“good stay at the bay mount inn” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Mount Pleasant
Cozumel, Mexico
“good stay at the bay mount inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

went with a family of 7 three adults and 4 kids for a little swimming shopping and gambling(not with the children). Stayed at the Bay mount inn and suites located near Soaring Eagle Casnio.
This is the third time we have stayed here, this time we acutally recieved the room that we requested, we have requested an ajoining room two other times and when we went we didn't have that room,since we are travelling with 4 kids two rooms make it much better.
The day we left we woke up and the hydro was off, this was not the hotels fault but thoguht they should have offered a bit of a discount on our rooms when we checked out,
The only real problem I have is the pool the water or hot tub is too chloriated and it is very hard on young skin not to mention older too.
the breakfast could be changed up a bit and I was sorry the older lady who has been there the past two years wasn't there she was very nice but I understand she got a different job at the casino

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the strong chlorine in the pool
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Midwest-USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while our daughter was visiting Central Michigan University for one night. We initially were going to stay at the Soaring Eagle Resort but changed our mind once we found out that the least expensive room would run around $170. We chose this hotel for its proximity to the Soaring Eagle casino, and I believe it was the closest. The front desk was very helpful and friendly and we checked in with no problems. Our room was very neat and clean. We did not experience any excessive noise. It was just a good hotel to spend the night in and close to the casino which we visited for a few hours. I would stay there again if I ever returned to Mt. Pleasant because it was so centrally located.

• Liked — Proximity to Soaring Eagle Casino
  • Disliked — Located along a busy highway
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

The people were very nice but the facility is old and outdated. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything, and I mean everything! The breakfast was good. I would not stay here again for $96 a night it was a rip off.

Stayed May 2007
Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

We stayed one night at the Baymont Inn when we visited CMU to attend our son’s oral presentation of his Master’s thesis. It’s quite easy to get to (the freeway entrance/exit is only a few hundred yards away). The room was large, comfortable, neat, and very clean. The king-size bed was firm and comfortable, and we got a good night’s sleep. The TV gets a very large number of satellite channels, and reception was excellent. Check-in was fast; the staff was cheerful and helpful. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was varied and extensive, and there was staff on hand to keep the eating area clean and to make sure nothing ran out. We would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — spacious, comfortable, clean accomodations
  • Disliked — it's on a business strip with not much of a view
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
plymouth, mi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2007

Checked in on Friday afternoon and was content to see my room, although small, was clean and somewhat quiet. The wireless worked fine and the room was adequately stocked. I was happy to hear that the pool & hot tub were open 24 hours as I knew I would be returning late. The front desk clerk was accommodating and friendly. No complaints at all...yet.

2:30 am i went to take a quick soak before bed and possibly a dip in the pool. No thanks. There was a drunk guy diving for his gum and sneezing into the pool regulary, all the time yelling profanities back and forth to his girlfriend in the hot tub. So much for the pool... there were some younger (21ish) kids around the hot tub drinking bottles of beer and being loud and obnoxious. They were on their way out so I ended up in the hot tub for a while. Thankfully the drunk guy and his girlfriend left shortly after I got in. This more of a reflection of the clientele than the hotel itself. it's proximity to the casino and lower than average (not by much) rate attract these types. Be prepared.

The breakfast buffet was crowded and cramped. The selection was sparse but I've seen worse. i decided to try the sausage gravy and biscuits but upon taking one bite I promptly deposited my plate in the trash. It was a cold, grey sludge over a couple of stale busicuits - stress the cold. I paid for McDonalds on my way out of town and left the free breakfast behind.

So the moral of the story is...if you want to party and get wasted and take advantage of a late night pool and nasty breakfast - this place is perfect. If you're looking for something quiet and relaxing...try somewhere else. Next time i certainly will.

Stayed April 2007
Davison, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2006

If you like noise and no response from the front desk then the Mt. Pleasant Baymont is your place to stay!

We stayed there Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving. Around 5 am Saturday the room across from us came in and someone kept running up and down the hallway. The people in the room would either stand in the doorway laughing loudly or they would close the door and the guy running around would bang on the door until those inside answered. After almost an hour of this, we called the front desk twice with no answer. Instead of sleeping in we ended up getting up and when we complained at the front desk, we were told by the female clerk that she must have been setting up for breakfast and didn't hear the phone. She assured us that The Baymont has a zero noise policy and that we would receive a discount due to the inconvenience.

That night around midnight, the people in the room next to us came in drunk and arguing. Someone was hitting the wall on the other side of our bed. Then they calmed down and decided to hop in their rooms hot tub. Apparently the plumbing runs from our room into theirs because it sounded horrible. We actually got out of our bed and checked the walls because it sounded too close to believe.

Sunday morning we heard the room accross the hall again and I got out of the bed and looked out of the peep hole to see that same female front desk clerk coming out of the room. It all made sense now...they must have been her friends!

When we checked out, there was no mention of our complaints in the computer and no discount was given! We contacted Baymont Corporate Offices and received a small discount but will never stay in another Baymont! This was supposed to have been a nice relaxing weekend--an escape from getting up early and from distractions. It was far from it.

• Liked — Location and friendly breakfast attendant.
  • Disliked — noise, noise, noise and poorly trained or unsupervised front desk help.
  • Tips/Secrets — Drive a little further and stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Big Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2006

I recently stayed at the Baymont Inn, Mt. Pleasant and I did have a pleasant stay. The front desk staff was very friendly, and the housekeeping did a wonderful job. I give this hotel a B only bcz it does need some updating but I give the staff an A+. I stayed in a suite which was just down the stairs from the pool and that was very conveinent. It is open 24hrs for adults so that is great. I absolutely adored the breakfast woman Virginia, she was very polite and always stocking the food and cleaning off tables. They did have a nice breakfast spread with Belgian Waffles that you make yourself, muffins, donuts hard boiled eggs etc. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone. To some people who feel like they have to complain about every little issue is nonsense. I believe everyone should work in the Hospitality Industry before they got nit picking about small things. If I have a problem I notify the front desk and they will take care of it, so everyone think twice before complaining these worker are overworked and underpaid! Thank You

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — carpet
  • Tips/Secrets — The casino is 1mile down the road
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Baymont Inn Mount Pleasant? Share your experiences!