It was the second time within half a year I stayed at Canyon Lodge, once in winter, once in summer and both times it has been a wonderful stay! I think it is the best lodge of all I have experienced in Namibia and I have visited quite a lot! I will surely come back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The harsh rocky desert region at the southern tip of Namibia has made many a traveller think that God has forgotten this land. Not so, just 20 kilometres from the main viewpoint of the Fish River Canyon, leading off the dusty D324, you’ll find the Canon Lodge, an oasis seemingly in the middle of nowhere. The Canon Lodge is one of two existing accommodation centres in the expanse of the 530 km² Gondwana Canon Park. Tall weather-beaten granite boulders mark the location of the lodge and forms an integral part of the overall design. The 20 thatch stone bungalows are dotted among the kopies and are beautifully designed, with the walls shaped around the hills so that boulders protrude into your room, cool to the touch and smoothly rounded by an eternity of erosion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel and Despegar.com so you can book your Canyon Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canon Hotel Fish River Canyon
- Canyon Lodge Namibia/Fish River Canyon