“I will go back but I will not hurry there” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Marysville, Michigan
“I will go back but I will not hurry there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

food is a little higher priced but very good, view is nice on the deck, service is sometimes slow,but overall a nice little place to go on the water.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sarnia, Canada
“Lunch at the Junction Buoy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had lunch on a beautiful, sunny day. Sat on the deck overlooking the water and the ambience was perfect. The service was a little slow but we weren't in any hurry so that wasn't an issue. I had the pickerel sandwich with coleslaw. It was a large sandwich but the pickerel was nicely cooked although the batter was a little salty. The other person had a club house sandwich and it was a generous portion. In fact, with a side salad, one lunch would have been enough for the two of us. So, I would say it say it was good value for the money. This is a great spot for a meal especially on a sunny day when you can sit outside.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“Decent Food And Stunning View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

It's the location that makes this place a super hit, especially on a sunny weekend afternoon. The restaurant sits right on the St. Clair River. Canada is clearly visible just a mile or so away on the other side.

During our first visit (so far) the parking lot was full. Not a single space available which almost caused me to waive this place off figuring there would be no channe of snagging a table. But a spot opened up across the street and we parked and headed to the restaurant with fingers crossed.

Surprisingly there were three tables inside that were unoccupied. Otherwise all the tables inside, tables outside, and seats at the bar were all jammed with patrons.

The view on this sunny day was stunning and mesmerizing. Amazingly here in Michigan, many of our rivers are actually blue unlike the muddy Mississippi and Ohio! And the blue color is really pronounced when the sun is shining brightly.

After taking our seats (no hostess was visible when we entered) the hostess did arrive with a nice smile and a couple of menus. I swear this woman looked exactly like a young Martha Stewart!

Despite the hustle and bustle our server arrived a short time later and took our drink orders. Checking the menu we saw something we hadn't seen since a recent visit to Florida - fried dill pickles! So we jumped on an order of those and then checked out the menu.

It was a wide ranging menu featuring everything from fresh Great Lakes fish like pickerel, yellow perch and whitefish to steaks, pasta, chicken, salads, sandwiches and more!

I was bent between deep fried pickerel (which is also known as walleye) and pan fried whitefish. Our server said both were good so I went with the pickerel. I had sampled the same thing recently at two other waterfront restaurants in Michigan and wanted to see how this place's fish measured up. My wife went with a deep fried pickerel sandwich.

We each had a choice of soup or salad. I got a nice, small salad and my wife wife had a cup of clam chowder.

The fried pickles were great! Battered and deep fried. Yeah I know. This meal was murder on our arteries but we don't misbehave all that often! They were served with a ranch dipping sauce. My wife's chowder (New England style) was good and probably made from scratch. She loved it although when she let me have a taste, I thought it was a little overpowered by tarragon. Still it was tasty.

My pickerel came with a baked potato and it was a fair size fillet. While good, it wasn't quite as good as I've had at other restaurants in the region. The batter was thick, so thick and hard that at the end of the fillet I could not successfully cut it with my fork. I had to pick it up and snap it with my fingers. My wife thought her pickerel sandwich was very good. And I almost forgot to mention that in addition to the choice of potato with mine, it also came with fresh and I mean really fresh veggies, which was unexpected. It came with roasted cauliflower, zucchini squash and green beans.

The maritime traffic on the river is incredible. While we were there huge cabin cruisers passed by along with big and small sail boats. We also saw walleye fisherman anchored up in their 14 foot aluminum boats, jet skis, even kayaks. This is a busy international waterway for Great Lakes and ocean going vessels and just as we were finishing our meal, the Whitefish Bay freighter steamed by. It was huge and a very impressive sight. And several cigarette boats blitzed by at a very high rate of speed.

On a scale of one to five stars, this place gets an overall 4. If I was just rating it for food, it would score a 3. But when you add the drop dead beautiful setting and the extreme friendliness and efficiency of the entire staff there, that kicks it up to a 4.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bradenton, fl.
“It's the view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The bouy sits on a piece of land extending right to the shoreline of the Saint Clair River. They have a boat dock and a very roomy outside deck, taking advantage of the views of the boats and ships sliding closely by. We go mostly for cocktails with the view, but do eat on occasion, from their fairly standard menu. The food is average but very edible. Building is clean and well maintained.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good Lunch Time Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is a good place to good for lunch. It offers a good view of the St. Clair River and the passing freighters. The service is decent and the menu is sufficient. They have some really good salads and ona nice day the deck seating is really nice.

Visited April 2013