“New Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wausau, Wisconsin
“New Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a brand new hotel - and we enjoyed it.
Good things - new, clean, different from other Hampton's. Key scan entry is very cool. Cool shore artwork is perfect. Location is perfect (wish the weather was better).
Things to work on - our shower had toothpaste (or something else green) on the curtain and walls that wasn't ours. Other than that I loved our room.
Things to be aware of if your book - there are rooms in the lower level that lead out to the pool. The noise from the pool echos into the rooms. It booms and sounds like someone is on a loud speaker. We have kids, so are used to noise. However, if you want a quiet stay - don't go for a lower level room. It's also kind of weird having your patio door open and the whole pool area can see into your room.
The view is amazing. The breakfast area is situated perfectly. Sheets were crisp and clean. I love the hotel!

Room Tip: Depending on your level of quiet - choose floor 1 or 2.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It's always nice when others share their experiences with others. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again next time you are in the Marquette area.

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

On a recent trip to the beautiful new Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront for an "Art on the Rocks" weekend, we decided to try the hotel for the first time. We have family in the area and are very familar with Marquette. For many years, we always booked "another" hotel up the street, but decided it was time to move off our usual course. Let's just say we are completely sold on the Hampton Waterfront and the other place will just have to do without us from now on. I don't ever want to stay anywhere else. Here are a few reasons why: friendly and helpful staff, beautiful room (lakeview!), clean, and comfortable. We absolutely loved the always filled table of coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, and enjoying it in the dining area, but especially out on the balcony right out the door from the dining room. We sat there for hours chatting and enjoying the view, and listening to the birds out on the little island. We enjoyed watching other families bring out games to play on the tables, or watch people take a walk down below on the wonderful bike/walking path. But wait for this story of proof how helpful the staff is: I bought all kinds of things from Art on the Rocks, Getz's, the blueberry festival, Snowbound Books, Touch of Finland, and other places. I had (I thought) packed them all carefully into my suitcase. We drove home which is about six hours away. As we unpacked the car, I suddenly realized I had failed to pack many of the treasures I found. I immediately called the hotel in a slight panic and told my story of how I left many items in the hotel closet. The helpful staff went up to our room and found them intact in the closet. They proceeded to say that they would be happy to mail them to us in a flat rate post office box. When the boxes arrived just two days later, I was so impressed how the items were packed. The jars of jam were carefully wrapped in newspaper, and then the box stuffed so they wouldn't break. Thank you, Hampton Inn for a wonderful experience and for all of your help with my silly mistake of leaving items in our room. I am very grateful. You will most definitely see us again. Oh, and by the way, I wrote about your wonderful hotel in one of my blogs about our trip, www.theculinarycellar.com - where I also sing your praises! We will return!

Room Tip: Get a room with a lake view! And enjoy the balcony off the dining area. It's amazing.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for your outstanding review about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Marquette Waterfront. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we able to enjoy so many of our fantastic amenities. We truly appreciate your business and look forward seeing you soon.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I grew up visiting family and friends in the UP and return to Marquette often. I was thrilled to learn the Hampton Inn opened just a week before Art On The Rocks and I booked a lakeview room for my family immediately. There are so many wonderful things to say about this hotel...I don't even know where to start! Let me just list them for you and I promise by the end my of review you will have your phone in hand and ready to book!

- Very friendly and knowledgable staff!
- Clean and well decorated, modern rooms (the lakeview rooms are breathtaking, I wouldn't book any other room!)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free hot breakfast and a 24/7 coffee/tea/hot chocolate bar! As a coffee lover, nothing made me happier than making a cup of coffee to enjoy on the lake front balcony!
- The balcony!! The Hampton Inn offers a beautiful balcony overlooking magnificent Lake Superior. We ate breakfast every morning on the balcony and sat together every night to watch the sunset. This balcony sets the hotel apart from any other hotel in the city.
- The hotel is literally steps away from the lakeshore bike/running trail along Lake Superior.
- The hotel is just blocks away from downtown Marquette. It only took me 5 minutes to walk to downtown restaurants.

My family and I had an amazing weekend. The staff went above and beyond to make the Hampton Inn a home away from home! Book now!!!

Room Tip: Get a lakeview room! The little extra money is well beyond worth it!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your outstanding review! We are thrilled that you were able to utilize so many of our fantastic amenities. We take great pride in providing the best possible service, in a clean comfortable setting. Your thoughtful comments will be shared with our entire staff. Again thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to your return.
MQT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We booked rooms here for our families for a wedding, and everyone was impressed with the service and the rooms. The staff was attentive and friendly, the building was brand new, the common areas were very nicely laid out and clean. They even gave the bride and groom a complimentary upgrade to a waterfront suite!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed their stay. It’s always great when our guests share their experiences with others. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Marquette's first and only waterfront hotel opened for business on Tuesday July 10, 2012 and we stayed there the following Saturday, July 14, 2012. This is an absolutely gorgeous new property, beautifully designed and executed both inside and out; spaceous breakfast area; saltwater pool and hot-tub; well equipped exercise room. The hotel is part of a redeveloped lakeshore brown-field site now called Founder's Landing and very expensive condos are going up a short distance away to the south. The basement for what will be a mixed use commercial/residential complex is under construction right next door to the north. The hotel actually overlooks NOT the open waters of Lake Superior, but Marquette's still commercially active lower harbor, the entirety of which is enclosed by a concrete breakwall seen off in the distance. The view to the south is of the Shiras coal-fired electricity generating power plant and to the north is an abandoned ore dock. The only glitch during our stay was the WiFi signal, which provided access only to the Hampton reservation website.
Now for the expensive part: $231 including taxes for one night facing the water, in the middle of summer, on a Saturday night. That was with an AARP discount. It was a nice treat to stay at this new property, but as frequent visitors to Marquette, we can tell you there are many, many other good rooms in Marquette for well under $100.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our brand new hotel. Our staff takes great pride in providing the best possible service to our guests. With that said I’m sorry to hear that there was a glitch with your wi-fi. We appreciate your business and hope to see you next time you visit the Marquette area.
Metro Detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is a brand new hotel so I was apprehensive. No worries. We stayed here two nights, two days after it opened. The staff was very attentive but not overbearing, keep it up. Made sure that you had any information you needed about the area. Breakfast area, was great very modern, good selection and large windows offering a view of Lake Superior with outside seating too. We used the patio in the afternoon during our visit for cocktails. Our room had a lake view. The beds are firm, which I liked, with flat screen TV, refrigerator (a plus for medical supplies). Bathroom was spacious and décor very nice. I enjoyed the shower head location as I am tall. We did not use the work out room, which had free weights which impressed my son. The equipment all had TV monitors which the girls thought was great. A salt water pool with hot tub is different and unique. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and although the price was a little high for the area, the amenities of this new hotel are great. Look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a delightful comment. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Been to Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront? Share your experiences!