“Great for the Price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Great for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I'm generally skeptical about non-chain hotels and especially when they are the price I received. However, needing to spend less, I booked here and was pretty pleased. the set up of the hotel isn't as open as I'd like, but I think that is due to the kind of hotel and when it was build. The decor was interesting... you could tell it was done by independent owners. However, the hotel was clean, quiet and sufficient. Not top of the line, but it worked for what I needed. One downfal was having to wait for someone to come to the front desk. I booked a room with 2 queens and the room was pretty average in size, but a fellow traveler, booked one with one queen and that room was very small.

Room Tip: Book a double queen for a larger room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bay City, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

It's not the Ritz, but was clean and comfortable. Good-sized room w/2 queen beds, VERY soft sheets and decent pillows. Bathroom was small but clean. No noise from other rooms. Front desk staff at check-in weren't the friendliest but it was busy so understandable. Breakfast was typical hotel fare, microwavable foods. Easy quick check-out.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Grand Haven, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last year and returned recently for one night again, only because there were no other rooms available. Our check-in was fine, the desk clerk friendly and helpful. Our room was the smallest hotel room we've ever had, not much larger than a cruise ship cabin. Although it was clean and included the basic amenities, the bed was uncomfortable and the sheets felt worn and old. The included breakfast was worse than those that are today's standard fare at most hotels. Pre packaged fruit, bagels, cereal, yogurt and pre-packaged, microwaveable egg and/or sausage muffins were the basics. I would compare this hotel to something along the level of a Red Roof Inn or Microtel. Would I stay here again, especially for the price? No.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wabash, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

I often wonder what people expect out of a reasonably priced room. The Mt Pleasant Inn was comfortable, clean and conveniently located off US 31. Front desk staff was courteous and helpful. No, breakfast wasnt a buffet but inknew that going in. It was adequate an met our needs! We enjoyed our stay and would stay there again if we returned to this area.

• Stayed July 2012
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Something like a microtel hotel in that the rooms are small but it was cozy. Unlike many hotels I've stayed in, this room and hotel was nicely decorated. The Queen bed was clean and very comfortable. There were no defects like broken shower curtains etc. Never heard other patrons in other rooms. My room (106) looked as if it had just been decorated. No fridge but ice readily available down the hall. Modest continental breakfast available. Exterior doors were locked except for main reception during the day. Fantastic rate. Owned and operated by local Americans!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The place smelled of cigarette smoke and the room was not clean. The heater smelled like it was burning and was not usable. One of the towels in the room was dirty upon arrival. Overall the cleanliness of the hotel left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Mtpleasantinn, General Manager at Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Mt Pleasant Inn & Suites during your visit to the Mt Pleasant area. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues have been immediately addressed and corrected.
I look forward to serving you during your next stay in the Mount Pleasant area.
Shelby Township, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

First off when I booked my room with Expedia the lady told me I had a nice room with a king size bed. I get to the hotel and checked in get to my room and was very DISAPPOINTED!!! I called front desk asked him where my king size bed was he told me they had no king size beds in any of the rooms. The bed looked like it was a full size and desk clerk kept telling me it was a queen size, there was no way that was a queen because it was very small for my husband and I. So as I was checking in the desk clerk told us breakfast was till 11, so my husband and I go downstairs to grab a bite to eat and they had nothing left no coffee just bagels and juice, and then come to find out breakfast ended at 10. Overall the whole stay at the hotel was HORRIBLE!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!