“Winter getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Midland
Lebanon, Tennessee
“Winter getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Rooms and motel exceptionally clean, Staff courteous, helpful and friendly, Continental breakfast adequate. Decor marvelous and geared to the season. Coffee/hot chocolate and popcorn available in the lobby. There is an exercise room and laundry which is rare for many motels. The spa and pool were refreshing and a reason we came here. Fine dining nearby as well as a large shopping center and movie theater.

Don't stay here if you need the internet as it was available only from the lobby, at least this time around. WIFI didn't work in our room which we were in for a few days and the managers were aware of the problem with WiFi but I guess didn't consider it important enough to fix as theirs at the office worked fine although WiFi was a feature of the advertising. It's not convenient to consistently get out of pj's to go to the lobby to get your email.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I had a bad experience with this hotel. After getting a reservation online and driving over an hour to the hotel. I walked in and was told that I can not get a room there because I was not 21. Not only is this a stupid rule, but they were also very rude about denying me the room. I am 18, And a legal adult of this country. I can vote, and put my life on the line for this country. But I CAN NOT get a hotel room to sleep in.

Stayed February 2014
Monclova, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed 1 night while competing at a Midland dog agility trial. This hotel was very dated, was not particularly clean, had poor continental breakfast choices and I was charged a pet fee. Way overpriced.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
BERKLEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Hotel was nice. I was there for a month between thanksgiving and Christmas and the hotel was very festive in their decorations. Staff was friendly. The rooms were a tad dated but nothing that was unbearable. I would stay here again if need be.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Decided to try a new place and surprisingly was not disappointed. This place is a little outdated but is pet friendly. Staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast could use some revamping b/c there are some key food items missing. On the other hand the sausage gravy was outstanding. Will most likely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here a couple years ago when we were visiting some of my family during the summer (July). The motel is conveniently located next to the highway as well as the huge Midland Mall. We found the general atmosphere of the Fairview to be very quaint. We loved being able to grab a coffee and popcorn at anytime. The "continental" breakfast was FAR from skimpy with lots of food on offer. The Fairview is a nice friendly place. If you're looking for a motel during your stay in Midland, Id put this place on the top of your list. The next time we are in Midland..we'll be there!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Superior, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My sister and I traveled to visit friend for a weekend and found this place while looking at hotel listings for the area. We'd stayed at the big chains in the big city, but didn't think we would want that in Midland. We stopped in at the Fairview Inn and had a chat with the fellow at the desk - a member of the owning family.

The room was clean and perfect for the two of us; we were close to the breakfast room, and pleased with all it had to offer. Our internet service was perfect the whole time. It was near the highway, but we never sensed that while staying there. It was just a friendly place, in an excellent part of town near restaurants and stores. If I were to go back to the area, I'm sure I'd choose this place again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairview Inn? Share your experiences!