The chalets are spread out to give privacy, and each is built by incorporating the boulders into the structure, in our case a bathroom wall. The horses and donkeys graze during the day in between the chalets.
There is a fabulous view from the restaurant out over the chalets and rock formations making breakfast a special outdoor experience.
The dinner and breakfast buffets were very good. Excellent service and friendly staff.
There is a nice gift shop at reception, one of the more extensive that we encountered during our overall travels in the area. The lodge is only 20 minutes (max) drive from the Fish River canyon so it is very easy to get there and back.
We only spent one night and would ideally be better to spend two nights to get the most out of the setting.
- Also Known As:
- Canon Hotel Fish River Canyon
- Canon Hotel
- Canyon Lodge Namibia/Fish River Canyon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The harsh rocky desert region at the southern tip of Namibia has made many a traveller think that God has forgotten this land. Not so, just 20 kilometres from the main viewpoint of the Fish River Canyon, leading off the dusty D324, you’ll find the Canon Lodge, an oasis seemingly in the middle of nowhere. The Canon Lodge is one of two existing accommodation centres in the expanse of the 530 km² Gondwana Canon Park. Tall weather-beaten granite boulders mark the location of the lodge and forms an integral part of the overall design. The 20 thatch stone bungalows are dotted among the kopies and are beautifully designed, with the walls shaped around the hills so that boulders protrude into your room, cool to the touch and smoothly rounded by an eternity of erosion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your Canyon Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.