“Wonderful Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Naples, Florida, United States
“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We (four sisters) stayed at this hotel and could not have been more pleased! We had originally made the reservation for three and found that we needed to add the 4th person when one sister was released from the hospital earlier than anticipated. LaToya at the front desk worked with us to come up wih the best location and arrangements to meet our needs. The rooms were clean and wonderfully appointed. Both the evening "snack" (which is really a light meal) and the mornng breakfast were delightful. At breakfast we were met by a server eager to personally prepare belgium waffles, to add to the many other items already available.
The hotel is conveniently located to Beaumont Hospital; if we need to return to that area, our first booking will be a this hoel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ResidenceInnMHGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! We pride ourselves on our great staff and top notch customer service. I am glad you and your sisters were able to enjoy the hot buffet breakfast and light dinner we serve in the evening - we feel it is our extra touches that keep people coming back. If you are in the area again, we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I booked a room for a one night stay based on TripAdvisor's #1 ranking. I agree with many of the former reviews regarding the hotel itself...the outside is a bit dated but kept in good condition, but inside the rooms were very clean, large and comfortable. What makes this place is the service. I was greeted by LaToya, who was all smiles, super pleasant, and extremely accommodating. The second time I went to the desk, a woman whom I assumed to be the manager (I'm sorry, I didn't catch her name) was also extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming. Upon checkout, a third woman was equally as pleasant. The awesome staff really does make this place. Not sure it this was mentioned in previous reviews, but they serve a light dinner (pizza and salad during my stay) and an awesome breakfast, free of charge. Definitely recommend:)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ResidenceInnMHGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. I am glad to hear that you encountered great customer service throughout the hotel. I will make sure to share your comments with the staff and personally acknowledge Latoja. Thanks again and we look forward to your return.
Beverly Hills, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I could not wait to write a review for our stay at Residence Inn (Madison Heights). I stayed there for just over 2 months due to renovations being done on my home. From the start, I was nothing but impressed! The entire staff is warm, friendly, courteous, extremely competent and just spectacular! Anything we ever needed was addressed promptly and courteously. I can not say enough good things about this property and the staff. It runs like a well oiled machine! I have stayed at 5 star resorts that the staff didn't remotely compare to this staff. I wish I could remember all the names, but the stand outs are Susie, Latoya (and all the others), Eve and all the maintenance and housekeeping staff (but can't remember names, so sorry!). It is also a wonderful location! You have Costco just down the street and Meijer's grocery store down 13 Mile Rd. many restaurants and Oakland Mall. If you have to be away from your home for any reason or traveling to this area, THIS is your place to stay!

Room Tip: We chose the executive suite. It has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. One pull out bed below (from...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. I am happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and will make sure to share your comments with the staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!!
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

This place fit the bill for a weekend away from the kids. We were looking for someplace quiet and peaceful near Detroit. I was pleased to be asked, upon check-in, to sign a "no partying" agreement. A promising sign! We were not disappointed. Though there were plenty of families staying with children, enjoying the outdoor pool and other common areas, by nighttime the premises were quiet. The staff was extremely friendly (especially LaToya, the nighttime clerk), the grounds and facilities were impeccable, and the rooms were neat as a pin. Breakfast was delicious, with an assortment of hot and cold items, including fresh fruit. The only drawback to the location is that there aren't many restaurants nearby to walk to, though we did find an Applebee's, and about a mile away, a great steakhouse called Clawson's. For the business traveler in particular, this would be a great place to land.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnMHGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and I will make sure to share your comments with the staff!
We hope to see you again soon!
Pecatonica, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I had not stayed a a Residence Inn for about 5 years so wasn't sure what to expect. All in all I thought that the hotel was okay. The room was nice but I did not care for the layout. I would have preferred a room on the second floor but there are no elevators. All entrances to rooms are on the outside. I could hear footsteps from above nothing terrible but still a bit annoying.

The front desk staff and breakfast hostess were both very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ResidenceInnMHGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent trip advisor review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and I will make sure to pass long your comments to the entire staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,
Residence Inn General Manager
Lebanon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stay here whenever I am in the area, it is the only place I stay. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The staff are like family. It is my opinion that the staff here are the best in the industry.
Believe me I am on the road 200 days a year.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms in buildings 1-4
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ResidenceInnMHGM, Manager at Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Jeff L.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are glad we could be your "home away from home". We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again
Madison Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I have been a guest - almost full-time since February 2010 - at this Residence Inn property in Madison Heights, MI. I need to exspress my overwhelming satisfaction with the property management and all the staff - they are EXCEPTIONAL. They have handled a variety of special requets, handled problems with professionalism and expediency, and simple provided consistenlty superior customer service. I have stayed at Marriott properties all over the country, and the personal service this staff provide is simply exceptional - all the time. Always friendly, and willing to do whatever it takes to provide top level service.

My compliments to this Team. I am sure everyone will enjoy their stay at this property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Detroit Troy/Madison Heights? Share your experiences!