I still continue to love this place. They make quality food, it's not a chain restaurant, and it's owned by an amazing, local family.
My overall favorite sandwich is Tim's Turkey. I do, however, replace the provolone cheese with smoked Gouda each time. I love that they are willing to substitute ingredients on your sandwich without a hassle.
- The sandwiches are NOT overpriced. The costs in making a quality sandwich have gone way up over the last five years, and the prices at this location are very comparable to any of the chain gourmet sandwich shops. For being a locally owned place, their prices are excellent, especially when you factor in the discounts that they offer.
- Variety. Some people feel that they may have even TOO MUCH variety, but I disagree. It's wonderful that you can pick and choose among a wonderful assortment of sandwiches. I also am very happy that they will allow substitutions on the sandwiches without adding on extra costs like other places do.
- Great downtown location with ample parking behind the building. They also have a brand new parking lot!
- Sponsor of local events, and they really make Mount Pleasant a better place to live.
- The cheesecake is amazing, but the portions are small and overpriced. It's really my only negative with this place.
I love Max & Emily's. Thanks for being a Mount Pleasant staple for all of these years.
If you own or manage Max & Emily's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.