“Best in Marquette” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Detroit, Michigan
“Best in Marquette”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Ive stayed in many hotels and lots of Hampton inns, and this is the best. I have no complaints about this place. Awesome location on the waterfront and short walk to all the bars and restaraunts downtown. The staff was extremely friendly and very accomadating. Best of all the hotel is only a month old so everything is very fresh and clean. This is the third hotel I've stayed in Marquette an it blows all of them out of the water.

• Stayed August 2012
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for posting such a lovely review. We are very proud of our new hotel and we take great pride in providing the best possible service, in a clean comfortable setting. Your comment will be shared with our entire staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We decided last minute to stop for the night in Marquette while taking a trip through the UP. We showed up without a reservation and were given a great rate. The woman checking us in was kind and offered up some restaurant options for dinner.

This hotel was perfect for our family. We had a room that connected to the pool, which was great with a toddler and baby to not have to worry about elevators and hassel. The views were great and we were able to walk to dinner and a large playground. The room had a mini fridge and microwave.

Free breakfast with a view, free parking, and a brand new building. If we are ever back in Marquette we will stay at the Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Marquette Waterfront. We are thrilled to see that you were able to utilize one of our fantastic poolside rooms. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again when you come back to the Marquette area.
Iron Mountain, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the New Hampton Inn on the Marquette Waterfront just for a night, and to see what we thought of it. Tracy was fantastic when we met her at the desk, and dropped everything to give us an awesome tour of the high points of this beautiful new hotel. The pool is advertised as "salt water", but it isn't really salty to taste and is much easier on the skin than the pools in most hotels that use clorine. The rooms were beautiful and bright - and we had an awesome view of the lake that we saw the first thing when we woke in the morning. When we went to breakfast the coffee was delicious (can't say that about most hotels!), and there were freshly made waffles, fruit, cereal, sausage - in all a wonderful breakfast! Again, Tracy was there to greet us (how nice to have someone recognize you!) and we can't wait to stay there when we go to Marquette next Memorial day weekend for our son's wedding!
Thanks again Tracy!

Room Tip: Ask for one looking out on the water.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Marquette Waterfront. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we able to enjoy our fantastic saltwater pool. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your return.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Maraquette just opened in July so, if you're stay in Hampton Inn's often, it's fun to see how they are building their latest properties.

Everything was new and the staff was already up to speed. We recommend it highly.

Also, don't miss the Lagniappe Cajun Creole Eatery. It's wonderful restaurant about a quarter of a mile up the road. Our waitress was friendly and helpful and the food was superb.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able utilize one of the many local restaurants that are within walking distance. Again thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your return.
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I am a frequent business traveler and often stay at Hampton Inns. This property has great potential but needs to iron out a few kinks. The property was probably 1/3 full the night I was there but the clerk did not even consider my request for a lake view room. She said she would have to charge me $50 more even though there were plenty of rooms available that night. There are plenty of nice hotels in the area so that's not someone who's trying to win the loyalty of my business colleagues and me. I asked for quiet room and she sent me down the hall to a room right next to the parking lot from which I could hear the sounds of people slamming car doors and talking as if on loud speaker. She moved me to top floor. Those rooms currently overlook a large dirt pit which is part of a construction site but that will improve in time. Was not pleasant to be awakened early the next morning to the sound of garbage truck and construction vehicles. The rooms are average size for Hampton Inns but do have some nice upgrades, especially the bath/shower. Breakfast was usual Hampton Inn fare which is reliable and good. The breakfast room setting is just spectacular with huge glass walls overlooking the lake. The property smartly has two elevators so that makes getting in and out much quicker. An ad on one elevator door boasts the fact that sheets and duvet covers are washed freshly for each guest. Isn't that akin to boasting that a property has electricity and running water?

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments. I apologize we were not able to upgrade your room. We try to upgrade our guests whenever possible. With that said I’m glad you enjoyed our gorgeous breakfast area. We certainly appreciate your business and we look forward to your return.
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a brand new hotel - and we enjoyed it.
Good things - new, clean, different from other Hampton's. Key scan entry is very cool. Cool shore artwork is perfect. Location is perfect (wish the weather was better).
Things to work on - our shower had toothpaste (or something else green) on the curtain and walls that wasn't ours. Other than that I loved our room.
Things to be aware of if your book - there are rooms in the lower level that lead out to the pool. The noise from the pool echos into the rooms. It booms and sounds like someone is on a loud speaker. We have kids, so are used to noise. However, if you want a quiet stay - don't go for a lower level room. It's also kind of weird having your patio door open and the whole pool area can see into your room.
The view is amazing. The breakfast area is situated perfectly. Sheets were crisp and clean. I love the hotel!

Room Tip: Depending on your level of quiet - choose floor 1 or 2.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It's always nice when others share their experiences with others. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again next time you are in the Marquette area.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

On a recent trip to the beautiful new Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront for an "Art on the Rocks" weekend, we decided to try the hotel for the first time. We have family in the area and are very familar with Marquette. For many years, we always booked "another" hotel up the street, but decided it was time to move off our usual course. Let's just say we are completely sold on the Hampton Waterfront and the other place will just have to do without us from now on. I don't ever want to stay anywhere else. Here are a few reasons why: friendly and helpful staff, beautiful room (lakeview!), clean, and comfortable. We absolutely loved the always filled table of coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, and enjoying it in the dining area, but especially out on the balcony right out the door from the dining room. We sat there for hours chatting and enjoying the view, and listening to the birds out on the little island. We enjoyed watching other families bring out games to play on the tables, or watch people take a walk down below on the wonderful bike/walking path. But wait for this story of proof how helpful the staff is: I bought all kinds of things from Art on the Rocks, Getz's, the blueberry festival, Snowbound Books, Touch of Finland, and other places. I had (I thought) packed them all carefully into my suitcase. We drove home which is about six hours away. As we unpacked the car, I suddenly realized I had failed to pack many of the treasures I found. I immediately called the hotel in a slight panic and told my story of how I left many items in the hotel closet. The helpful staff went up to our room and found them intact in the closet. They proceeded to say that they would be happy to mail them to us in a flat rate post office box. When the boxes arrived just two days later, I was so impressed how the items were packed. The jars of jam were carefully wrapped in newspaper, and then the box stuffed so they wouldn't break. Thank you, Hampton Inn for a wonderful experience and for all of your help with my silly mistake of leaving items in our room. I am very grateful. You will most definitely see us again. Oh, and by the way, I wrote about your wonderful hotel in one of my blogs about our trip, www.theculinarycellar.com - where I also sing your praises! We will return!

Room Tip: Get a room with a lake view! And enjoy the balcony off the dining area. It's amazing.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your outstanding review about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Marquette Waterfront. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we able to enjoy so many of our fantastic amenities. We truly appreciate your business and look forward seeing you soon.

Been to Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront? Share your experiences!