“Right on the main drag of Manistee!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 37 Restaurants in Manistee
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Eclectic
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Blue Fish Kitchen features Great Lakes Fish and locally sourced meats and produce in a beautiful, historic 1895 building overlooking the Manistee River. In summer we feature dining on our deck. Open year round we also have a fun and relaxed bar, or a romantic dining opportunity in our fine dining room. Our second floor banquet space is available for meetings and parties. If you arrive by boat, we provide courtesy dock space and we can cook your catch. Our cuisine is farm to table and chef driven, we do not deep fry, but instead choose to allow the favors of the excellent ingredients we source to stand out on their own. Our bar features craft cocktails, an extensive wine list and Michigan craft beers. And if you still have room, we create all of our family recipe driven desserts in house and fresh daily.
Parsippany, NJ
“Right on the main drag of Manistee!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant - quite large and you wonder if it ever gets filled up! Perhaps in the summer. But we were there in early October with rather mild weather.
The food was very good - dinner consisted of 2 appetizers: caesar salad and beet salad and 2 entrees: broiled chicken breast and blackened whitefish. A bottle of wine and an order of chocolate mousse completed the very good meal!
Windows faced the river making it an enjoyable place to eat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Colorado
“Wish we lived closer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This place was a hidden gem in our time in this area on vacation. So lucky we ended up eating there, a highlight of our trip. Interior decorated so well, beautifully restored building, brick and glass and just lovely atmosphere. Best part of meal was the fish & pig sandwich, the pork belly just melted in your mouth. I got a special which had 3 different kinds of fish in a creamy white sauce tdf. Service attentive, but a little on the slow side. Good value for what you get. Romantic place, even if you don't get a table w/a view. An oasis in a sort of quiet old little town with not much going on.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cadillac, Michigan
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My family and I had lunch here on a Thursday. It wasn't packed but there were maybe 10 tables full. Myself and my husband had the fish and pork sandwich, my grandma had the salmon Greek salad and the kids had the grilled cheese with tomato soup. We all thought the food was fresh and good but it was expensive. The sandwich with chips was $12 and the salad was $14. They were very small portions of fish. We decided to have desert. I had the Creme brûlée and it was amazing. My husband and grandma had the apple crumble which looked and tasted more like a apple bread pudding. My husband didn't like it but grandma did. The kids like the chocolate cake but preferred my dessert. Over all it was ok. The server was good but the food could have come out faster. Would I go back, probably not. But was the food good, yes.

Michigan
“Great Food, nice location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great food but the menu is very limited. I wish there were more choices. I feel the lunch was over priced. The computers were down so it took over 20 minutes just to get the check. The location by the river is very nice. Not recommended for families with small children.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Really satisfied!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I was a tourist going through the small but historic town of Manistee, when the blue light caught my eye. Its the only sign like that throughout the town so I knew something was different about this place. I was nervous at first seeing the white cloth table tops but was reassured when I looked over and saw the awesome bar and the relaxed sitting. I was sat quickly and my waitress served me very attentively. I would definitely come here again. The food was reasonably priced for a fine dining place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere