“Good experience overall” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Midland

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Midland to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Midland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 W Wackerly, Midland, MI 48640 (Formerly Fairview Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Sale Save 25%
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Midland
Greensburg, Pa
“Good experience overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

We decided last minute to go to Midland to visit our son and family. We have stayed at the Hampton and Fairfield Suites before when they were new hotels so they were quite nice. This time we decided to take our dog (age 12) and someone had recommended the Fairview. We booked it a day before and was very happy with the experience. We usually don't know what to expect from a pet-friendly hotel but you would not have known there were dogs there. The place was spotless and there was no odor. Our room was quite nice, on the second floor and a little far from the grassy area so the next time I will ask for one of the more conveniently located rooms. The breakfast was sufficient. The only problem I had was with the front desk staff. I asked a simple question about our dog being left in the room. I wondered what the routine was for the housekeeping people (who by the way were quite friendly and accomodating) so that we could take the dog out to have them clean. First of all when I approached the desk she was reading E-mails on the computer and I had to get her attention. She seemed bothered by that and was quite snippy to the point of being rude. All in all it was a good experience and would stay there again if we take our pet.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

I made reservations over the phone. When I started the check in process I asked Al if he needed my drivers license and he said not if I was paying with a credit card (which I was). When we were almost done he said that he did need my drivers license and he made a copy of it! (I have never had this done at any hotel stay before.)
With all the you hear about Identity theft this really bothered me and made me feel like some sort of criminal.
At check out time I asked Al to please shred the photocopy of my drivers license but he didn't reply.
We have been to the Fairview before and I wasn't treated this way. I won't be back again, there are many other places to stay in Midland.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sebewaing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2008

I took 3 of my kids (teens) for an overnight getaway. The hotel is so easy to find, and it's close to everything. Check in was a breeze, lots of parking. We got there about 7 and had the pool to ourselves for about 30 minutes. Pool was chilly but very refreshing after the hot tub. The pool area was immaculate! It appeared to be freshly painted. We heard that there were 7 youth basketball teams in the hotel, but it was very quiet. We had 2 full beds which were very comfortable. The bathroom is small, but the vanity was outside so we didn't mind. The lobby has a popcorn cart with free popcorn and a coffee and cappuccino machine which was also complimentary. The hotel provides a van for people who need transportation around the city. We had a car, but it would be great for anyone who needed a ride somewhere.

The hotel sits between a city street and the freeway (10), but I never heard much traffic at all. It might be quieter on the street side, but I seriously heard very little traffic on the freeway side.

Breakfast in the morning was more than adequate. They had 2 waffle makers and a wide assortment of donuts. There was fruit and cereal, hard boiled eggs, breads and bagels. Fresh flowers on every table was a wonderful touch! At one point I thought things were getting low, but within a couple minutes there were ladies (3 or more) refilling everything.

My kids brought their laptop and the wireless internet was automatic, we didn't have to get an access code or pay anything.
The lobby had a big screen TV and lots of furniture. People used it like a living room to watch a basketball game on TV. The staff were all very nice and helpful. You have to check out towels for the pool at the desk which I thought was odd, but I'm sure it makes things easier for them to keep track.

This hotel is privately owned, not a chain, and they really provide some nice extras to make you feel welcome. They have room service provided by a restaurant nearby even though there is no restaurant on site. We went to Cold Stone Creamery for an evening snack, which is less than 5 minutes away. Also had lunch at Logan's Steakhouse after checking out. And the mall is in that same area. The hospital is about 10 minutes drive, and downtown is also about 10 minutes away. Midland has some great parks and nature trails. We had a great time. We were only about an hour from home, but we felt like we had a vacation!

• Liked — Pool and location of hotel
  • Disliked — Leaving!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
traverse city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2006

This is the best place I have ever stayed!! The people who work there are so friendly and easy to talk to. The rooms and lobby and everything are so clean!! Wonderful experience and would recommend it to anyone!!

• Liked — clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — no
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thumb of Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2006

We were sent by Midland Hospital to wait next day surgery.
When I turned on the heater to take the chill off the air from
the air conditioner which ran cold, the "dust" from the heater burned off and set off the smoke alarm.
Not bad in itself, but the manager just happened in the hallway and just laughed off the situation as we hurried to the exit telling him we could smell smoke.
I suggested they set up a tri-annual room heater program and checked out immediately...
I would not stay there again for personal safety regards.

Stayed August 2006
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2006

Was a little worried when I read an AAA review saying there was no elevator. That is not correct - there is an elevator and it's quite large!!

Rooms are very clean - lobby is far nicer than what you'd expect from a family owned place. The free popcorn and coffee/cappucino in the lobby is an unexpected treat.

Breakfast room is neat and clean, good selection of items.

Will stay here again when we're in Midland!!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

The Fairview Inn is a great place to stay...........you get your money's worth and more! Staff was very friendly and helpful, the free continental breakfast had a very nice, large variety. The Belgian waffles were a nice surprise! Very quiet and clean...........lots of little "freebies" that make you feel like a special guest. You won't regret staying here!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midland
Sleep Inn
The H Hotel Midland
The H Hotel Midland
#1 of 12 in Midland
5.0 of 5 stars 295 reviews

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Midland? Share your experiences!