“Nice Irish Pub” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 104 Restaurants in Marquette
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Entertaining clients, Families with children, Doing business, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Located in downtown Marquette, MI., The Wild Rover offers a diverse menu with the distinct flavors of authentic Irish fare.Whether you’re looking to share a pint with friends, taking the family out to dinner or wanting to hear some live, local music, The Wild Rover welcomes you to come get your Irish on!
Michigan
“Nice Irish Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was our second trip here. I did not review last time but enjoyed it so thought I should review. Our server was very nice but a bit on the "low key" side. I had the Shepherd's pie which was good and my husband had a corned beef sandwich ( he enjoyed his also). Price wise... We each enjoyed two premium beers on tap and our meal for about $40.

Visited July 2014

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Rude bartender”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I came here this past weekend twice and both times had horrible service from one specific bartender. My girlfriends and I went there for lunch and each got sangria and 2 of the 4 had hair in them. It sucked but it was already gone by the time they noticed so we let it go. Then we still went back the next night and had a few drinks. The DJ said there was a special for $2 fireball shots so we went up to the bar and ordered them. The bartender didn't give us the correct price so we asked her to fix it and she snatched the money out of my hand and rolled her eyes at us. Then when she came back with the correct change she threw it at us over the counter and it went every where. I'm sorry but I don't care how busy you are that is a horrible thing to do to your paying customers. Especially when it was her mistake not ours. So incredibly rude. Unfortunately that situation made the whole experience negative so we probably won't be returning during future trips to marquette.

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Nice Irish Themed Restaurant-Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Well, Emerald Isle Nachos and background music by the Eagles might be stretching the theme a bit, but the Wild Rover has a credible Irish menu. We began with the soup of the day. My wife had tomato bisque and I had the Mock Turtle soup. My wife enjoyed hers and mine was excellent with just the right amount of spiciness. We both had the bangers and champ. The dinner comes with two sausages, but they only had 3 left. The waitress offered a choice of changing the order or getting onion rings. As our taste buds were set for bangers we elected the onion rings. That turned out to be a great choice. They were probably the best representatives of the species I've ever eaten. The bangers were as good as any I've had including those served in pubs in Dublin. The champ was nice. I would have liked more scallions or green onions minced into it for a stronger flavor, but the potatoes were mashed to perfection and tasted good. The veggies were fresh and tasty. The beer and wine selection is good and the bar tender knew how to poor a half and half (stout floating on lager) which not every bar tender in an "Irish" pub knows how to do. We didn't find it noisy, but we finished dinner about 8 and the crowd appeared to be changing to a younger set arriving for a convivial evening.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Like Irish Pubs Should Be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The beer selection was great, with a serviceable mix of Irish standbys and Michigan breweries available. The fish-n-chips was good – plus they had malt vinegar on the table. The shepherd’s pie was very good and well balanced with spices, meat and vegetables.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Great local beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great place to go for local, Michigan-brewed beer. Excellent food choices, good prices, friendly service.

Visited February 2014