“Nice Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Marshall

You added Comfort Inn Marshall to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Marshall
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   204 Winston Drive, Marshall, MI 49068 (Formerly Amerihost Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marshall
Rock Falls, Illinois
“Nice Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I were traveling to Flint, Mi and wanted to stay at a hotel that was close to Firekeepers Casino in Battle Creek, MI. We stopped at a Quality Inn that was a few blocks from the Casino but a single room started at $99. We decided to drive 6 miles up the road to Marshall, MI and see what hotels were available. We stopped at the Comfort Inn in Marshall, the clerks were happy to see us. I asked if they had rooms and they did, I told them I work for Walmart and they have a discount with most hotels. They ended up giving us 10% off our room. The room was 74.00 and had 2 Queen Beds, Frig, Microwave, and even a Safe. The hotel has a indoor pool and hot tub next to the pool. We didn't use the pool or hot tub, as we were heading to the casino.

The continental breakfast was superb, they had 2 different kinds of waffles , Cinnamon & Regular, hot eggs, hot Biscuits and sausage gravy, cereal, hard boiled eggs, toast, donuts, yogurt, fruit, and many other items. You also received a Wall Street Journal free.

We will most likely stay there again when traveling through that area of Michigan!!

Room Tip: We had a first floor room off the lobby
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jessica N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Marshall, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Inn of Marshall. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. As always we appreciate all feedback from our guests and I will be sure to share your comments with the Team. Nothing is more rewarding than hearing that our hard work is appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you next time you are visiting the Casino, or even when you're just passing through. Next time you will have to take advantage of the pool and hot tub, they are Very relaxing!

Thanks again,

Comfort Inn Marshall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We had an amazing stay at the comfort inn Marshall. The pool area was beautiful and so was our room which over looked the pool area. The room was very clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel based on price and the convenient location to the casino which is what we were in town for.

• Stayed December 2011
Jessica N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Marshall, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of the Comfort Inn of Marshall. As always we value the opinion of our guests, and appreciate all your comments. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your beautiful suite, and look forward to seeing you next time you make a trip to the Casino.

Thanks again for your comments, I will be sure to share them with the Team!

Comfort Inn - Marshall
Brockway, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Easy access off the highway. The staff were all very friendly,helpful and professional. The hot breakfast was fantastic, and the room was neat and clean (had that "home feeling" ) My family and I have stayed here many times and always have had great experiences there. I will always recommend this hotel to anyone who asks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Jessica N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Marshall, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Inn of Marshall! You and your family are always welcome, we want you to feel like this is your home away from home.

I will be sure to share you're comments with the Team. As always, it give us great joy to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us.

Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you next time!

West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel is older, but is well taken care of
clean and secure. The staff is GREAT and friendly
make you feel at home. They have a nice
breakfast and a helpful lady that stocks it.
The amenities are good and they have a terrific meeting
room for get togethers.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors are nice quiet, the1st floors are great for smokers for easy access...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Jessica N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Marshall, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We value the opinion of our guests and especially love hearing that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will be sure to share your review with the Team, they always feel pride hearing from our guests and kowing that they made you feel the Comfort Inn was as Comforting as home! Our Meeting room is great for gathering and I'm so glad you could put it to good use.

If you are ever in the Marshall area again or even just passing through, we hope that you will stay with us again as we look forward to offering a great stay to everyone that walks through our doors.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you next time!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here because it had easy on and off access to the highway. I was not disappointed. The front desk staff was friendly and professional. The person tending to the morning breakfast was very helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I would recommend this motel to anyone.

Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Inn of Marshall. We appreciate your kind words and value your opinion.

I will be sure to share your comments with the Team as it is always rewarding to see how our hard work makes a difference in our guest's experience.

If you are ever in the marshall area again, we look forward to having you stay with us and allowing us to make the Comfort Inn your home away from home.

Thanks again!

hancock, michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here July 25-28, 2012. We have stayed here for years. The hotel has declined through the years, but not enough that I would not go back. This is the year that I do not ever plan on going back.

The staff for the most part was very nice. One night, I asked the night clerk for towels, and she was on the phone. She said to the person she was talking to in a disgusted way...I need to go and help this person, mom. I will call you back. She then gave us towels. On Wednesday night, my mom almost fell off the toilet because it was not fixed to the floor in the bathroom (I took pics), and the toilet seat was loose and moving around. I asked the front desk lady to have it fixed as we were leaving for the day and would not be back for awhile. My mom is over 60, and if she was in the room by herself, and fell off of it, she could be there and be hurt. On Friday, I went to take a bath, and the stopper did not work in the bathtub. I went down to the front desk and asked if they had another one, or something. The front desk lady came down to see if she could fix it. She stepped into the tub and tried. She then went in search for another. Well, she never came back, and so I had to wash up with a wash rag (I couldn't take a shower because I could not get my hair wet, it is too long to get wet and have time to dry!) She came back as I was already dressed and ready for a conference that I was going to. She was going to try and fix it. I told her that she could do it when we left.

Well, the toilet never got fixed and I told the front desk clerk this on Friday night. We had not been in our room much to find this out, until my mom almost fell over again! She put a stopper in the room for the tub. I went to take a bath and the stopper didn't even fit the tub, and on top of it...because she had stepped all in the tub it was muddy....I had a daughter who needed to take a shower yet. I still was not able to take a bath. The night clerk that night was very friendly (Linda)...She said that I could go to the conference room and use that tub, but really...at 1 am...that was not appealing!

I told the manager all this that happened on Saturday, and I asked her if she wanted me to show her the toilet, and she said she would see it later. I took a picture of it, the room number, and the hotel sign. I am writing a letter to the manager. I do not feel that she tried to make anything better for the horrible room that we had.

Kelly

Room Tip: Ask if the toilet is attached to the foor!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jessica N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Marshall, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I would like to apologize for your experience while staying with us, and can assure you that this is not normal, nor is it what we want you to encounter.

If you would like to contact me via email at gm.mi307@choicehotels.com I would like to make this right by you.

I look forward to hearing from you, and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I went to Marshall for a funeral. I looked at the hotels recommended by the funeral home, Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn, and I was surprised by their prices, $150-$200 for a room with two beds! I didn't even pay that much for a room when I went to a four star hotel in Chicago. I was reluctant to choose Comfort Inn, because I was in a rather sensitive place. However, I'm glad I did. It was less than half of the other hotels, and I couldn't imagine the other hotels were any nicer.
I'm going to start with the cons, because there were so few. The hotel doesn't have an elevator, and at the top of the stairs, the door is awkward to open, to the point where if you're carrying a lot of things and have people behind you, you could easily fall backwards. Next the bathroom in our particular room was rather small.
And that's it.
The room we stayed in had a refrigerator, a microwave, a baby coffee maker, an iron and ironing board, two double beds, a bedside table, a dresser with an HDTV on it, a desk with computer chair, and a sitting chair. There was enough room for four people to comfortably exist.
In the morning, they had a superb breakfast displayed for everyone. It had cereal, bagels, danishes, muffins, hot eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, a waffle maker, milk, juice, yogurt and coffee.
I was beyond pleased with this hotel and it exceeded my expectations. The staff were pleasant and the wake call was prompt.
The location is decent. There's a dollar tree, Kmart and Radio Shack nearby, there are also a variety of fast food restaurants and an Applebee's. It's located right behind a Shell Gas Station that has a nice array of snacks.
For what I was going through, I could have easily had a horrible experience due to any small inconvenience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Jessica N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Marshall, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
First I'd like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your difficult time. I am so glad to hear that our Team could make your stay as pleasant as possible during such a sensitive occasion. We also received the very nice comment card you left at checkout, and found the first one you had misplaced in the room :-)

We very much appreciate your comments, and hope that if you are ever in the Marshall area again, hopefully on better circumstances, that you will visit us so we can make sure you have a truly comforting stay.

Thank you for your comments, I will be sure to share them with the Team, as they will be pleased to see that they made your stay comfortable and pleasant. Love the picture of your breakfast!

Jessica Noneman

Been to Comfort Inn Marshall? Share your experiences!