“Very nice dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 104 Restaurants in Marquette
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Toronto, Canada
“Very nice dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Good service. Good steak. Amazing desserts. We were a business group in a private room; this location worked perfectly.

Visited September 2012

Michigan
“Exterior is deceiving, the inside and patio is beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

4 of us had dinner after the beer fest in here in town( a group in their early 30's) it was amazing! Steaks were tender and delicious, salads were fresh and good. Had fantastic service and Loved the 3 season patio. Would recommend, a little on pricey side.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

It was a good traditional steak house...nothing extraordinary. Our group enjoyed the steaks and seafood. The salads were nothing special. Great wine list. Dessert was wonderful. If you are in the mood for a good atmosphere and a steak dinner AND have the budget, this is a good place to go.

Hamburg, Michigan
“Average Service, Good Salad, Terrible Steaks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I am looking at these other reviews and thinking how in the world can one resturant be so different at two different times. We visit Elizabeth Chop House August 24, 2012. We ordered the Surf and Turf and our steaks were so peppery that we could not eat them. Our waiter offered new steaks, but by the time he came by our table, we had basically finished our meals (there were 3 of us) and really didn't want a properly prepared steak for our dessert. Our main server was pretty good. However we had to ask for my daughter's water to be refiled several times and then there was a wait just for that. Seemed a lack of communication exsisted between the wait staff and it could have just been that someone was new and had not gotten into the swing of things. We were never offered a discount or any thing for the poorly prepared steaks, just excuses. I wrote the owner an email and it was sent to the chef, who basically told us we were not being trueful because "I prepared over 50 steaks that evening with the same spices and you were the only people to complain" I really don't care how many steaks he prepared, all I know is there was way too much pepper on all of ours. I was disappointed that the owner couldn't contact us. Our family has eaten at several different resturants throughout Michigan and our great country many of them upsale resturants. Never have we had a steak with so much pepper. I also would like to know why an upsale resturant is adding a spice mixture to their steaks in the first place. If it is a good quality steak it needs no spices, perhaps a little salt and pepper. Honestly I could tell these were good quality steaks. I was very disappointed with this resturant. Besides that, I enjoyed the house salad, bread offering was OK, vegetables were overcooked but a good amount offered, seafood was very good and the chef prepared mine exactly how I asked!! The atomosphere is rustic/yet modern...a nice setting. We did not sit outside, but the outside settings were very nice as one could look out and see Superior and maybe even hear it?? Darn!! If it hadn't been for those steaks, this review would have been a whole lot different.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wakarusa, IN
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I went here for a girls day out. We loved the decor. We had a late lunch so the restaurant was fairly empty and quiet,which was great so we could catch up our lives. My friend had a salad with strawberries and she loved it. I had the special, which was a chicken dinner. When I tried to cut my chicken, it was extremely tough! When the server checked on us I told him and that I would try again to see if the other side was tender. It wasn't - the server came back and said they were fixing me another one. It was excellent! Can't wait till I can go back again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere