“Don't plan to check out late” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Last Minute Deals!
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Monroe
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Don't plan to check out late”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This Hampton Inn is average with decent clean rooms (somewhat outdated), not so comfie beds, but overall just ok. Room doors old style and loud but room otherwise quiet. Staff friendly. Only 1 elevator for whole hotel.
Breakfast typical with western omelets, cheese omelets, strange bacon, sausage, waffle maker, cereal, fruit, juice, oatmeal. Breakfast area small but breakfast staff pleasant.
Complimentary WI-Fi is slow. Business center has 1 computer and it doesn't have Power Point activated so couldn't complete my work.
All was average until I asked to check out by 1pm on Friday and was told that would be a $25 charge per hour if check out late. I travel most every week and stay at a lot of Hamptons and never heard of this!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cleveland Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

While staying here I locked myself out of my room and simply walked downstairs and gave the fellow my room number and he gave me a new key. Didn't even ask my name. scary!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Wallingford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed at this Hampton Inn and found none of the problems previously stated. I really wonder where these comments come from...The room was fine, clean, roomy, comfortable bed. The complimentary breakfast was delicious, western omelets, bacon, waffle maker, cereal, fruit, I was completely satisfied. The staff were attentive and courteous. Lobby was decorated for the season, coffee and tea offered all day.
The hotel is right off the highway, restaurant (Red Lobster) right next door, was crowded. I did not visit but the parking lot was full...a good sign. All in all, a good trip.

The only negative comment is that there was no iron, but it wasn't really an issue. Did have a hairdryer.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor, was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Southgate, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I would not recomend this hotel. Upon entering the hotel a group of female staff was huddled what appeared to be gossiping about other employees. That was the first turn off. The hotel was clean but outdated. Wallpaper peeling, stains & bleach spots on the carpet. My trip was a 3 day stay. I did not like the daily housekeeping. Everyday twice a day I was bothered by housekeeping. I finally put a privacy sign up & was no longer bothered. Also the housekeeping staff was somewhat trashy looking. I was suprised with this being a Hampton Hotel. It was not what I would typically expect. I dont know if this is a franchise noting that the management was not american and did not speak english & was not friendly. Oh, on the 2nd day I was dissappointed to have my towels arranged on the counter & my shampoo & soap in the shower which they removed. They also threw away a couple coke bottles, one which I was not done with & another that was empty. I always keep my bottle containers to turn in for recycling. If it wasnt in the trash or on the floor near the trash they should NOT throw it away.

Room Tip: Suggest 3rd floor rooms away from elevator to eliminate noise. Also suggest putting up a privacy sig...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I booked this property using my Hilton HHonors points. From the moment I walked in the door and checked in I knew there were going to be problems with this place. The young lady working the check in counter was sick, very sick, and should not have been at work. In fact, she was laying down on the couch in the lobby when I arrived to check in because she was so sick!
Once I was settled in my room, I tried to connect to the internet. I waited an hour before I called the front desk and I was told "that they always have internet problems and the repair people come out to fix it all the time". I asked to speak to the manager and was told that he was not available. I was then told to wait another hour or so and maybe the internet would be working. The young lady working the front desk called 45 minutes later and said that the manager "fixed" the internet and it was now working. Um, no it wasn't! I then decided that I was going to watch some tv, only to find that the remote control had no batteries. So, I tried to turn the tv on with the power button and that didn't work either. So, now I have no internet and no tv! This is not what I expect from a Hampton Inn. I went out to dinner and came back to settle down for the night. I jumped in the shower and there was no hot water. I called down to the front desk and asked to speak with the manager and was told that he had left the building for the evening. How convenient!!
By morning I decided that I wasn't going to let my points be used for a horrible stay. I jumped in the shower and this time I had no water pressure and no hot water. After my cold shower, I decided to go down to the breakfast area. This was the absolute worst breakfast I have ever had at a Hampton Inn. Cold and gooey!! I then went upstairs to my room to call and cancel my other reservation for this property in a few nights (I was to stay here again on August 12th). Well, the phone in the room didn't work. It was working fine last night, why wasn't it working now. So, I called on my cell phone and was told that I had already checked out so they turned the phone off. They turned it back on for me and I called and cancelled my future reservation. I explained why I was canceling the reservation and I was assured that my points would be recredited.
Poor Internet Service!
No television!
Flushing toilets all night long!
Cold Showers!
Cold and Gooey Breakfast!
Thin floors and walls!
When I did finally check out, I was told that my Hilton HHonors points were going to be recredited to my account. I stayed at this property on August 10, 2011 and as of today, September 18, 2011, my points have not been recredited to my account. I have called once every week since my stay and I have asked to speak with the manager only to be told that "he is not available". I gave up 3 weeks ago leaving my name and number because it's obvious that the manager will not return my calls. I've been in contact with the Hilton HHonors desk and they have promised me that my points will be recredited. The last time I spoke with them I told them that I was going to post a review on tripadvisor.com and I was asked to wait until September 16th to do so because I still had to give the property time to recredit my points.
Again, my points have not been recredited. So much for the Hampton 100% satisfaction guarantee.
My advice, look elsewhere!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This stay was a last minute business trip for me, so rather than my usual hotel, I stayed at the Hampton Inn. Everything about the hotel is clean. From the parking lot to the hotel room.

However, its the little things that always irk me. The toilet flushes are scary; the wireless is slow; the pantry never seemed to be open, the vending machines only take 1 dollar bills and the walls are paper thin. I flew in late and ended up checking around 2am. The hotel was hard to find because you cannot see the small unlit hotel sign on the side of the road. My only other landmark was its next to the Red Lobster Restaurant...of course at 2am that sign is also unlit. I ended up driving past it the entrance, twice!

Like I said, its the little things....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Morley, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

First, I'll say I agree with the person who commented on the "thin" floors. We could also hear the people above us walking, but it was not so loud or intrusive that we could not sleep. But with the comfort of the bed nothing could have disturbed us! The mattress was perfect, there were an abundance of pillows, and the blankets were plush and soft. It was a horribly hot day and when we got to the room the A/C was running and it was nice and cool. We had a standard room with a King bed and the the room was HUGE. The bathroom was also big. The flat screen tv, dressers, night stands, and everything else looked like they were very well taken care of, or new. The breakfast options in the morning were great. The front desk person wasn't overly friendly, but not un-friendly by any means. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!