“Fun, and you don't get lost!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Michigan
30 attraction reviews
“Fun, and you don't get lost!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

First, a bit about me. I am an adventurer. I don't do tours. I explore on my own. But when I booked a dune trip for my family of 5 -- I went with Razor J's Tours. I know! Wacko!

Here's my thinking. This isn't cheap. I can book a couple of 4 wheelers down the road for a bit less, but I don't know the dunes. I only get two hours, and what if I get lost, or I break down. If it was just me, well, who cares - that's part of the adventure. But I had 5 people out there.

Cut to the chase.

The "tour" was amazing. The lead driver was fast and took us on a very fun and challenging route. We went places I would have never ventured into had I not had the assurance I was following someone who must know that there's a way out. We shot up the sides of huge dunes. We did tight figure 8 turn though trees. We flew down the side of the dunes. It was a grin inducing blast.

And yes... we broke down. So since we were on a "tour" the lead driver pulled out her toolbox and all us guys helped replace the main drive belt, and get going again. Now, if I had rented a machine and broke down... I'd be waiting for the help to arrive.

This is not the only way to enjoy the dunes, but it's the way I'll do it again the next time!

Visited August 2013

Detroit, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We rented dune buggies from Razor J and it was a blast. Tracey led us in her buggy and we followed her which turned out to be a good idea as she knew the best places to take us and she did not take it easy on us. The rental was for an hour and that was plenty of time because we were laughing so hard I don't think I could take much more! Skip all the putt putt and bumper cars and spend your money on this!

Visited June 2013
Hudson, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“Not for the faint of heart (...at least when my daughter drives)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

If you want a wild adventure on the dunes, this is the place to go. We rented a 4-seat Razor for the four of us (Mom, Dad, and two college age kids). We ended up being the only ones at that time slot, so we had a personal guided tour where we did our best to keep up with the guide ahead of us who was in a two-seat Razor. She took us all over the dunes (narrow winding trails, giant open dunes) and we had a blast. She kept a pretty good eye on us and would step up the pace if we were able to keep up. The Razors were plenty fast and handled very well. We learned the two basic rules (no fish-tailing and full throttle to make it over the big dunes). We were able to switch drivers and saved my daughter for the last. She definitely mastered the concept of "Full throttle to get over the dunes", but had a little trouble with the "no fish-tailing" as I lost my favorite hat and my wife ended up saving the camera with a mid-air grab. An hour of adrenaline-rushing driving on the dunes was a real thrill and everyone had a great time. Just remember the two rules!

Visited July 2012
Commerce Township, Michigan
“What a ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you're looking for adventure on the dunes, go with Razor J's! Our family rented the 4 seater and it was incredible even with an 8 year old in the back. We've been on other dune rides before, but we won't be repeating those again after this experience. It truly was like a roller coaster ride but felt safe at the same time. Don't miss this experience!

Visited August 2012
Cascade, Wisconsin
“Best dune tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

It was our first time to the dunes and we knew we wanted to rent some sort of recreational vehicle and get out on the dunes. We were glad that we chose Razor J's. Jordan was very helpful and easy to talk to. The guide we had was great. He took us to all the great spots and knew how to have fun. I would highly recommend Razor J's to anyone who wants to get out and have a great time on the dunes.

Visited June 2012