to the car and sleep. It would have been more comfortable! Everything in the room screams cheap. It is my opinion that $88. is way to much to pay for this spartan room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Mt. Pleasant Inn and Suites. I am sorry that your stay was less that you had expected. I am glad to see that both our Front Desk and Housekeeping staff are meeting the needs of our guests. I'm sorry that our rooms comfort level is a problem. Our goal is to be the most reasonably priced hotel in our area. I am sorry that you believe you paid too much for so little. Our property has under gone many new upgrades. Our staff has worked on some issues that you have brought to our attention. We would like for you to try our property again in the future. Thank you for your feedback, it is very helpful to see things that need improvement on our property.
Waterford, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here as a result of over-booked rooms at our usual place to stay, the Baymont Inn. Due to our vulnerable position (i.e., being in town without a place to stay), I feel that we were taken advantage of with regard to room pricing. We were charged $140 for a room that would normally go for less than $100. So, the lesson here is to book your room ahead of time, and do not pay more than $100-- the rooms aren't worth it. Or maybe consider another place down the street.
This is a former Microtel, and the rooms are very small. There is just enough space to walk around a queen-sized bed. That being said, the room was reasonably clean, and the bed was comfortable. If sleep is your main goal, then it serves the purpose. Just remember-- no frills, no space.

Room Tip: Consider another hotel. Book room ahead of time, and do not pay more than $100/night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mtpleasantinn, Public Relations Manager at Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We would like to thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry your stay was not as you expected. Our goal is to be the most reasonably priced hotel in our area. I'm sorry you felt you were taken advantage of, we would like a chance to make things right. We appreciate your feedback on things that we need to improve on at our property. Our staff is making progress on an improvement.

Prescott Valley, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is clean and quiet. It also has very small rooms with few amenities. For the price there should have been a laundry and a refrigerator in the room. My shower drain was plugged and the toilet did not properly flush. The swipe cards did not work in the back door. This hotel has potential but it needs work. For a bare bones hotel with tiny rooms the price is also too high.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
We would like to thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry your stay was not as you expected. Our property has under gone many new upgrades. Our maintenance staff has worked on the issues that you have brought to our attention. We would like for you to try our property again in the future. Thank you for your feedback, it is very helpful to see things that need improvement on our property.

Cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed at Mt. Pleasant Inn and Suites after five grueling days of hiking and backpacking across Isle Royale National Park. I had booked this through Priceline, and paid $88.

The good: The room was clean and quiet. This clearly used to be a Microtel, which means the room is small. But the bed was comfortable, the A/C worked well, and there was actually a ceiling fan, which is one of the first times I have ever seen such a thing in a hotel: a nice touch. In addition, the continental breakfast was quite good, though the eating area is very cramped.

So, what's not to like? Well to start with, this hotel is not worth $88; I don't care if that's "average" for this part of Michigan: it's too much for a hotel of this caliber. It's worth noting that this is a college town, but it was summer and the campus - and much of the downtown - was deserted; thus, "high demand" can't be a reason for the price.

Secondly, I accidentally booked a handicap room. Now clearly, this is not their fault, but in the past, the desk clerk has said, "I have you for one night in a queen room, no smoking..." or something like that. This woman just checked me into the room without making sure that the room was correct. Obviously, it was my fault for booking the room; on the other hand, other clerks would confirm I had booked a handicap room.

(Humorous side note: I asked for a place where I could go to have a good burger and a beer; good bar food. The woman at the desk said, "Have you been to Applebee's?" This doesn't translate humorously here, but she made it sound like Applebee's was some sort of rare treasure unique to Mt. Pleasant. When I told her I didn't want to eat at a chain, she was able to give me a good recommendation.)

Finally, I think that a toilet should work when you flush it, period, end of story, that is IT! Well, this was one of those toilets where you had to make SURE you push the flush handle ALL the way down EACH time; if you don't, the toilet pouts and swirls the water around but doesn't do its job.

After saying all this, I feel I can still recommend this place, especially when I looked at other options. But I did feel like this hotel was pricey for what I got.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Mtpleasantinn, Guest Relations Manager at Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for staying here with us at the Mount Pleasant Inn and Suites. We are sorry that you did not feel the room you booked was worth the value, despite the fact that we often have the lowest prices in town. The front desk clerk should have confirmed your room at check-in; however, it is easy to move rooms if you find yourself in a room that you are not happy with. As for the toilet flushing, we have a maintenance worker on staff that works hard to keep up with the many repairs we need done on the property. We hope that you will be willing to stay with us in the future.

Jaymie Collins
Mount Pleasant Inn and Suites
Chillicothe, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were traveling through Mich and needed a decent place to sleep. We got very lucky! Julie answered the phone and was most helpful. Then we called back because we took a wrong turn she talked us practically to the front door. She stayed beyond her shift to be the one to check us in. The rate was very reasonable. The room very clean. Thanks for a great nights sleep!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay here at Mt. Pleasant Inn and Suites. We strive to provide only the best for our guests. We appreciate the positive feedback and hope to see you again soon. Thank you for choosing Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites and have a great day.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night in May while visiting Central Michigan University. I was looking for something simple, inexpensive, and easy to find, which this place was. The hotel looks like it was originally a Microtel, with its tiny rooms just large enough for the bed. There was a tiny shelf holding the coffee maker that could have served as a sort of desk, and it did have a basic chair. The wardrobe was built in the the corner and had the TV on top. There was also a bench window seat with two drawers built in underneath. Two walls had large mirrors, making the room seem lighter and a little larger than it really was, although it still felt cramped to me. The bathroom was clean and not especially small. It did not require one to stand on the toilet to shut the door, but there wasn't much extra space. Everything was just enough. I wouldn't want to stay here long, or spend much time in the room except to sleep, but for a place to crash it was perfect.

They have free breakfast in the morning, which was similarly simple but enough. I saw juice, milk, coffee and tea, plus hot chocolate mix. There was bread for toast, muffins, eggo waffles, yogurt, and two kinds of dry cereal as well as some instant oatmeal packets and fresh fruit (bananas and apples). The seating was not plentiful, but while I was there it was not full, and they kept the tv on a morning news program at reasonable volume.

The immediate surroundings include several restaurants, a grocery store, and some other chain stores. It is right next to the highway, so convenient for travelers, but the city of Mt. Pleasant is not that big and you could stay here and still get to the other side of town in 15 minutes or less by car.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us here at the Mount Pleasant Inn and Suites. We are glad you had a positive experience here with us during your stay. You are correct, we were formerly a Microtel Inn, but we strive to be the best value in the area despite our small sized rooms. We appreciate your kind words about the many amenities we provide for our guests, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Jaymie Collins
Mount Pleasant Inn and Suites

Been to Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!