“Lovely Hotel on the waterfront!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Indiana
“Lovely Hotel on the waterfront!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Lovely hotel. We had a lake view room with balcony and it was just gorgeous! The room was clean and had lots of room. The desk help was very nice. The housekeepers were great! Would recommend to anyone who wants quality at a decent price. Beach was very nice. We would stay there again. Breakfast and hostess were great as well.

Room Tip: Get a lake front room with balcony, it is worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Gladstone, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stopped here after a long drive from downstate after first going to the motel across the street with the waterpark, they were full but referred us to this place. They had 1 room left supposedly. The pool was closed here and the breakfast room, you had to go across the street to the waterpark place and also for breakfast. (First clue we should have kept going) Checked in (paid cash - big mistake) and went to the room with 1 suitcase. The place was full of teenagers riding the elevator, running around and smoking in the hallways. Very Noisy. It was a bit intimidating. Found the room o.k., had trouble to get the door open. Went inside and immediately smelled smoke and a moldy smell. The room was dark and dingy and looked like a step back to the 70's (carpeting, paneling, TV, nautical decor, etc).. Bathroom half clean, out of toilet paper. Half the lights didn't work. Beds were hard to the touch. Was inside the room for a few minutes only and got an urgent phone call which caused me to have to leave immediately to get home the same night. Did not mess up the room at all. The manager (if that's what he was) was rude after I explained the situation and refused to give me a refund even though I had only been there LESS than a 1/2 hour total. He said that he would have to rerent the room and then he could send me a refund. I told him I trusted him. I guess I am too trusting. Guess what? I never got a refund, an e-mail or anything other notice. If he did rerent it, he kept my money too. Thanks, that was 1/4 weeks salary for me which I lost. It was better than being outside in the cold but that is all I can say. Keep driving for a 1/2 hour either way and I'm sure you can find something better for way less money. After reading the rest of the reviews I'm glad I didn't stay longer, just mad that I didn't demand my money back. If this is the best Ramada can do I am crossing them off my chains to stay at. They have really gone downhill. If you do decide to stay here, do yourself a favor and ask to see the room first! Pay with a credit card so you can dispute being ripped off. If you pay what they are asking for these rooms for the summer you will regret it. There is no value here. Keep driving unless you like overpriced smelly rooms with dated decor and thin walls.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here ask to see the room first, Ours didn't look anything like the photo on...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Onsted, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family and I stay at the Ramada almost every time we come which is frequently. If we do not stay here we are disappointed. The girls at the desk are very friendly and helpful. The room is always super clean and the housekeeping is excellant. The maid always leaves little swan towels on the bed. The indoor pool room is fantastic. The pool here is the warmest hotel pool I have ever swam in. The convience to the other pools acrossed the Rd is excellant. Its a great location to walk to the ferry boats and into town. The whole town is beautiful at night and we enjoying walking back to our hotel after dark. The beach front is nice. Small, but clean. My only complaint about the beach would be that the bottom of the lake is rocky and hard on your feet. The only problem I have with this hotel is that the room rates have went up so much in the last several years here that it makes a stay of more than 2 nights quite expensive.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for lake view or lake side it's not worth it...just walk out the door and ar...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
South Branch, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

WE stayed here two nights with grandchildren. Room wasn't ready on time, not very clean. No chairs in the pool area, only 6 beach chairs on waterfront, one broken and buried in the sand, beach had trash. The advertised 25ft breakfast bar turned out to be really subpar as these things go, and I guess you can stretch anything out if you try hard enough. Balcony had green moss growing on the carpet. There was a problem with our reservation, and the room type we requested and reserved wasn't available, so they offered us an upgrade to a mini suite but made us pay a $10 per night addition. Now we enjoyed having the extra space, probably would have booked it if we knew they had these, but being placed here because of their mistake, I just felt they should have picked the extra. The front counter girls were a delight, but they were just summer help (from Jamica) and knew nothing about the area. This being a mostly summertime area, it seems common for most of the help to work the resorts in Jamica during our winter and work our resort area's during summer.

Oh and I should note that lakeview doesn't mean it faces the lake, that is lakefront. Lakeview means overlooking a large parking lot with a view of the lake off at an angle.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband and I planned a trip to the Upper Peninsula with an overnight stop in Mackinaw City and we reserved a room at the Ramada Limited Waterfront. I called several hours prior to us leaving home to confirm our reservation and to let the personnel know that we wouldn't be arriving at the hotel until quite late (between 11 and midnight).

When we arrived, there was a note on the door that their lobby closed and we were to pick up our room key across the street at another hotel. Why we could not have been informed of this when I called to let them know we'd be late I'm not sure.

After a brief panic, because we were hoping the other doors were not locked, we got to our room which was located on the ground level. The sliding glass door was cracked open. The lock to it was broken, but luckily the security stick was available to secure the door closed.

The room seemed to be clean enough and it was a place to stay for the night. However, given the choice of hotels in the area, we will choose a different one the next time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Small beach area didn't up for the dirty room and the dirty balcony for the lake view, we couldn't even use the balcony because it was so filthy. The breakfast was good and the staff was friendly but it needs alot of cleaning and redecorating! We were much happier in St Ignace at a very small motel the next night, so glad we did not book two days at the Ramada!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Mifflintown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Enjoyed the 2 days we spent here. It is a nice, quiet motel located on Lake Huron. We could watch the ferries go over to Mackinac Island from our balcony. Rooms were nice, clean, had wi-fi, and good beds. Breakfast each morning was sufficient.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Ramada Mackinaw City Waterfront? Share your experiences!