“Hope Management Reads This!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Marquette

You added Ramada Marquette to your Saves list
Ramada Marquette
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   412 West Washington St., Business US 41 and US M 28, Marquette, MI 49855 (Formerly Ramada Inn of Marquette)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Marquette
Plymouth
“Hope Management Reads This!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

On 8/12/13 I checked in for one night. My room was near the pool and a bit noisy, that was o.k. as I knew swimming would not be an all night affair. After being there about an hour a family checked in next to me. Three screaming and yelling children. I was in a room where there were the two doors between the rooms- which the kids tried opening a dozen times within 5 mins. and banging on the walls. You could hear every word. In fact one of the kids teased the dad "Dad you can't smoke in here" his reply ..."We'll see about that!" (Only a non smoker would understand how bothersome that statement was). With that I packed back up my things and headed to the front desk. I did not bother to call, because I was not staying in that room no matter what the response was. I waited in line while the two wonderful, polite and professional young ladies managed a full line each at the check in counter and at least 8 telephone calls while I waited my turn. After explaining- I was met with a nod of the head and an upgrade to a larger room. She stated with that level of room there should not be the noise level I'd just left. She was correct- every occupied room on the floor I was on had a "do not disturb" sign hung. It was peaceful and quite. I'd dealt with both front desk ladies during my stay- they were very kind, professional and welcoming. I also noted this as I watched them deal with others. The housekeeping was also perfect in both rooms! Even in the most expensive hotels, it is not often that you check into one where the bathroom is without a single hair. Kudos to the housekeeping staff as well! The hotel is located and a beautiful area with some rooms having a lake view. I would love to hear that Ramada rewarded their staff for my experience! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Director014, Director of Sales at Ramada Marquette, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We are glad you had the opportunity to stay with us. We work hard to ensure your stay is everything you expect and then some. We look forward to your next visit to Marquette.

Ed O'Brien

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Ramada Marquette is dated, somewhat dingy, and on the night that I was forced to stay there due to trip difficulties and the busiest season, filled with a large group of young, loud, amorous, drunken revelers. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But my road-weary family was in need of a night's sleep after an unfortunate trip mishap, and I wanted nothing to do with the Ramada Marquette. From inner sanctum which is a pool surrounded by multiple levels of rooms the place has the feel of a Soviet-era apartment building in Leningrad. It is dated and drab. The staff was friendly. They quickly brought us a needed roll-away that was unfortunately sheeted with stained linen, looked like coffee drips. I try not to rate a property based on how my trip is going or how I feel at the time (tired, etc.), but this hotel made me feel worse. We got our night's sleep, but at $100, it was a disappointment. The redeeming qualities were the responsive, friendly staff and the fact that it was one of just a few pet-friendly options in Marquette. It was also half the price of the going rate at the Hampton Inn. The area of town seems to have a lot of nightlife, as in bars. If you want to be close to the action in this college town this might be your place. If you have the kids find another option.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Director014, Director of Sales at Ramada Marquette, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. I deeply apologize for the problems you encountered at our hotel. We will review your comments with our entire staff.

Been to Ramada Marquette? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Marquette

Address: 412 West Washington St., Business US 41 and US M 28, Marquette, MI 49855 (Formerly Ramada Inn of Marquette)
Location: United States > Michigan > Upper Peninsula > Marquette
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
#6 Business Hotel in Marquette
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Marquette 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Ramada Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn Of Marquette Hotel Marquette
Ramada Inn Marquette
Marquette Ramada

If you own or manage Ramada Marquette, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.