“Family owned 50+ years, authentic, the real deal” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 118 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Pizza
Northville, Michigan
“Family owned 50+ years, authentic, the real deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Do not be fooled by the name, Detroit Beach Pizzaria serves far more than pizza. Started by their father years ago, the third generation, sometimes the fourth, is carrying on the tradition of delicious, fresh Italian food. Not gourmet but certainly some of the best you'll ever enjoy outside of grandma's or mom's kitchen. Atmosphere is modest and humble, very comfortable. No need to dress up but arrive early as you might have to wait for a table, especially Saturday night. Prices seem to be creeping up but it's still a good value as portions are generous and served piping hot. Favorites are mostaccioli or gnocci casserole, oozing with homemade sauce and gooey cheese. Pizza is good too with quality pepperoni. Pasta fagioli is some of the best. Gnocchi is hand made. Stop there as often as possible whenever in town. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Monroe, Michigan
“Great Homemade Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The best Italian food in Monroe. Family owned for many years. Great pizza & pasta dishes, favorite is the gnocchi casserole.

Visited August 2012
MORRISON
“A cant miss stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

An awesome local favorite! I live over 600 miles away and when I return to Monroe I have to stop here! The sign out front is worn and faded but the pizza and meals fresh and awesome!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newport, Michigan
“Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great family owned and operated! Small place but excellent food. Monroe area icon! Take is available if you don't want to wait on busy evenings.

Visited April 2012
Bisbee, Arizona
“Mostacholi to die for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was born in Monroe Michan, but I live in Arizona now. Every time I went to Monroe to visit my mom I made sure to stop here and get an order of their baked mostacholi. I was never once disappointed!If you enjoy pasta, and cheese, and a very tasty sauce give it a try! I have not been to Monroe in a few years now, but I remember this place like I was there last night. It is a typical small town diner type atmosphere, but I always got a carry out so it did not matter to me that the restaurant lacked any attempt of ambience. I have heard that their pizza is also very good, but I never tried it. The mostacholi is a very generous serving that always allowed me to have leftovers, and if memory serves me right it also comes with some type of bread and a tasty fresh salad. I suggest you order a carry out because it is not very comfy sitting in the establishment but either way I bet you walk away happy with your meal!

• Visited August 2011