“Clean, convenient, nice amenities” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Lansing, Michigan
“Clean, convenient, nice amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel was very clean and offered great amenities. Whereas most hotels offer just what is required, this one goes above and beyond for guest comfort. For example, they offer makeup remover towelettes in the bathrooms (not that I use them, them but a nice touch nonetheless), extra towels, and everything you could possibly want for breakfast. Also, they have the largest cable package of any hotel I have ever stayed at, tho I don't think the programming is in ND.
I wasn't terribly fond of the decor package choices, but was pleasantly surprised with everything else... including full balconies on all 3rd and 4th floor rooms.
I only found one minor cleanliness concern, and that was a spot on the inside of the sheer curtain. But, I don't know how the housekeeper would have even seen it, unless she stood inside the shower and pulled the curtain to clean it.
Very few hotels in Mackinaw are branded, and you just don't know what you will get. But, I can honestly say that this hotel exceeded my expectations for the Holiday Inn Express brand. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a Bridgeport balcony room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HIEMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear drhall,

Thank you for displaying your feedback. We truly value our guests and are pleased that you found our property clean, convenient, with nice amenities. The entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express, in Mackinaw City, MI, does their best to make your Stay Comfortable, during your travels. Even though nothing in life is perfect, we do aim for perfection daily, and appreciate knowing, even the smallest details missed. It is utilized as a training/retraining tool. It is nice to know that our cable programming is sufficient. And yes, not all channels are HD, but there are several HD channels. You will be pleased to know, the decor is changing, and we have already put in new carpet throughout the guest rooms, halls and stairwells, with much more to come. So, we hope you have the opportunity to re-visit our property. Even the balconies will be getting new carpet!

Sincerely, D Ruff - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night on our way to Canada. The outside of the hotel was nice, although I felt it was in a shady location but that might have been because it was the off season. The outside fooled me into thinking the insidr would be super nice, the inside is run down and just has a cheesy tourist feel. Which I'm sure for the area is ok. The employee that we dealt with was super nice and even called upstairs to make sure we were settled in and the room was ok. The bed was a little soft and the furniture seemed outdated. The hotel offered a free breakfast which was very good. The hotel is also in walking distance of some local shops and our room had a view of the Mackinac Bridge. Overall a nice stay!

HIEMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Joe & Kiki,

Thank you for your feedback. We welcome this as an opportunity to let everyone know our property is in the beginning stages of a Property Improvement Plan and will be undergoing many changes in the next couple years. The office season does have a different feel, due to the nature of being a historic summer resort area, and many businesses are closed, as well as summer homes. As a top global summer destination, we hope you will have an opportunity to revisit the area and the hotel.

The Entire Staff of the Holiday Inn Express - At the Bridge, Mackinaw City MI
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City was a nice place to stay~! Clean rooms and friendly staff... Breakfast Bar Attendant was very friendly - the breakfast bar was fully stocked and had a great variety.
I didn't use the pool, but it looked to be kept in good shape.
I asked for a free upgrade and Boom!... 3rd floor looking at the 8th Wonder of the World... the Mackinaw Bridge! What a great off season deal... will stay there again for sure...

Room Tip: higher floor would have less foot traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HIEMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your experience, at the Holiday Inn Express, At the Bridge. Our success is measured by the quality of service we extend to our guests. The entire staff, at the Holiday Inn Express, in Mackinaw City, strives to help each guest Stay Comfortable and Stay Satisfied. The principle goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to our guests, with a friendly staff and quality amenities for your convenience. We are happy that we were able to hook you up!

Most sincerely, D Ruff
Negaunee, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My brother and I were having car issues as we came across the bridge into the lower peninsula. While waiting for a tow truck the Holiday Inn staff was extremely gracious in allowing us to stay in their lobby. They offered us coffee and food and even allowed us to use their wi-fi. From now on I only plan to stay at Holiday Inn locations if I'm ever in the need of a hotel room. Thanks again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HIEMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Justin M,

Thank you for the kind words. The entire team, at the Holiday Inn Express "At the Bridge", takes pride in applying their hospitality skills, at any opportunity. We are pleased we were able to make you and your brother Stay Comfortable and Stay Connected, while waiting for assistance with your vehicle.

D. Ruff - General Manager
Holiday Inn Express, Mackinaw City MI
Carrington, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed during the off season and had a rough day with car trouble and needed a soak in the hot tub but by the time we finally got there the pool room was shut down but the staff was kind enough to up grade us at no extra cost to a whirlpool room. The room was very comfortable and had an excellent view of the bridge all lit up at night, the staff was very friendly and very helpful. When we are in the area again we will definitely choose this hotel again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

The entire team, at the Holiday Inn Express - at the Bridge, is delighted to have had the opportunity to ease the challenge that you encountered, during your travels. It is our goal to do the very best, to make all our guests, Stay Comfortable, Stay Relaxed and Stay Satisfied, while staying with us. We hope things have smoothed out for you and look forward to having you has our guest, sometime in the near future.

D Ruff - General Mgr
Midland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I didn't even get a chance to stay but I probably won't now anyway. I had a family emergency come up and need to cancel my reservation. I canceled at 9 am on the day I was to arrive. The front desk agaent that answered the phone let me know that I needed to call 24hrs ahead of time and I would still be charged. Eventually she did cancel my room without charge but in the process was rude and not understanding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HIEMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Miss Y,

We are sorry that you had a family emergency and were unable to stay with us. Even though there is a 24 hour cancellation policy, we do our best to make considerations, as we did in your case, no penalties or charges were incurred. On behalf of myself and the entire team, at the Holiday Inn Express, in Mackinaw City, MI, we hope all is well in your family for the holiday season.

D~ Ruff - General Mgr
Manistee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I found staff to be friendly and interested in the quality of my stay. The continental breakfast had a good selection of food from warm offerings (biscuits and gravy, etc.) to fruit. Rooms were very clean and the price was fair.

• Stayed November 2012
HIEMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear martymanistee,

As the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express, "At the Bridge", I am proud that you found the staff to not only be friendly, but that they truly showed interest in the quality of your stay. We strive to make every guest, under positive or negative circumstances, to feel genuine hospitality. On behalf of the entire team, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and hope to have you as a guest, in the near future.

Best regards,
D~ Ruff

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City? Share your experiences!