“Great value, good location, clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Marquette
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great value, good location, clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Days Inn for two nights in October 2010 and enjoyed our stay. We were able to get a military rate which was not offered by many other hotels in the area for the weekend nights. Even without the discount, the value was very good. My only complaint would be that our room was rather small but we didn't spend much time in it anyway. The front desk service at check in was outstanding. Our request for an upper level room was honored also. The hotel and room were simple but very clean and well-kept. I appreciated the complimentary WIFI as well as complimentary breakfast. This included coffee, juice, milk, breads and muffins, cereal, pastries, yogurt and fruit. The television was a little outdated and there were no on-demand movie choices but movie channels were included. Although we didn't use it, there was a small pool and jacuzzi in the hotel also. The location was very convenient, about two minutes from downtown and conveniently accessible from HWY 41. There is a Perkins restaurant and Hudsons Restaurant within walking distance from the hotel also. We didn't have a pet but saw some staying in the hotel. Overall, we thought the hotel definitely lived up to its value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
BrianJensen, General Manager at Days Inn of Marquette, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
We are so pleases that you enjoyed your stay with us in October. It is our pleasure to honor any requests that you have as well as to be able to give our fine men and women of the military a discount. We are very proud of our property and the staff for the great job they do in the cleaning and up keep. The convenience of our location and the on property restaurants is why we are a one stop shop! Thank you again for all of your kind comments. Please keep us in mind for your future travel plans.

Day Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Davison, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I have stayed at the Days Inn in Marquette 4 times over the last year. There are many choices and this is the one I always come back to. Once I tried a "cheaper" hotel and was very disappointed. My daughter attends college at Northern Michigan University in Marquette so when I travel there my decision is now easy. The staff could not be nicer or more helpful. One time I left my favorite sandals in the room when I checked out. I called back a few hours later and they had them in a bag waiting for me at the desk. Breakfast is always stocked and tastes great. The only criticism I would have is the rooms with double beds to not have the most comfortable beds. Other than that, I will always stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
I am very happy to read that the Days Inn is your hotel of choice when staying in Marquette. Being a colloege town we understand how important it is for parents to be able to visit and stay at an afforable price. Our staff is always eager to be of assistance whenever possible. Again I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Genaral Manager
New Hope, Pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed at this motel for 2 nights. Initially when we checked in, I felt like walking out. The room had an overwhelming cover-up deodorant smell and it was extremely small. After seeing the 1 bed tiny room, I called the front desk to ask for a transfer to a larger one, but unfortunalely, the whole place was sold out. The bathroom appeared miniature size too. Wherever you turned in the bathroom, you knocked into something -either the door, toilet paper or sink.

The friendly office help made up for the lack of space. Everyone on the front desk was very informative and the breakfast was OK also, as far as the self-serv continental breakfasts go. I definitely would not stay at a Days Inn with a 1 bed (queen size, but seemed like double) room again if all the Days Inn rooms are similar.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that your stay with us was anything but satisfactory. I am very sorry that we were unable to accommodate you with a larger room due to the occupancy of the hotel. We do however have larger rooms avaliable including suites. I am happy to hear that the service from our front desk made you comfortable in a less that desireable room. I hope that in your future stays here in Marquette that you would allow for us to again show you our hospitality while staying in a one of larger rooms or suites.

yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Arrived late, staff very welcoming and helpful. Comfortable room anbd good amenities. Brilliant breakfast all in for the price of the room. Lots of advice available from the staff. Good to see a safe deposit box in the room - if needed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
I am thrilled that your stay with us here at the Days Inn was exactly what you needed after traveling in from the airport. As one of our many business traverlers, we understand that having a comfortable place, with a warm welcoming staff and a great morning breakfast is important. Thank you for your comments.

Marquette, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I spent over a month at the hotel for business travel. The staff is very friendly and outgoing. Can't beat the sleep quality (bed was great). Great indoor pool, Sauna and Adult Hot Tub. Can't beat the price with all the amenities.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Being away from home for a month can be hard on anyone. I am so happy to hear that each of the staff that you encountered were warm and welcoming. We do our best to give our guests top notch service to go with top notch prices. Comments like your lets us know that our guests appreciate what we have to offer. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you in your future travels.

Eagle Harbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

I stayed for over a week, the hotel staff and amenities were wonderful. Housekeeping was very thorough when cleaning my room. Breakfast was nice with the different pasties that were made fresh for the day. I really enjoyed my stay! I would recommend staying here anytime.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments. Our housekeeping staff is constantly training and working to keep every aspect of our hotel in top condition. I am very proud of the job they do. I will be sure to pass along your comments to them as they are greatly appreciated. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will see you again in the future.

Port Huron, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

We (husband, me, and teen daughter) spent 2 nights at this hotel based on the reviews I read. We were in Marquette to attend college orientation for our daughter. While the staff was very nice and the hotel seemed to be quite clean, our room did have a funny odor like old cigarettes and not sure what else. The bathroom door would not close so the maintenance man had to remove it and he shaved off a bit so it would close properly when he reattached it. And, the room design was poor - the bathroom sink was right at the hotel room door when you opened it so, if you were standing there and brushing your teeth for example and someone entered the room (like a family member), anyone going by in the hotel hall way could see you standing there maybe in your nightgown! The sink vanity was so small there was hardly any room for personal items to go. Also, the room had only one chair at the table even though there was room for an extra chair so more family could sit down rather than sitting on the bed to eat a bite etc. Our bed was so soft that when my husband and I were laying on it, we rolled to the middle. I felt like I had to hug the side of the bed all night. Also, seemed odd to have the hotel pool right off of the lobby where every guest coming in to register etc. could see patrons using the pool - not every guest may wish to be on display since it was all glass and you could see the whole pool area when at the front desk.

We did appreciate the continential breakfast which had your usual fare - mini muffins, cold cereals, instant oatmeal, coffee, 2 juices, bagels, english muffins, and french toast you put in the toaster (daughter said french toast was tasty). The hotel was quiet, our room A/C worked well, the maid service was good, and the front desk woman on afternoon shift was very pleasant and helpful. We would not likely choose this hotel again but would stay there if absolutely necessary. Overall, our stay was not awful really - just not so great.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn of Marquette? Share your experiences!