“Awesome!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Birchmont Motel

Birchmont Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marquette
Birchmont Motel
2090 US 41 South, Marquette, MI 49855   |
Ranked #9 of 17 hotels in Marquette
North Ironwood, Michigan, United States
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My children and I were pleased to be able to stay here by beautiful Lake Superior. The managers went out of their way to help us out during a tragic time in our lives. I highly recommend this!! We went skipping down the bike trail that goes in front of the hotel along the shore of the lake. GREAT place to stay with friendly people!

Room Tip: Try to get the one on the second floor with an awesome view of the lake. It will be unforgettable!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

For your best value visit the econo lodge 24 7 services with kind harted staff. Its just Down the road and if you need a hug you just might get one so stay at the econo lodge. Birch Mont did have a friendly cleaning staff thats the only thing they got going for them.

• Stayed June 2012
Birchmontmotel2012, Owner at Birchmont Motel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are sorry you had a bad experience with our desk clerk and their service and thank you very much for complimenting our cleaning staff. We know they are the cornerstone of our families’ business and think they are doing a fantastic job. We are pleased to announce that we have hired a larger and more experienced team to take care of our guests this summer. It is our intent for every guest to have a safe, clean and comfortable room with a personable service that can be counted on. We thank you for visiting our beautiful little city and hope you return again and stay wherever you feel most comfortable.
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Good customer service is a top priority for me, and while I do agree with other reviews suggesting that the rooms were somewhat dated, the Birchmont exceeded my expectations for customer service. I was allowed to check in early, the staff was gracious in handling my and my family's requests, and I appreciated the different ways they worked to make guests feel welcome (including their diverse continental breakfast). For the price, I don't think one could find a better hotel in northern Michigan, and I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This motel is in such a lovely setting--surrounded by woods with a hill in back and Lake Superior across the road. And we enjoyed staying there with so many other dog lovers! It was handy to have a kitchenette and internet service. The room was a little dated, but a clean and welcoming and definitely a good bargain for the money. Marquette is a great town with a lot going for it! Our hosts provided us with a map of the city and recommended some great restaurants. I can't imagine staying in a generic chain motel on a trip to the U.P. We enjoyed our time there very much and we will definitely keep the Birchmont in mind for our next visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Houghton, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a large room under the office for our family of 5. It was close to the pool, which was great, but the room was dirty and the couch smelled terrible. The staff was vacuuming the office early in the morning and woke us all up. The location is good though and some of the rooms are better than others. But the rooms I saw all had a kind of musty smell.

Room Tip: Unless the large room under the office has been renovated, I would avoid it.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Birchmontmotel2012, Owner at Birchmont Motel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback about our motel. We are pleased to announce that we have completely renovated the room under the office. We replaced the couch with a new sleeper sofa (so we now have three doubles and one queen bed), added a new stainless steel refrigerator, replaced the carpets and vinyl flooring, added new cabinets, and replaced the ceiling tiles throughout the suite.

In addition we have hired more staff for cleaning and made it our policy to vacuum after 11am in the office to allow our guests below to enjoy and relax in the morning.

We are sorry for your poor experience at our motel and want you to know we strive to make every customers' stay a good one.

Jill Malin
Manager/Owner
Ketchikan, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The room was very clean and comfortable. We had a kitchenette (but didn't use it). The internet speed was excellent. The desk clerk was very nice and helpful. We had a great view of Lake Superior, and a nice private balcony with chairs, overlooking the Lake. There is a running/biking trail along the Lake, just across the road, so it is great for those who want to exercise. My husband and I are used to staying in Holiday Inn Expresses, and this was just fine for us. We would go there again if staying in Marquette. The only suggestion I have for the management is to remove the ashtrays outside the doors and ask people to smoke away from the buildings. (In fact, however, no one was smoking when we were there and nothing smelled like smoke. But I don't enjoy seeing dirty ashtrays.)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
wausau, wi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

When I heard they had an outdoor pool....I was hooked...it brought back so many memories of childhood vacations.....also the first "Vacation" movie...equipped with small kitchenettes ....deck chairs and picnic tables, a hammock....and even a gas grill 8 feet from our door...it is quite the ideal of a northern Michigan vacation....toss in a free continental breakfast with fruit/bagels and pastries....awesome piping hot coffee and a very friendly/charming/kind hostess...how could you possibly go wrong.....street construction aside...could not have asked for a better place to stay...and if I did not mention....there are 3 casinos within an hour of Marquette, MI

Room Tip: we had a back access, but a front view of Lake Superior
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Birchmont Motel? Share your experiences!