“Nice variety of food and combos” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 126 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: Bakeries
Midland, Michigan
“Nice variety of food and combos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

At Panera, you can do some mix-and-matching for your combination of lunch or dinner choices. They have a nice variety of dishes - soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas, and of course, wonderful pastries and treats for dessert. The staff is very friendly and has comped us when something was not available, which I have found to be kind of unusual these days.

Visited October 2013

Michigan
“Typical”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Typical Panera. Nothing great, average at best. Thai chicken salad was OK but the squash soup was lukewarm at best and quite sweet. Best thing about the meal was the bread but after all, it is Panera BREAD.

Traverse City
“Take out review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

One of the folks brought this back to the barn as takeout, and it was awesome! The bread was very good, but the tomato bisque was incredible! I wouldn't have thought to get this, but am darn glad that they did!

Visited October 2013
Bay City, Michigan
1,020 reviews 1,020 reviews
2,147 helpful votes 2,147 helpful votes
“I was disappointed, expected more....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had my first visit to this Panera Bread; have visited other Panera Bread restaurants and have always been satisfied. I went thru the driveway, and as I was sitting looking at the menu, I saw that they have a nice outdoor seating area. Decided to continue with the drive-thru and then take my food to this outdoor area. I sat there for over 5 minutes looking at the menu and it seems to be smaller than their other restaurants. I certainly could be wrong on that count.

I ordered a Bacon Turkey Bravo sandwich, and a pop. Service was average at best; the sandwich was good-but did not come with the lettuce and tomato as advertised, and the server also stated over the speaker that this sandwich came with lettuce and tomato. I didn't bother checking before driving away...! Should have. Decided to take to a local park to eat instead, as sandwich was very hot. They do put the food in nice boxes to keep hot and then a large paper bag. It was still hot 10 minutes later.

I would visit again. I was surprised at the total, however. Over $10. I did get a bag of chips with the sandwich. But I hope for better food and service next time.

Nice building, large parking lot, great location.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sanford, Michigan
“My Favorite "Fast Food"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had never had Panera Bread until we got this one here in Midland and it is so good! The interior design of the restaurant is beautiful and every single member of their staff is so polite and kind and are always smiling. Usually when I go and sit inside, my food is ready within 10 minutes. :] However, if you are going to go through the drive thru, make sure that you give yourself a lot of time to go through it before you have to be somewhere. It takes a little longer (I can only imagine people ordering shakes, smoothies, special coffee drinks, big bread orders ect.) They always apologize if you have to wait and they will sometimes give you a free cookie! :] And yes it is a little on the expensive side unfortunately. But regardless, their food is delicious!

• Visited May 2013