“Very Satisfied” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Madison Heights
Grayling, Michigan
“Very Satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My Wife and I were Very satified with our stay on 11/21/12. The room was very clean,Bed was very comfortabe.
The Front Desk was very personable and helpfull. Very Reasonable prices. Really Quite all night.

We will Definately stay there again.Was there for the Lions Game and it is only about 15 minutes away
F.T.
P.S. I read the other reviews -----That was not our experience at all---

Room Tip: No room is faceing the main road and therefore it is very Quite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Greg M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so very much for your positive feedback! We are delighted that you were pleased with your room, your sleeping accommodations and our staff. On behalf of our entire Red Roof Inn team, we THANK YOU and hope you will return!

Greg Mahone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oshawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was very unsatisfied with my stay on Friday, November 9, 2012 at Red Roof Madison Heights, Mi for the following reasons:

1. I was disgusted to find the dirty toilet with fece in the bowl.
It was gross! I arrived late and I was too tired to request another room.

2. Contrary to Red Roof promotion including a pamphlet in the room, there was no WI FI available in my room.
When I called the phone number on the WI FI pamphlet, I was told that months earlier, service was cancelled by this particular Red Roof Inn.

Your records may show that I have stayed at this particular Red Roof Inn several times in past year. I have not always been completely satisfied but I did not feel that a formal complaint was warranted until now.

I trust that you will agree that my expectation of having a clean toilet and WI FI as advertised is a reasonable expectation!

Regrettably, the dirty toilet image will remain with me whenever I see Red Roof Inn. Thus it is unlikely that I will stay at Red Roof any time soon.

Thank you for your attention my comments.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

We profusely apologize for the experience you encountered during your recent stay. Each and every guest room that we offer to our guests undergoes and extensive inspection procedure before it is turned over as a room for guest rental. After we researched the issue you encountered, it was learned that in your case, the room that you were initially assigned to occupy was changed when you requested a first floor room upon your arrival. Due to a computer input error on our part, you were mistakenly assigned to a room that was not intended for guest rental, as it had not yet gone through our vigorous inspection procedure that includes a thorough checking for cleanliness issues, appropriate guest amenities, toiletries, etc., as well as for brand standard items (updated wi fi collateral, brochures, etc.). It is our earnest intent that each and every guest stay is a pleasurable one from the time you enter our door ...... until the time you leave our hotel. It is for this reason that we sincerely apologize for our error. Upon idenifying our error, we have taken immediate steps to ensure that such an error does not occur again. We thank you for your previous stays, and we sincerely hope that you will return again and allow us to demonstrate to you the committment to service that we pride ourselves in. Thank you again for your feedback, as it assists us in our ongoing efforts in improving our services to you.

Highland Lake County, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here while in the area doing a trade show. The price very reasonable, but this is a bare bones room. There are pretty much no ammenites. There is no in-room coffee-maker, no hair dyer, and no microwave. The soap was unwrapped, which made me wonder if it had been left over from the pervious occupant. The towels are very thin and small. The room is very small. There is no complementary breakfast, and while there was supposed to be a free "coffee bar", the pots were empty when I went to get some. The room was fairly clean. If you are just looking for a place to stay for the night, it is ok. But don't expect any extras.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GregM154, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We realize that as a guest you have choices, and we appreciate your not only staying with us, but taking the time to share your comments with us as well. We will continue to use such feedback to improve our services to our guests. We hope that you will visit us again should you return to the Madison Heights area.

Pinconning, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I'm not sure if disappointed is the right word here. After reading all of the reviews, I had higher expectations. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room wasn't dirty, but it did have a rather strong smoke smell, especially considering it was a non-smoking room and Michigan doesn't allow smoking at hotels. The room was relatively clean, though it clearly hadn't been thoroughly gone through, as there was a pile of change (odd, I know) in one of the corners...The toilet also did not flush properly. Was it anything that would automatically deter me from staying again...no. The wireless internet was not the strongest, either. For the low price, though, it does warrant at least an average rating. And one cool positive - it is very nearby restaurants and shopping centers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
On behalf of our entire team, we extend our thanks for your comments. We are delighted that you were impressed with our friendly staff, as our entire staff is committed to ensuring a pleasurable guest experience! We do apologize for the smell of smoke in your room. As a non-smoking hotel, we are quite aggressive in taking steps to ensure that our non-smoking policy is adhered to. However, occasionally we unfortunately do have situations where the policy is not followed. We do sincerely apologize that this occurred. We again thank you for your feedback, as it allows us the opportunity to improve our services to our valued guests.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was at the Red Roof Inn on a business trip. I let the staff know that my work hours aren't typical so wanted a quiet room. Greg, the manager really leads his staff well. He not only made sure I had a corner room on the second floor, but he also had housekeeping come at the same time everyday so I was never disturbed. The whole staff was great and the room was priced well. I have already made my next reservation for this hotel next month. They really do a good job there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GregM154, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Many thanks for your kind remarks. We are so very delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we eagerly wait your return! Thanks again for choosing Red Roof Inn-Madison Heights!

Sincerely,l

Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Me and my family came to the Red Roof Inn while visiting our family in Detroit. We drove from Ohio and we were very tired upon arriving. The front desk lady was very nice and fast with our check in. We needed to change our room to 2 beds and she was very accommodating. We stayed here for 4 nights and I must say that I was very surprised by how thorough housekeeping was. We arent too familiar with Red Roof Inn hotels so when we arrived, I didn't expect to get the service we received. the manager ( I think his name was Greg) was absoutely amazing. He treated me and my family like we were at a five star hotel! My childeren loved the housekeeper Lisa. She went out of her way to always speak to my children and even remembered thier names. The price was great and affordable and very close to my sisters house so the commute each day was great. Will def come back here next time we visit Detroit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GregM154, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
We are happy that you were pleased with our Five Star Service! Our guests are very important to us and we strive to demonstrate that each and every day. We recognize that valued guests such as yourself have choices . . . . and we genuinely appreciate that you chose us! Thank you for staying and we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Billings, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is not a hotel for humans. This is a hotel for bugs. Bugs like bed bugs, roaches, and any other creepy crawlings. Oh yes even rats are welcome here!! Dead or alive since there was a dead smashed rat in the parking lot and live ones running around. LITERALLY! I came to this hotel not knowing I was walking into hell. When I first walked in the office a fat blonde girl was gossiping about a co-worker and didn't even acknowledge me at first. I finally got my room, took shower, and went to sleep - I had been driving all night and very tired. The bathroom was filthy with hair and floor very dirty. I didn't think it was going to get worse or I would've IMMEDIATELY DEPARTED! I woke up to bites all over my arm and saw a couple bed bugs IN MY BED! I went to the office wanting my money back so I could leave this filthy dump and they tried to convince me to stay by giving me a free night. You could NOT pay me to stay any longer! I wanted to talk to the manager but I kept getting refused. I was told he was unavailable but while I was standing in the lobby the girl at the front desk was on the phone with him and he refused to talk to me. She then told me he would talk to me when he came to the hotel. I was not going to wait. I did receive my money back and hauled @ss out of there! I would not recommend this place to even the dirtiest people alive! Very bad experience from property to manager!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Though your comments are quite alarming, I can only conclude that your experience must have been at another hotel other than our Madison Heights location, as we have no one on staff that fits the description of the front desk associate you described. Additionally we can safely and assuredly state that due to our proactive approach with pest control, have no issues of bed bugs, rats or any other pests.

Greg Mahone

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights? Share your experiences!