We took advantage of the advertised "Spring Splendor Promotion" advertised by the Mackinaw Area Visitors Bureau and received a great rate!The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. When we arrived they presented us with a welcome gift: a Holiday Inn mug. The ad says the rooms were renovated in 1998. We did not stay on the club level, but our room was average. It looks like the carpet, shower curtains were new. The curtains, lights and bed spread did not seem that new. When we wanted to take our free shuttle ride to the ferry the front desk called and he arrived minutes later! When our boat returned from the Island the shuttle was there for us. The breakfast is complimentary and they have a great variety: eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereal, bagels, toast, pastry, fresh fruit. We went June 9-12 and it was not crowded and the lilacs everywhere are just beautiful! The pool was clean the jacuzzi was great! The arcade they advertise is only one violent game and the laundry for guests does not have a dryer that will dry clothes. We ran ours twice and they were still wet. Overall we enjoyed our stay. We loved the island, the fort, the history and the fudge in Mackinaw City!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open all year! Clean, Comfortable & Affordable! Choose the Holiday Inn Express in Mackinaw City for your next visit. We are close to area attractions, shopping and dining. An easy walk to the shore of the Straits of Mackinac where Lakes Huron & Michigan meet, walk under the Mighty Mackinac Bridge or sit in the park and enjoy the sunset over the water. Large indoor heated pool, sauna, hot tub & fitness room. Free hot breakfast featuring over 25 fresh & delicious items. Seasonal shuttles to casino & ferries. Well-lit interior corridors, elevator & 24-hour desk staff. Every room has a microwave, minifridge & coffee maker.Mackinaw City offers Mill Creek Discovery Park, Colonial Fort Michilimackinac, Old Point Lighthouse, Jack Pine Lumber Jack Show, Mackinaw Crossings Shopping Outlet with Free Light Show, Sunset Boat Cruises, McGulpin Point Lighthouse, International Dark Sky Park Programs, Lighthouse Cruises, Disc Golf, Geocaching & so much more to discover!Our staff anticipates your needs and looks forward to introducing you to the magic of Mackinaw! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City Hotel Mackinaw City
- Holiday Inn Mackinaw City
- Mackinaw City Holiday Inn