They did a large retrofit of this hotel, removing most of their bathtubs and opening windows. They also made it non-smoking. We always had issues with this place with smoke. A number of the floors were smoking and the smell permeated everything.
We received a special offer from them for the Jan 27th weekend for $49pn. We decided to try them again for that price. We have recently changed to the Fairfield Inn, which is next door to them, usually less expensive and always smoke free.
We were given a room on the 4th floor, which smelled, and changed to another, also on the 4th Floor. We ended up getting the stench of smoke coming in to the vent in the bathroom. I complained three times but they could do nothing to find the person smoking. They told me that they would do nothing anyway to them, even if they were located.
The room was also quite stuffy, no windows opened. I made sure not to have an ajoining room as the noise can sometimes be a factor. I had noise anyway - 4AM - very thin walls I guess. I had the AC fan on all the time to try to bring in some fresh air but it was quite noisey.The hotel was not very crowded.
Breakfasts are good, room is clean. In closing, I think that we will go back to the Fairfield Inn for our next visit.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy Hotel
- Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy Hotel Madison Heights
- Hampton Inn Madison Heights
- Madison Heights Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a home on the Detroit road, ideally positioned for everything downtown and beyond, at Hampton Inn Detroit/Madison Heights/South Troy. Just off I-75, in the high-tech hub city of Madison Heights, MI, this modern hotel is within 20 minutes of the bright lights, corporations and casinos of downtown Detroit. Indulge your sporting and family passions from our Madison Heights hotel—it’s minutes on the freeway to the lions and tigers of Detroit Zoo in Royal Oak, MI, or the Lions and Tigers of Ford Field and Comerica Park in downtown Detroit. Enjoy warm cookies at check-in and a warm welcome always at Hampton Inn Detroit/Madison Heights/South Troy.Relax in a spacious guest room—they all offer our clean and fresh Hampton bed ®. Accessible rooms are designed for your comfort. Stay connected from your room or from our lobby – where there’s free coffee 24-hours – with free WiFi access throughout this Madison Heights hotel. Host a meeting for up to 40 on the doorstep of Madison Heights’ tech companies, in our Hospitality Suite. There’s free printing in our business center for your notes, schedules and agendas.Start the day right with Hampton’s free hot breakfast and choose favorite toppings for oatmeal and fresh waffles to accompany hot and cold selections. Don’t miss out if you’ve got early meetings, simply grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday, for a quick, healthy meal to go. Consult our local experts – the friendly Hampton Inn Detroit/Madison Heights/South Troy team - for Madison Heights restaurant recommendations and local attraction information - all available right at the front desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, EasyToBook, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.