“Excellent excellent excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eldorado B,B & Camping

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Etosha National Park
Eldorado B,B & Camping
8kms South of Anderson Gate, Etosha National Park, Namibia (Formerly Eldorado Farm)   |
Madrid, Spain
“Excellent excellent excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A group of friends and I arrived full of doubts and worries to this little bed and breakfast five minutes from Etosha National Park.
We were received by a family of three (we later found out that there were more children, but not present during our stay): Handel, Adri and their son. We could not have asked for better hosts! Adri and Hanel were extremely friendly, kind, polite and friendly. When they found out that one of our group was a vegetarian they went out of their way to cook dishes that were appropriate and so good that the non-vegetarians asked for more :) In general, I think it was one of the best food I have ever eaten, and I travel quite a bit.
The rooms were large and comfortable with everything we needed. While we were there a piece of furniture broke, and the hosts' response was professional and ideal. We were given good advice on the park and honestly couldn't wait to get back for dinner in the evenings!
Overall a very, very good experience and a location I would recommend to everybody I know!
Thank you!

(we were there in September 2011 but this option isn't available in the scroll down menu so I put September 2012)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lucon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I jut want to tell whats happen for others people to be careful:

,When I book i got a very nice answer;they didnt want money,they didnt send any contract or mentionned cancellations fee;

Unfortunately the day of our shedulded arriving my travel comanion got an health problem.
we didnt came.They just got my email adress..and i could dispaear...but I wanted to be polite and called from the city we were in.
At this precise moment everything changes:The lady of Eldorado asked the hotel manager of the place we were in our passport number, then the lady from Eldorado told me over the phone that i have to pay for the all stay and she will ask the police to come to the hotel...
In fact nothing happens....just the souvenir of a vey rude person
We left Namibia desapointed by that story...but happy not to have stay there...Imagine we had a problem during our stay there...
So be careful if you book there;ask for every details that all I can say

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
JIPEtosha, Owner at Eldorado B,B & Camping, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Francois!
Thank you for your review!
A story always has more than one side and with this response, I would like to state a few facts as seen from my side. You and your companion booked with us for 6days, from 17-22 Oct 2011. If you would recall correctly, you found it difficult to deposit the money from your country, upon which I made an exception and told you to pay upon arrival. You would agree that it took a lot of trust on my side! You arrived a day too early, on 16 Oct. We were fully booked, so I offered to phone a neighbouring lodge to secure a booking for the two of you for the night. We then made a firm appointment to see each other early the next day. We waited the whole day, but only heard from you by late afternoon. It then became apparent that you passed our place early that morning on your way to Otjiwarongo, 150km from here, when you had to drive only 1km to our place to inform us of your change of plans. As I was concerned for your companion's health I phoned the hospitals in the vicinity, and found that your uncle was not admitted to the hospital that day, so the emergency was not as dire as you claimed it to be! When you phoned us that evening, I told you that you are still liable to pay for the accommodation, even if you did not use it, as we had to show other potential guests away, in order to honour your booking. You then told me you are a very important reporter in your country and that you will be sure to tarnish our name as far as possible. We are still new in this business, but you taught me a valuable lesson and that is not to accept any booking without a deposit, as we lost a great deal of money during that week.

Been to Eldorado B,B & Camping? Share your experiences!