“Stayed here many Times” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Elliot Lake, Canada
“Stayed here many Times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My Wife and I have stayed here many times in our travels between Ottawa and Sault Ste. Marie,Ontario and we have yet to find the accomodations in want of anything! We slept soundly and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere we were afforded each and everytime.
The people that work here and live citizens are quite helpful whenever we needed any information about the surrounding area. We also enjoyed the nearby Casino very much and always make it a point to stay here in our travels.We can only hope that there is an vacancy each time we pass through!
John Paul Jackson
66 Warsaw Place
Elliot Lake ,Ontario
Unit #405
705-578-2588

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Memphis, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We attended a concert at the Soaring Eagle and stayed at the Green Suites behind the Soaring Eagle Waterpark.
The room was private, very clean and very reasonably priced. The bed and linens were very comfortable.
There was a continuous free shuttle service between the 3 propertys, which made our travel very convenient.
I would definitely recommend staying there. The casino and waterpark are very nice, but loud and much more expensive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Warren, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Green Suites are situated on the edge of a golf course operated by the Soaring Eagle casino. About a mile down the road from the main resort. The rooms are 2 or 3 separate buildings more like condo apartments. The rooms are large and the suites must be at least 700 sq. ft. You get a fridge and a micro wave an package of pop corn to boot.
the showers are huge walk-ins for two with seats to sit on. Only complaint is the wash basins an mirror are out side of the bath and toilet room. Also nice views of the golf course and garden areas. One of the features that brought me here, was the 25.00 comp for each guess that could be use at the casino. The single rooms range from 70 to 85.00 less the 50.00 comp made it quite a bargain.
They stopped the comp last fall. And one other thing, don't park your car in front of the buildings. The lawn sprinklers come early
in the A.M. and will leave a residue on your car that is hard to remove. Also, the check-in is about a half mile from the suites.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We love staying here , the girls at the check in at the water park are so polite and friendly . We have never had a problem there . We were just there from April 20-26 th 2013 . We took our two granddaughters and had a two bedroom suite . The girls had so much fun as my husband and I. We have one lady from housekeeping Maria and she definitely goes over and beyond. Maybe the place is a bit dated but the staff is remarkable . I heard renovations are being discussed for soon . Can't wait till they start and to see the final results . We are from Ontario and it feels like our home away from home having a two bedroom suite. Sometimes you just have to be understanding and just relax and they defiantly take care of you . Love the view all around , you see the deer once in awhile running and the golf course is right there as the indoor water park as well . You can catch the shuttle every half hour to and from the casino which is only 5-10 minutes away . Shopping is great , food at the casino is good and many other fine restaurants to choose from. So don't let a little out dated furniture ruin your vacation cause in the end it's all about how you make it . Ty for reading my opinion on the Green Suites ..

• Stayed April 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I'm posting this under SE Water Park, too, because I was introduced to it by SE as more of a SE casino hotel / SE Water Park overflow. After my husband and I spent a few dollars on tickets for Craig Ferguson at Soaring Eagle - hilarious show and pleasant venue, no complaints there - I learned the casino hotel was sold out for our night. We'd hoped to take advantage of SE's excellent $200 package ($50 for each of us in freeplay, $25 each in restaurant / room service credit, and one night in casino hotel for $50 - a sweet deal we enjoyed 2 different times in past). Obviously, a little too sweet, because I heard SE is phasing it out. We wanted to stay nearby, so we accepted SE's offer of something else - a 'Green Suites' room adjacent to SE's Water Park property. I was not super-excited about that, because water parks and kids running amok have zero appeal for me, but I was told 'Green Suites' was separate. It was a newer SE property acquisition, previously a Holiday Inn, and situated at edge of the golf course next to the water park. I believe $165 bought us one night at Green Suites and $25 each in freeplay, which sounded OK enough in a pinch to grab it. What I hadn't known was Green Suites check-in was in water park building and the line was long - meandered back, back, back through main entry lobby, which was densely populated by water park families not just in line, but also milling around everywhere, or clogging up lobby passage in general. Desk was sadly understaffed and I hope those clerks earn a fair wage for the hard work they do. Back in the car, we followed the signs around a few curves to finally find our lodging and... welllllllll... not so nice - more like a run-down motel. We were instantly bummed out by the outdoor access to the room and the general shabbiness of the room itself, compared to the casino hotel experience. A nose-wrinkling, stinky little something hit our noses upon entry and we identified its source as the forgotten pizza box stashed on the upper shelf of our closet. We laughed about the shower, which was strangely large - like big enough for 2 people, but not romantic. I wish I'd have snapped a photo of it, because I want to say now it maybe even had two showerheads, along with a built-in seat (please correct me on this, anyone else who's stayed in a similarly weird room there). I can say the water pressure was decent. Also, the bed was comfortable and it was nice to have frig and microwave so we could snack on dinner leftovers later. I can't say the room was clean-clean, mostly because the odor which greeted us was so immediately off-putting. The carpet appeared old and a tricky thermostat also had us sweltering in the middle of the night. If you have another room option, I'd encourage you to take it. This place is too dreary for a getaway-for-two.

Room Tip: Don't stay there if you're looking for couples atmosphere. Dreary.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We love staying here , the rooms are very dated and could sure use a makeover but the service we get from house keeping and the staff at the water park make it all worth while . We have friends there and love spending time with them . We always get a two bedroom suite and enjoy our visits . So you over look some things , we go shopping and the shuttle takes us to the casino . I guess when your having fun you just make the best of it . The one thing I can say is our suites have always been very clean ..

• Stayed March 2013
Sterling Heights, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was excited and looked forward to staying there a few days until I was in our suite. Considering the money brought into the casinos and waterpark, I was surprised by the shoddy surroundings! Every appliance was old and needed cleaning. To my horror our mattress sunk into the middle and I felt the springs, in my already bad back! The furniture was filthy and I believe the carpeting has never been washed. My child spilled his drink and I wanted to wipe it up. The rag I used turned pitch black, there was no saving it. I made the kids stay up off the floor although the furniture was not much better.

Room Tip: Check out your room before you commit.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Green Suites? Share your experiences!