“I was ok, but my car not so much...” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Madison Heights
Aventura, Florida
“I was ok, but my car not so much...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

I used to like staying at this hotel because of the convenient location, with easy access to all parts of the city. The rooms are Ok, a little old and some are quite noisy due to being right next to the freeway. The staff is super friendly, well above average.

However, during my last (and final) stay there, my car was broken into while parked overnight at the hotel lot, literally 15 ft from my room. The thieves broke the window and dismantled the dashboard to take the Nav system. Needless to say, I was shocked to have this happen to me at a "Marriott" hotel and for the management just to shrug their shoulders and say "not our responsibility".

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Redford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Comfortable, clean, friendly!!! That IS what you will get for your money. And I might add honesty. I had lost a piece of jewlery in my room, and the housekeeping staff turned it in to the front desk. I have read other reviews of this hotel, and my stay seems to have been different. The only suggestion I have is that the dinning area needs to be larger! Otherwise great place! Oh, and a very clean pool!! Thanks Brian!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Solon, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

On the surface, this seemed like it would be a great place to stay for a wedding attended by extended family from around the country, considering price, location and the Marriott name. However, that was unfortunately not the case.

This hotel is laid out like a condo commmunity with the second floor rooms requiring a walk up 2 flights of stairs with luggage. A bit of a pain.

The beds were hard and lumpy - very uncomfortable.

While some members of the staff were very nice, others were indifferent. This became evident in 2 separate instances. First, it had been advertised and told to members of our party that breakfast closed at 9:00. In fact, there was a change in policy effective3 June 1 in which breakfast closed at 8:30. When 15 members of our party showed up at about 8:45 for breakfast, it had already been broken down and the staff was not particularly pleasant or accommodating in addressing it with us. When we asked for food we could take up to our rooms to eat, it seemed that they were out of just about everything and couldn't (or wouldn't) accommodate us.

Secondly, some members of our party were overcharged for their rooms (72.00 vs. 69.99). Admittedly, not a large difference, but there is an issue of principal here. In our case, we had booked 2 rooms at the same time, over the phone, talking with a live person and they charged us the2 different rates on the 2 different rooms. No difference in the rooms, bu the way. Wouldn't budge on adjusting the room rate.

Bottom line? This stay and treatment is not what I would have ever expected from a Marriott property and it makes me question whether I would stay in other Marriott properties.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Lapeer, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

I stayed here for a week on business. I had the studio suite. I loved the full kitchen with dishwasher, and an ice maker in the freezer. It came fully furnished with flatware, pots and pans, and mixing bowls. They even provided an empty pitcher so that I could fill it with juice to have in my room. The full hot breakfast was great! I had eggs one day, waffles another, oatmeal yet another, plus they had the usual bagels, cereal, and fruit.
The staff was very helpful in everything, answered any questions I had and even directed me to some local shopping. They knew me by name by the time I left! Something else that I had not experienced before was the evening snack that they had on a few nights. Cheese and crackers, nachos, pop, and veggie tray were available in the lobby these days. It was a very nice stay,and I will stay with Marriott from now on!!

• Liked — the 'apartment' feeling
  • Disliked — barking dogs
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

We stayed for one night at the Residence Inn in Madison Height after finding out about a special weekend discount rate.

All I can say is WOW! What a great deal. Residence Inn has rooms with mini-living rooms and small kitchens as well. In addition, we had a fireplace in ours, for which the hotel gave us a log at no charge so we could use the fireplace. Very romantic and cozy.

The beds were comfortable. Loved having the sink and mirror outside the shower room, so I could get ready while my spouse was in the shower. The room was spotless and even included complimentary microwave popcorn for us. The complimentary hot breakfast was a great way to start the day.

We will definitely stay there again when we are in the area.

• Liked — The fireplace
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Forest City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

This was a nice place to stay. We picked this facility at the last minute as this was a last minute trip. We traveled with our two small children and the only thing they had available for us was a suite with a queen bed and pull out. The suite is not fancy and is a bit plain. It was really nice having pots and pans along with a microwave and full size refrigerator. The outdoor pool and jacuzzi area was very nice. The staff was friendly and accomodating. We left two DVD's in the suite after checkout and asked them to send them back to us and they sent them FedEx at no cost to us. That was awesome. My only complaint was the morning of departure housekeeping knocked on our suite door 3 times before 830AM and they were using leaf blowers at 8AM. Lots of noise there. I would stay here again because of the staff which is awesome.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights? Share your experiences!