“Wolfpack Travelers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Mackinaw City / Bridgeview Area

You added Super 8 Mackinaw City / Bridgeview Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Mackinaw City / Bridgeview Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   601 N Huron Ave, I-75 exit 339, PO Box 98, Mackinaw City, MI 49701   |
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Wolfpack Travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Super * the night before going to Mackinac Island. We found the motel to be in a great location to catch the ferry as well as the amenities of the motel to be very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We walked across the street to the park and lighthouse on the Lake. Good price for the location in high vacation travel season but don't pay extra for a balcony. The light on the balcony can't be tuned out so the bugs makes the balcony worthless after dark. The trees across the street were so tall that the very wasn't good at all.

Room Tip: Don't choose a balcony due to the bugs at the light . No switch for you to turn off the light.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Wylie, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Booked this room through mackinac city chamber. Staff was pleasant at check in and there were 4 adults and one cold in our party so I originally booked a double with a roll away but ion checking in they had a room on the first floor with 3 queens so we upgraded to this for an additional $30 bucks. Big mistake. Room 120 at the end of the hall next to the pool. The noise level was terrible but not because of the pool; it turns out the exit door and smoking area was right next to our room and it was soo noisy! Also, when showering the pipes made a horrible noise in the wall and there is NO wifi regardless of what they claim. We tried to access it on 4 different devices and cod never get on and the girl at the front desk was clueless. Brought all this to the attention of the manager the next morning and he claimed he knew nothing about the pipes and never had any complaints of noise prior to mine. Also, said he would report the wifi problem to IT guy, but others had the same issue. Also, misleading is if you want a room with a view of the bridge it is an additional $100 on top of an already overpriced and outdated hotel with very poor customer service that denied everything and offered to do nothing other than to up sell an overpriced room.

• Stayed August 2012
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My sister and I arrived in Mackinaw city about 5:30 pm on a Wednesday night. We had no reservations anywhere, so we proceeded to stop at different hotel properties to inquire about prices. For the middle of the week and not full to capacity, most places were charging over $120 per night, but when pressed for a discount came down to $99 per night. After checking at 4 hotels, we came to the Super 8 Bridgeview. Same story. Wanted more, but came down to $99. I then left to tell my sister the same price here as everywhere else. We had a book of Traveler discounts we had picked up at the Welcome Center in Clare. many of those were offering $79 per night rates. We decided to go to one of those and ask about the discount. As we were pulling out. the desk clerk ran out of the hotel and wanted to know why we were leaving her. She said she would match any price we wanted to pay. My sister was laughing and I was smiling, too. We have never had anyone beg us to stay at their hotel before. She agreed to match the $79 a night rate. We accepted.
While the hotel is old, there have been some updates to the rooms. Walls were painted and furniture seemed new. it was Paul Bunyun wood furniture. The bedspreads were not new and did not match the room decorative border. The beds were very firm, not pillowtop, but I slept well on them with my bad back. Awoke refreshed. The breakfast area was warm from the toaster machine they had, it was like a mini pizza oven. I loved the way it toasted my english muffin. Breakfast was good and typical. Cereal, coffee, bagels, toast, juices, coffee, milk, etc. 2 waffle makers kept things moving. No yogurt, or eggs, or meat. They did have apples. In our room the dorm style fridge was sitting on the floor. The bathroom with toilet and tub/shower was separate from the vanity area which was nice. Sheets were clean and pressed, towels thick and absorbant. Room was clean with no cobwebs or visible dirt. For an older place this was okay. We didn't use the hot tub or pool, but that area of the hotel was dark and dingy looking. Everywhere needed more light and brighter light----a common problem in hotels these days. All in all it was a pleasant stay. We did get coupons for discounted meals and other area recreation.
Thanks, Carleen or was it Darleen for chasing us down. You are too funny.

Room Tip: We had room 222. it was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hartland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

me and my mom chose this hotel because my mom wanted a mold-free room and a view of the lake and bridge. big oh crap. the room we had was musky smelling, and the balcony had cobwebs on it, and the floor had some stains on it. the worst part: we paid extra and we couldn't see the bridge OR the water, and if the trees across the street were swaying, we could catch a glimpse of the highest notch on the bridge. the only view we had was the traffic filled road. we couldn't even hear the waves. the only relief staying there was that there were no bed bugs... i hope. i do like the beds though, they are made of logs and have wilderness like comforters. heres what i want to say: the chances of actually seeing the bridge or lake when you reserved one are about 25% . if you want a good view i suggest staying at another hotel and save $.

Room Tip: if you get a room that is rjght above the lobby, the view of the lake wont be good
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This place was terrible. We tried to switch rooms and were told, they were all full. We had one table which was over by the air conditioner. So the phone was on the floor along with the micro wave. Tried to use the hair dryer and it fell off the wall. This place was bad. This review would not compute unless I gave it 1 star. If there were minus stars 5 minus

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We checked into our room and once inside it was not what I expected for our king room bridge lake view. For one thing we had a handicapped room and no view of the bridge. We went to the front desk and asked to switch rooms. We were informed that we had booked a park lake room not park bridge so there would be an additional charge to switch rooms even to get a non handicap room. We decided that this hotel was not worth and additional 100.00. Back in the room I stood there with my belongings the room was dirty and outdated the matress was at least 10 years old my husband sank right to the springs. There was what i would say looked like vomit stain on the side of the box spring. I could not stay in this hotel for our one year anniversary I didn't even want to touch the carpet with my bare feet. I started to cry my husband consoled me and knew we could not enjoy ourselfs here. We put our belongings back into the car and went back inside to inform the desk we would not be staying the two nights we had booked and would like to cancel. I inform the receptions that we would like to cancel our room I didn't want to stay. She called over Rick the asset. general manager he informed us he could switch us to a different room But at this point my husband knew I didn't want to be in this hotel at all and told Rick that's not possible we would just like to have our money back and leave we must have only checked in 20 mins prior. Rick agian repeated that he could give us a new room. My husband told rick he didn't want to stay the beds alone were not acceptable there was no way we could get any sleep on there beds and we informed them of the stain. Rick took offense to this assuring us that he himself had installed the new beds in every room. Well my husband thought that ridiculous since our room clearly held the oldest matteress I've ever seen in a hotel and a clearly disgusting stain on the side. My husband said that was not the case he wasn't stupid and could tell if a mistress was old or not. Rick became frustrated and lost his cool clearly not made for customer service and just told us fine then your just charged. That's when I stepped in and started to say wait you can't charge me I'm canceling i just got here and I lost it now I began to cry and sob this was my one year anniversary i just wanted to have a nice weekend with my husband and I don't want to stay here I just want to leave. Rick was rude to me and unapologetic. I was so upset by the rooms condition and now his level of service. I stood there and cried as Rick barely could find it in himself to refund the second night I reserved and was canceling well in advance he refused to refund my first night which I could not believe after the way he spoke to us and not only made me extremely upset by saying he was just gonna charge us and we could leave. I have never cried in a public place of Business like that I was embarrassed but could do nothing to console myself I have never had a customer service rep. make feel so terrible.

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was across the road from beautiful Lake Huron and had a terrific view of the Mackinaw Bridge. For some reason we were given a handicap room that was right next to the pool area. THe pool was a heated indoor pool, the hot tub just the right temperature.
WiFi worked. The only issue was the breakfast room--it was way too hot to even consider sitting in. And the provided continental breakfast was really bad.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Mackinaw City / Bridgeview Area? Share your experiences!