“A good solid spot for Lunch, dependable food well cooked.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: For over 100 years, Schuler's Restaurant & Pub has kept it in the family - and beaten the odds. How rare is this achievement? According to Family Business Review more than 30 percent of all family-owned businesses survive into the second generation. Twelve percent will still be viable into the third generation, with three percent of all family businesses operating at the fourth-generation level and beyond. Schuler's, a four-generation, family-owned restaurant in Marshall, Michigan is an institution. Schuler's attributes its longevity to the foresight of our founder and the succeeding family members who have used their entrepreneurial skills to build a 100-year tradition of hospitality and fine dining.
Lapeer, Michigan
“A good solid spot for Lunch, dependable food well cooked.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Just off I-94 is this gem of a place. On several visits the food has always been hearty with generous portions. The staff are super nice and the surroundings very comfortable. Parking is as easy as it gets. It's not cheap and this is a good thing since it's not fast food to be rushed. I have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone. Busy always this is a popular spot.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Oakland Township, Michigan, United States
“On the way through”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were on the way past Marshall Mi on I94 and saw the billboard for Schuler's Restaurant. We were familiar with the name because there had been one in our area about 30 years ago. We knew this was the original restaurant. It was a Sunday after the church rush and they asked if we had reservations (we did not) but were seated within 10 minutes. They started us with the "crackers" and the famous Win Schuler's cheese spread on water and ice tea. I ordered the Prime rib, medium, with a salad and my wife ordered a Brisket sandwich with a seafood soup. I don't remember the type but it was very good and had lots of the seafood. She enjoyed the brisket (not smoked) and the soup. The prime rib was cook as I ordered it and had a very tasty Au Ju. It is the first time that I liked the horseradish sauce that was with the prime rib, very mild. It was a little pricy but worth it. We did not see much of the restaurant because we were sat up front but it would be worth taking a little tour through it. It was built in 1909.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portage MI
“resting on their reputation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went to Schuler's for a birthday dinner, with a group of 7. The service was pretty good, and everyone else's food was apparently good, but I was surprised with my turkey burger. It was very spicy and had coleslaw on it. I solved that problem partially by taking most of the bun off and eating the rest with a fork. The prices were very high for the average kind of meal we got. I don't see any reason to go back. There was nothing special about it, and we paid a lot for what we got.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Indiana
“WELL worth the visit! Maybe a little sticker shock, but that's ok.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I'm a well travelled advisor so for a restaurant to get a five star review from me, everything had to be right. As we walked in, greeted by the hostess and seated, probably the most professional waitress named Mallory said she'd be taking care of us. Her tone was sincere, and her service throughout the meal was nothing less than excellent. I had the prime rib and hubby had the canadian walleye. Both were prepared in a perfect manner and the accompaniments of klondike potatos and whole fresh green beans were just delightful. Don't expect to get a free salad or dessert at Schuler's, but do expect to sample their long lived homemade cheese recipe with homemade crackers! Makes the trip all worth it. We drove 260 miles roundtrip for this anniversary meal. I found their prices to be a little higher than I expected for a pub type setting but since it was a special occasion, it was ok. The bill with tip for both of us with a glass of wine each was about $90.00.

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Unique Wine-tasting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went to the monthly wine-tasting and it was great fun. Both locals and travelers were in attendance. Small plates type dinner and the theme was "Michigan vs. the World".

• Visited July 2013