“Home away from home for SURE!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 9 hotels in Madison Heights
Troy, Michigan
“Home away from home for SURE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Recently my wife and myself had to get our kitchen remodeled which turned into a total nightmare!!! The job was suppose to take a week, but turned into almost a month project. After having no home cooked meals for over a week. My wife and myself decided to give Extended stay a first time chance, seeing that they did have a whole kitchen in every room. Checking into the hotel was GREAT. Not only were the staff pleasant and friendly, but they also showed sympathy to our problem. The room was more than what we expected. Not only was there a whole kitchen, but there were cups, plates, pots and pans. Some other things I didn't expect were the free wifi, and the free grab and go breakfast! Hopefully I wont ever have to stay at a hotel for a long period of time, but if I do, I will be staying at Extended Stay!

Room Tip: Short hallways are the best and Higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the delay in your kitchen remodeling. I hope it all worked out well. I am very happy to hear our fully equipped kitchens met your needs so perfectly. Thank you for choosing our hotel in Madison Heights. We appreciate your feedback.

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I never write reviews but had to on this one. I'm in a different hotel almost 300 times a year. With my job I travel so much. I can honestly say I will never stay at this or an extended stay ever again. The girl at the front desk when I checked in was great. Very kind and helpful. Checking out on the other hand was a guy that I never physicaly seen. I called down about 4am and asked if he would ring me a taxi thinking that he would know the most reliable taxi service in the area. Well he was very rude and said why can't you call your own taxi. Never been talked to like that. Then I get down to the lobby about 4:15am I need a receipt for my company and there is no one to be found. I even called the front desk from the house phone across the lobby nothing. I stayed there 11/4/12 checked out on 11/5/12. I suggest that you get rid of this kid/punk. The rooms was another story. Dirty nasty would not let my dog stay there.

• Stayed November 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I received your review and wanted to take the time to personally respond. I was so disappointed to hear of the service you received when attempting to check out. I agree with you that this behavior and general lack of service is unacceptable. Please be assured that as a result of your feedback, I have met with management and staff to ensure this is not repeated. Regardless of the hour, we strive to provide our guests with excellent service. We failed in your case and for that I sincerely apologize. I am also so sorry to hear that there were cleanliness issues in your room. We are addressing this as well. If you have any additional questions or concerns, I do hope you will reach out to us. We hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you are in need of a hotel. Thank you again.
Blacksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The value was very good, but you do get what you pay for. The room was a tad shabby, but the people were most friendly and helpful. The quarters available for laundry, the breakfast snacks and the free newspapers on Sundays were a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your review. I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. It's great to hear the staff was friendly and helpful. I apologize about any issues you experienced with our rooms. We are in the middle of making a few upgrades including new mattresses, bedding, lighting and new flat screen TVs in the rooms. I do hope you will give our hotel another try if you are ever in the Madison Heights area again.
Madison Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am so happy I decided to stay here. I was here for several months and would definitely stay here again! Yvette, the manager is awesome as well as all the people working at the front desk. The room was clean, bed was comfortable and it suited my needs perfectly. During my stay they installed a brand new flat screen tv in the room and also started serving breakfast that you can "grab and go".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad you enjoyed our recent upgraded bedding and our new breakfast offering. We appreciate guest feedback like yours. Thank you for choosing our hotel in Madison Heights. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.
Fenton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here for 2months, for work. Great staff, nice room!! Will come back!
The manager has made tons of upgrades! The front desk ladies Brittany and Danielle are the best.
The improvements are very nice. The manager makes you feel welcome and wanted.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your glowing review. It's so rewarding to hear our guests share their feedback on our changes. Thank you for noticing and sharing your comments with us. We are very happy you like the changes. I'm happy to hear that our staff took great care of you. We appreciate your business very much!
Madison Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have stayed here since relocating to the Detroit market for my work. The entire stay has been excellent, even through the different management. As long as I am in the Detroit area, I will continue to stay here at ESA Madison Heights@

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you very much for your posting. It was great to read that you are enjoying your stay with us! Thank you for your business. Please let us know if you should need anything at all.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Recently, my family and I had renovations done to our home and had to choose a hotel that would accommodate all of us. We had the pleasure of staying at the Extended Stay America Hotel - Madison Heights located on Stephenson Hwy. Last time I stayed there it was under a different manager. This time around it was under new management, and I must admit I was completely impressed with the work that Yvette Thomas has done. From the moment we walked in; the staff made us feel completely comfortable. The staff really goes up and beyond to make sure that you are totally comfortable and satisfy. I felt safe at the hotel and even the other patrons were nice.
One thing that really impressed me was when my son’s father came out to the hotel and he was going to take him out, they actually took my son and his father down to my parents room to make sure my son’s father was his father. Which means not only were they looking out for my safety but my child’s safety as well. Now that is impressive! We stayed here for three weeks and it didn’t even feel like we had really left home.
The rooms were really spacious and the kitchenettes were nice with a full refrigerator, stove top and microwave. If you enjoy cooking your own food; there is a Value Center Marketplace in walking distance or a 2 to 3 minute drive. If you are not one to cook they have room service that you can go online or call to order. As well as many restaurants that were either in walking distance or you could drive to, or even catch the bus. The only bad thing was the channel line up wasn’t too great and my parents couldn’t see the Tiger Games. However, that is only a minor detail. If I had to choose another hotel to do an extended stay I sure would choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: Asked for a room with DVD hook up and got a room with DVD hook up on t.v.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your glowing review of your stay at our Extended Stay America – Madison Heights. It is always so wonderful to hear such great feedback like yours. I am happy you enjoyed your staff and I am happy our staff took such great care of you. It’s always rewarding when our guests feel the positive impact from our commitment to great guest service. Thank you for choosing our hotel and thank you for staying with us.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Madison Heights? Share your experiences!