“Convenient and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Marquette
Cheboygan, Michigan
“Convenient and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

I stayed at the Holiday Inn, Marquette for 2 weeks in July with my family and small dog. It was a combination business / leisure trip. We had 2 adjoining rooms on the main floor. The rooms were in excellent condition. Staff was friendly. Pool was quite large with a separate hot tub. In the lobby every afternoon, fresh apples were set out for the guests and every evening warm cookies were set out. I didn't dine in the restaurant - there are many restaurants nearby. Would recommend this hotel for one night or 15.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Leelanau County, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

My wife and I, traveling on vacation, arrived to find out that our reserved room with king-size bed was switched to a fifth-floor room with two doubles. The reason was due to the part of hotel inwhich our reserved room was located was going to have work done on hot water line, and that hot water may not be available. For the inconvenience, we were given passes for a free breakfast and complimentary drink in the restaurant/lounge. Unfortunately, the comped breakfast was for either a bowl of oatmeal, or among two "economy" plate choices. Beverages were not included. My wife's OJ was additional. Later, that evening, I ordered my complimentary drink, only to find out that the pass was only good for either a $3.00 discount on one drink only, or one free soft drink.
Two mornings later (Tuesday) there were no luggage carts to be found when we attempted to leave at 8-AM. I checked each floor, the parking lot, and the lobby. Too few carts for the number of guests staying? So our entire luggage (6 bags + 2 laptops) had to be moved without use of cart. Then, the lone elevator located near our room was also one used by housecleaning staff to transport both their large carts and person to their assigned floors. Four times we waited for an elevator to open at our floor, only to find ourselves faced with an elevator fully occupied by a housekeeper with cart (who was going to a different floor). Finally, on the fourth attempt, I asked the housekeeper (who was also going to a different floor) to return to the main floor and return with the hotel manager ASAP. She graciously stepped off the elevator (with cart) and allowed us to use the now-empty elevator. I thanked her profusely, but am still very disappointed with the whole Holiday Inn-Marquette experience. In hindsight, we were misled on the complimentary drink (not free, just a $3 discount, one coupon per room only - Corporate policy our server informed us), and the comped breakfast fell short of making us feel any better about giving up a king-size bed on a long-needed vacation. I felt we were severly shortchanged in the end. To say I am very disappointed would be a great understatement.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Marquette hotels

Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Nice beds, clean room, friendly staff. Hotel pool and whirlpool was clean and refreshing. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Marquette, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

The Holiday Inn of Marquette provided the best and friendliest service I have ever experienced. Thank you for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Springfield, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

We arrived after a long drive from North Dakota. Upon checkin, we received coupons for $3.00 off drinks and coupons for free breakfast the next morning and we were chosen as the Priority Club Member of the day (or something like that) and we received a large chocolate bar and a card signed by everyone. There were only 3 choices for the free breakfast: Eggs, bacon or sausage and toast; or Pancakes; or Oatmeal and toast; all included coffee or tea. Portions were pretty good; saved us money on breakfast. The rooms were a little dated but clean and quiet. We were only spending the night, so didn't use any of the facilites. We checked out the pools and it was really large (we are used to the Holiday Inn Express which have small pools). The price for the stay was very reasonable ($70). I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Blaine, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

The main issue I had with this hotel was the staff. The front desk staff was nice, and the bartender was great, but everyone else was rude. The housekeeping staff woke us up bright and early our first morning, quickly prompting a "Do Not Disturb" sign for the rest of the trip. They also yelled up and down the hall at eachother at all hours of the day, and clogged up the hallways and elevators constantly with their carts of cleaning supplies. The breakfast was disgusting, and the prices were on par with Perkins right down the street; however the quality was nowhere close. The wait staff was extremely rude, never bothering to check in on us once our food was out. We almost had to leave without paying because she took FOREVER to bring the check. This is keeping in mind we were practically the only ones in the place. Definitely avoid.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Hartland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn in Marquette, Michigan for many years now. I'm writing this, as I felt it was about time I share my experience with other fellow travelers and at the same time, say "Thank You" to a staff of absolutely wonderful people.
As I am a frequent business traveler, I feel as though I've had a fair amount of experience with hotels of all shapes and sizes. In my opinion, the Marquette Holiday Inn is unsurpassed in providing a most comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. The staff's attention to detail and their constant effort to make you feel like you belong there, is why I continually refer to my favorite hotel as "My Home Away From Home"!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Marquette? Share your experiences!