“Great Place to Eat..” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Midland
“Great Place to Eat..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been to Annabelle's several times now and it has all been good...She post's the special on Face book and they all look great...I was told the rubin was really good today. I need to get back there.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

michigan
“unique! and great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This unique eatery is cute and friendly. It has a real feel of home with all the cute wall art and plaques with positive encouragement. The food is superb and different from all the other restaurants in town. The menu is large and everything is reasonably priced. The counter was full of bakery items and they also have a cooler with things for you to take home and heat up yourself.
I had their daily special a "reuben" It was fabulous!! It came with a side dish of macaroni salad...yummm! and chips and a pickle too. I even had to try the "elvis" cake, It was a banana cake with peanut butter butter frosting center with a chocolate frosting on top covered with chopped peanuts and peanut butter chips. OMG! This place is out of this world! This was by far one of the best lunches I have ever had!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michigan
“Looking for unique selections in a non-franchise location?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I am a long time resident of Midland. Wanting a new non-franchise experience and with the promising newspaper review of this restaurant, we were very pleased with our Monday afternoon lunch. I enjoyed the Vietnamese Bahn Mi grinder with carefully sliced carrot, radish and cucumber, seasoned chicken breast and more. The focaccia roll was delicious- definitely large enough for 2 but then my husband would not have gotten the Greek gyro which he enjoyed. Welcoming wait staff and owner shared a willingness to accommodate dietary challenges. The location on busy M20 will not preclude riding our bikes on the sidewalk. Looking forward to the opening of their old fashioned dairy bar with a promise to install a bike rack. It is not on our famous Pere Marquette Rail Trail but accessible nonetheless. Looking forward to our next visit. Perhaps the St Patrick's buffet?

Midland, Michigan
“Comfort food + cozy atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Annabelle's Own has become a favorite restaurant of ours. I *love* the fact that they offer comfort food that isn't cookie-cutter -- Low Country Shrimp Boil?! Yes! I've also had their butternut squash bisque (perfectly spiced) and their Texan BBQ pulled-pork sandwich was as good as we had in during a visit to Texas several years back. Also a favorite is their fruit salsa and cinnamon sugar pita chips. Don't count on the menu being the same every visit, though. Ann, the owner, takes great pride in creating new ideas for daily specials, which she routinely posts on their Facebook page. Annabelle's Own is a locally-owned, unique restaurant that prides itself on homemade, delicious food and a welcoming, cozy environment that lends itself well to both groups of friends & family (we are holding our daughter's 1st communion dinner there in May) or a date night with a spouse. Best of all, their prices are reasonable. The *only* downside I have seen is that they aren't yet open on Saturdays, but from what I understand that will be changing soon. Now I just have to wait patiently for their old-fashioned malt shoppe to open this summer!

• Visited January 2013