“Best pizza I've had in years--including the 4 years I lived in Chicago.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vango's Pizza

Ranked #26 of 104 Restaurants in Marquette
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Vicksburg, Michigan
“Best pizza I've had in years--including the 4 years I lived in Chicago.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Found out about Vango while reading the Marquette County, Michigan travel magazine that I picked up at our hotel. Note--we parked on the street, but there is a small parking lot in the back. We ordered a pepperoni/banana pepper pizza and there is only one type of crust available--which is on the cusp of thin/medium. Pizza was an "A+". Crust was perfect as I like thin and the wife likes medium, and it was just crispy enough. Generous amount of tomato sauce without being excessive, fresh mozzarella, and fine cuts of pepperoni. With the pizza and a few beers, our bill w/20% tip was just over $20. Quite a terrific value! If in Marquette, definitely check this out along with "L'Attitude" downtown lakefront.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Marquette, Michigan
“Pizza and waffle fries are amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Vango's food never fails! It is always good and the service is generally good. They are a busy place all the time. If you are looking for a quiet place this would not be it but the food is GREAT!

Visited May 2012
“Good dependable food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Vangos has a good variety of food at a very reasonable price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Marquette, Michigan
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

The whole wait staff should be replaced. They treat their job as if it's an opportunity to talk and visit with each other. I wish I had back all of the undeserved tip money that I've given them in the last twenty or so years. The food is priced very reasonably, and is very good. But it makes for a bad visit when a waitress that has had me as a customer for at least 15 years stands two feet away at the bar and doesn't even say hi or even give a smile. They could hire half as many waitresses that work harder and the service would be ten times as good. With the money the owners save they could give the kitchen staff a well deserved raise.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Battle Creek, Michigan
“You gotta have a Vango's Pizza when in Marquette!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

This place has been a staple for great pizza since my college years in the 70's. Every time we go back we still get a pizza and they still are wonderful. Atmosphere is typical bar, but the sauce and cheese on the pizza is great. They also have a wonderful Greek salad.....just go and enjoy!

Visited August 2011