My nine year old son and I stayed in a kids' suite at the Sierra Sands Family Lodge, and it was wonderful. Our check in was quick, and the clerk who was working the front desk was friendly and informative. She took the time to pull out a map of the area and show us how to get to areas of interest. Our room was spotless and spacious. The kids' suite has a queen sized bed and t.v., a table and two chairs in the main area of the room. Then a small, walled-off area has a bunk bed for the kids, as well as a t.v. and videogame system. There are a microwave and fridge in the sink/vanity area. The bathroom is small, but it has a wide showerhead and hooks for hanging clothing or towels. The towels are wonderfully soft and fluffy.
In the evening, we went to the pool area. The pool is large and clean. The area around it is attractive and there is plenty of seating. There are towels available at the pool. My son played in the pool for over an hour, and enjoyed it quite well. The temperature was comfortable. There is a hot tub in the pool area, too, and several guests were in it.
I highly recommend this hotel. The staff members were all friendly and everything was well-maintained and clean. I had an excellent night's sleep in their very comfy bed. The parking is easy, too. They even have room for vehicles towing trailers at the back. We will be back to this hotel, and next time, we'll stay more than one night.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Sands Family Hotel Mears
- Sierra Sands Family Hotel
- Sierra Sands Family Motel
- Sierra Sands Family Lodge Michigan/Mears
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newest family friendly lodging at Silver Lake. Featuring Kid’s Suites with separate cozy bunkroom for children to enjoy their own TV/VCR/Nintendo game as well as a Two Bedroom Family Suite. Standard Rooms include two queen beds. Heated outdoor pool and spa, inviting park area, equipped with sandpit volleyball court, basketball area, playground equipment, picnic tables and grills. Experience the thrill and beauty of Silver Lake Sand Dunes and the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan. ... more less