“I want to love this place. Go on a weekday.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 106 Restaurants in Madison Heights
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“I want to love this place. Go on a weekday.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Don't come starving as it always takes time. We were told 15 minutes for a table and we waited 45. This place is poorly designed and busy for the food. Not the service. I don't understand why they make me wait 15 minutes to order? You walked by us 8 times. Maybe we wouldn't have to have waited so long if people actually get to order when they know what they want. a busboy brought us water, and after we got our food the waitress was very attentive. Seems like no one is in a hurry there (just me!). Love the food, love the chocolate covered strawberries with the bill. Get it together!

• Visited April 2013

Troy, Michigan
“Cozy breakfast spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

When it comes to dining options on John R, I've always thought of it as Oakland County's Chinatown. But I was pleasantly surprised by this breakfast spot. The place was bustling on a Sunday, but the friendly, attentive staff kept the plates & customers moving.

The only down-side is the limited parking in the designated lot, but there is ample street parking behind the restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakland Township, MI
“Totally Yummy Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were down in this area running errands, and not really sure where to eat, but came across this place - looks a little kitchy outside - and we had a 25 minute wait, but WOW, did we have a Yummy Breakfast! Service was fast and polite, even though the kitchen was handling 3 large parties of 6+ tables. Once we were seated, service was fast and friendly. Our breakfast was also served promptly and smoking hot. Coffee was fresh and good. The Kelly's omelette (spinach, bacon and gouda) was light, fluffy, and delicious. The Wild West omelette was also delicious, and both were served with hash browns and a small fruit serving. The huge, decadent French Toast was mouth-watering and also totally yummy. We're not down in the area very often, but we would DEFINATELY stop in again, even if there was a wait.

• Visited February 2013
Michigan
“Wonderful place, worth a drive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great place with a satisfying menu for everyone. Service is always great and if there is a line it normally goes quickly. Everything we have had from the menu is so good and tasty.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Would never pay for such poor service again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

After waiting 30 minutes for a table (I would not mind the wait if the food was great and the service impeccable), we were cattle herded to our table by a women who's definition of how to properly speak to customers is to yell and verbally belittle them. I personally do not care how good the food is, if I'm going to be treated poorly, then I'd rather cook at home. The food was not hot, and tast was just ok. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this resteraunt following my experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Food