“Affordable and Fun Casino!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Little River Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manistee
Little River Casino Resort
You added Little River Casino Resort to your Saves list
2700 Orchard Highway, Manistee, MI 49660   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Manistee
Muskegon, Michigan
“Affordable and Fun Casino!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Little River Hotel Casino of Manistee, Michigan is "CLASSY" and very "FUN" casino. This casino is a true "Premere" casino experience. The Little River greatest assets are its true "MODERATELY-AFFORDABLE" hotel rooms and the "SHEER FUN AND FRIENDLY CASINO ATMOSPHERE! You can stay at the Little River Casino for 50% less than all other casinos in the State of Michigan, The rooms are spacious, extremely clean and VERY MODERATELY PRICED! Also this is by far the FUNNEST and down right FRIENDLIEST casino that the State of Michigan has to offer! The casino has 'SUPER SLOT PLAY" offering the LARGEST CASH PAYOUTS of any other casino in the State of Michigan. Little River also excels in FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICE. The Willows Restaurant and BOGO BUFFETT offer MOUTHWATERING FOOD at very AFFORDABLE PRICES. The Gaming Floor at the Little River is HUGE offering many new varieties of games! Your next vacation please visit the EXTREMELY AFFORDABLE Little River Casino -like they always say at Little River-"MORE FUN THAN EVER"-you will be memoraized be this amazing casino atmospere- the "BEST CASINO ATMOSPERE" in the State of Michigan!

Room Tip: Little River runs SPECIAL ROOM RATES on the internet . Check it out!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Spent a Saturday night here for a concert. Check-in was a little shaky as we were first told to come back at 4 and when we did, we were told to come back at 5:30. We got back in line a short time later and was able to get an upgraded room, so all was ok, but they should give a time and stick to it.

The rooms are very nice. Well appointed and very comfortable.

Over all we enjoyed our stay. Casino's are smoky, it's the nature of the beast, but it's a very nice layout and we look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night and were really pleased to be upgraded to a suite for free - the room was enormous with a lovely jacuzzi bath, would definitely be worth paying the extra for next time.
Lovely casino in general and plenty of nice food available.
Thanks for a great stay

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Holland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great place to stay for the money, Staff went out of there way to make our stay a great time. Parking was easy, good vents to get rid of other smoke. Our room was a non somking room for real. I will return when I need a great room.

Dave

Room Tip: We were upgraded just by asking no hassle.
Traverse City, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I would have rated this property higher if it weren't for the negatives I experienced this stay (my 2nd):
Firstly: Many thanks to the kind Guest Service Agent who took my reservation and checked me in. I work at a hotel myself and I always appreciate good customer service. We had a non-smoking King room in the South wing which surprisingly didn't smell of smoke at all even though it is very close to the casino floor itself. The room was clean and well appointed with a sitting chair (and ottoman), ample space to move about, and a vanity with a sink outside of the bathroom which is lovely for putting on makeup while the bathroom is in use. The only thing that I wish we would have had was a mini-fridge to keep our food from The Rapids in. On that note, the deli food was good as always. We always get pizza when we go there but it isn't your typical greasy cheap tasting pizza like you might find at other places. Now, the food at The Willows Buffet was an entirely different matter. You really can’t beat the $2.99 Steak and Eggs they offer from midnight-4am but still, my fiancé had ordered his eggs scrambled and they were so oily that he wouldn't even eat them. Unfortunately, his eggs weren't the low-light of that experience; it was their staff that bothered me the most. I understand it’s late and they may be used to dealing with intoxicated or grumpy patrons but we were neither of those. Our waitress seemed like she just hated everything…not only was she unfriendly but she kept disappearing. We finally went up to the counter to ask for our bill because we couldn't find her ANYWHERE and we were tired of waiting. Not only that, but the lot of them were having very inappropriate conversations right behind our table that I would have rather NOT heard and to top it off they were all highly disorganized (the host had us marked down as sitting at a different table so our bill was incorrect when we asked for it). The next morning after we checked out we went back to The Willows and found the staff working at that time to be great! However, the food was very disappointing…and I’m 99% sure it made me ill...Needless to say the ride home was quite unpleasant. Much of the food was luke warm aside from the alfredo noodles that were (literally) cold. It made me think that it was probably not freshly cooked but had just come out of the refrigerator and placed in the heating plates to warm up. I do not think we will return to The Willows anytime soon after that, not even for the Steak and Eggs deal. The Casino itself is nice (albeit the tight slots!), and the staff working there is great and friendly. If you are looking for a reasonable room rate and a good time I would suggest trying Little River but be weary of The Willows brunch buffet!!

Marion,Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had reservations for 1 night in a King room. When we were checking in the clerk said we had been upgraded to a suite. This Suite is AWESOME and the 3rd time we got to stay in it. LRCR people are always Super nice and helpful. Had a great time on the floor-win-win-win and a Great meal in one of our favorite restaurants around. Thanks LRCR and your great staff for another awesome stay where we feel like we are with friends!!!!!

Room Tip: They are all good!!!!
Holland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed in a hotel room for one night with some friends for a girls' weekend and had a good time but checking out left me bitter about the whole place in general. Once you could find your room down the many hallways and elevators, the room was clean & nice. Checking in the hotel I was assured that I could use a gift certificate given to me but was in my husband's name. But the next morning the gift certificate was refused due to "POLICIES" not written on the gift certificate or told to me when I checked in. Gift certificates are treated like checks here and you need to provide photo ID, be the person on the gift certificate, and give a signature. After talking to 3 different managers I finally got them to extend the gift certificate because it was going to expire in a couple weeks and I live 2 1/2 hours away. But they only extended it for 3 more months not another year like I asked and they suggested doing. Overall I was not impressed with how they handled the whole situation. I even called a higher up person after the weekend only to get brushed off them as well. They already had the money for the gift certificate, making it difficult to use them a way for the hotel not having to honor them?

Room Tip: All the rooms are far away......happy walking.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Little River Casino Resort? Share your experiences!