“Pimp/hooker motel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Madison Heights

You added Knights Inn Madison Heights to your Saves list
Knights Inn Madison Heights
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26091 De Quindre Road, I-696 at DeQuindre Road Exit 20, Madison Heights, MI 48071   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Bay City, Michigan, United States
“Pimp/hooker motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We got into our room and it smelled of smoke. I pulled back the bedspread and a black bug went scattering. Called a cab to take us to Detroit and he could not believe we were staying there. I now see why. When we got back the parking lot was filled with hookers, drug dealers and pimps. I was asked what I wanted and they gave me a list of things I could purchase and none were legal. I went and bought a blanket to lay on top of the covers and we heard mice in the walls and other things getting into our food. We could hear all kinds of conversations in the parking lot. The room next to us must have been the I'll be nice "make love room" because you knew everything they were doing. The pool I would not let my dog swim in that or my worst enemy. It was disgusting. Things that went on in the parking lot you sure don't want your children to see that or hear it. The Red Roof across the street is 100% better. This motel is a JOKE and should be torn down.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Worst motel I've ever stayed at. The room next door was condemned. We found a condom wrapper on the floor. The toilet seat was cracked. For some reason, there was no hot water at night. Absolutely disgusting.

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

The bathroom was nasty looking. I laid in bed for ten minutes and starting itching turned the light on and saw two bed bugs went to the office for a refund and was offered another room of course I declined. The attendant said I had to come back the next day for a refund. I returned the next day waited a hour on the manager while I waited to more people came in the same issue..terrible experience.

• Stayed September 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

the service is poor. Dirty unsanitary rooms pool opens late closes early during hott summer hours/days which is paid for w/ your room

• Stayed June 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed here last August with my family and friends. First part was my fault, I should have read the reviews on-line. Instead, I called them. Asked if the hotel was clean. Told it was very clean, they have a “crack house keeping staff”. More like a house keeping staff on crack. We got there around 11 o'clock at night. First thing we all noticed was the bullet proof glass in the lobby. The fat old guy sitting behind it was unfriendly. He stared at us as if looking for something. Now I realize he was wondering if we were cops. Checked into our rooms and got a nasty surprise; blood and public hair on the sheets, furniture dinged up badly, very dirty carpet, holes punched in the walls, spiders crawling across the floors and no knob on the bathroom door. The night stand had a broken leg. To fix it, they stacked cut pieces of wood under the corner until it sat level. Fortunately, the bed my wife slept in had clean sheets. I let her and our son have it because it was clean. I slept on top of the bedspread, in my clothes, on the other bed. I even slept with my shoes on. Glad my wife thought to bring a can of Lysol. We sprayed everything down. Our friends borrowed the can and sprayed down their room too. We wanted to leave, but it was so late at night and everyone was too tired to start looking for another hotel. The worst part was the noise all night long. People walking up and down the corridor, talking. Doors slamming everywhere. It was at that point I realized we were staying at Prostitute Central. Rooms are rented by the hour. Cars were in and out of the parking lot all night long. It finally started to quiet down around 4 am. My wife wanted to take a shower in the morning. She stood on one of their bath towels as she didn't want her bare feet touching the tub. We had pre-booked a second night. Canceled it with no hassles. I'm sure they knew that we knew, what sort of place they are running. I'm surprised the police have not raided this place. I'm also surprised that Knights Inn corporation hasn't forced them to clean up their act. I do not recommend staying here. It's not only dirty, but very dangerous.

Room Tip: Don't stay here in the first place, especially if you want to keep living.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Barryton, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Absolutely the worst property I have ever stayed at. I work in hospitality and have stayed in my share of properties all over. This had to be the absolute worst property ever...calling it a dump would be a compliment. If you have to call home to remind a family member where your dental records are "just in case"...you know you have an unsafe property. The furnitute looked like it was picked up curbside on garbage day, linens were stained, cigarette burns in the comforters, odor in the refrigerator. I was checking the bed daily for bed bugs (which we didn't have but could have questioned by the looks of the room). When you cannot receive a refund 10 minutes after check in I would look elsewhere for lodging. Rumor has it that Red Roof Inn across the street is a four-star property compared to this place. Management did not respond to any complaint inquiries and Knights Inn Corporate ended up handling the issue afterward.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

Not knowing the area, I made a reservation thinking I was getting a deal, what a mistake!!
When I arrived I found garbage in the parking lot, the room doors didn't look like they could survive a mild kick.
prostitutes and their respective Johns at the parking lot observing who was coming and leaving the hotel; when I got to the front desk that looked more like an auto pound clerks office (a 7'x4' "lobby" protected by bullet proof glass clerk's window)
At this point I knew I didn't need to check in to my room but to leave that area ASAP

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Madison Heights? Share your experiences!