“One of the best hotel experiences we have ever had!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Midland
Midland, Michigan
“One of the best hotel experiences we have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

The bed was very comfortable. The room was the cleanest I have ever seen and the people were extremely nice even when it wasn't expected. For the price we expected less from our stay but instead your staff made us feel like we were the only ones there.

We have been to much smaller hotels that were not organized and it felt like a burden to be checking in. Your staff was exceptional and made us feel like we were the only ones that mattered. Your hotel was very clean, organized and pleasant to be in.

You can tell your employees love their jobs and are getting treated very well for their work. Everywhere you go you will run into at least on or two people who are extremely polite and are always smiling and the rest are 'just doing their job' but during our stay we did not run into anyone who was 'just doing their job' not even during an early breakfast or late at night when we needed something.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Saranac, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

I have stayed at this SpringHill several times, and each time the staff has been wonderful and accomodating. When we walked through the front doors, the staff treated us as if we were coming home with a big smile and warm welcome. The rooms are VERY clean and spacious... they are huge! Every suite has a pull out sofa, mini-fridge and microwave, so you don't need to pay extra for those options. Breakfast was included in the rate and the food and service are top notch. The kids enjoyed the pool and the beautiful hiking path outside as well. The location was excellent, providing many restaurant options, and Dow Gardens wasn't too far away. The hotel has two computers in the business center, allowing me access to my email; and wireless internet is complimentary if you bring a laptop. Anytime I come to Midland, I'll be sure to choose this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

I frequently stay at SrpinHill Suite Hotels when I travel (or Marriott family hotels) and SpringHill Suites Midland suprassed the already high expectations that I have when I stay at these hotels. We will continue to stay here when I make trips back to visit family.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Midland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

Could not get them to give me a proper wakeup call. The morning I needed to be to the airport by 5:30 a.m., they called me 47 minutes late saying they just received the note about my wakeup call. Don't hotels have an automated system for that? Luckily I didn't miss my flight, but it made for a stressful morning and day.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

This was my first stay in a Springhill although I have stayed in many other Marriott hotels. The hotel was built in 2008 so it seemed very new, everything looked nice and up to date. I was impressed with the spaciousness of the rooms. Each room is a suite with a desk, sitting area and small kitchenette with microwave, sink and refrigerator. I traveled with my husband who was there on business. I enjoyed the room and the big screen TV.

Breakfast was good, there was a good selection of hot food, eggs, sausage, waffles and oatmeal. Also the typical danishes, toast, cereal, fruit etc. There is also a small bar that is open in the evenings.

The fitness center, pool and hot tub all looked nice although we didn't utilize any of them since we were only staying for one night.

The location of the hotel was good, it was near a mall and several big box stores. If a person didn't mind walking a bit, some of them are within walking distance.

I will definitely be looking at staying in a Springhill next time I travel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

The rooms are very large and are in new condition. Nicely decorated with high quality materials (granite sink and kitchen area, etc) Have flat screen tvs, mini fridge, microwave, and sink. Lots of storage in the kitchen. The breakfast was amazing, the kids loved the scrambled eggs and fresh hot oatmeal. Very pleasant staff and always helpful. Overall great experience!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Very new. Room looked great with small living area with couch, desk, micro, mini fridge. TV swivels from bed to living area. Tub/ toilet are in separate room. In AM, light from sink was smack in my face as there is no door from bedroom to sink area. Large amount of light also came ifrom the bottom edge of the blackout curtains. Verdict---room looks beautiful but not user-friendly for 2 people. Pool was nice but whirlpool had large amount of "suds". Breakfast included eggs, sausage and waffle maker.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Midland? Share your experiences!