“Outrageous--shouldn't be in business” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #31 of 41 hotels in Mackinaw City
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Outrageous--shouldn't be in business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This hotel is by far the worst that I have ever stayed in. The manager shouldn't have his job. He belongs working on a computer in a windowless room, never dealing with the public. He was by far the rudest individual that I have ever encountered in the hospitality industry. I travel a great deal and have experienced all types of accomodations. This hotel shouldn't be in business. The hotel is desperately in need of cleaning and updating. The pictures on the internet are far off and this should be illegal since you are expecting some degree of matching and you make a reservation based on this information. The area around the bed was soaking wet and the wallpaper was peeling off. The bathroom was filthy. The TV wasn't working. The towels were worse than those used at a car wash for drying cars. When I called down to get help from the front desk, I was told by the Manager to not bother them and would be forced to leave if another call was made. The entire experience ruined our vacation. The elevator wasn't working and with a handicapped member of our party, this was near impossible to get down from the third floor. The concrete outside the room was filthy. The beach had runoff that appeared to be sludge. I would never let my children go anywhere near the beach. The pool was closed so my children were very disappointed. No explanation was given. No passes to any water park were ever offered. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lake City, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family decided to surprise our sister who is retiring in September with a weekend getaway to Mackinaw Island. The staff at quality Inn was excellent. The Hotel Manager made sure all 14 of us were is very comfortable rooms, offered the use of their breakfast room and checked on us several times throughout the stay. As the planner in the group he checked in often to be sure that we had what we needed and was very friendly and even offered for us to have a campfire on the beach for our last night there. We all were very pleased and found the rooms clean and inviting and comfortable., We had never done anything like this before but everyone enjoyed the time together and we were all able to be together to celebrate this great event in our sisters life. We will defiantly be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Dirty. Even the kids were grossed out. We were put in an outdated building ( not the nice one in the photo). It was quite a hike from the car to the room. The room was rundown and dirty. We couldn't wait to get out of there. I felt sorry for all the people who booked more than one night. I will say that the staff was nice. Also,the pool was not bad. But I would not go back.

• Stayed August 2012
Lewiston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Dirty, paid to see the bridge put on end room had to walk past other rooms on balcony to the end to see the bridge. I do not recommend anyone stay here. Lots of barking, disturbing dogs. Cheap coffee pot didn't work. They should be ashamed to offer this place to the public!

Room Tip: Stay someplace else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Cambridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

When we arrived the room was really dirty. Dust everywhere, carpet not vacuumed, toothpaste on faucet, hairs stuck to hair dryer & Wet ball point ink on drape rod. Overall the room was very run down and in need of a good spring cleaning. My wife complained to the night manager who responded with sarcastic remarks about her being a clean freak, implying that her standards were excessive. He promised to clean the room better next time with his best cleaner.There was very little improvement on the next 2 days. We were booked for 3 nights and subject to a 72 hour notice to cancel or we would have checked out and gone elsewhere. We had to buy cleaning materials and clean the room ourselves

Room Tip: Try another Hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

The floor was wet around the room. They seemed to sprinkle something on it that "stunk to the high heavens" (as Granny used to say) when they cleaned the room. The source of the water was a mystery as was the horrid stench. Next, when I got in the shower it was fine then it got scalding-and I do mean scalding-hot. I could get no cold water to come on AT ALL. The same thong happened to my aunt. This also was a mystery. It started out fine and then was dangerously hot. We reported this to the desk as we left because it could SERIOUSLY harm a child. The view was pretty. Breakfast was pretty sad. Not a good stay.

• Stayed June 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We arrived in Mackinaw City July 21, 2012 on Saturday afternoon around 4pm looking for a hotel. The first one we stopped at was over $300. We were told all hotels were charging that. I told them I never paid that much on my life & receptionist offered to call Quality Inn & Suites for us. They were charging $289 for Sat. & $159 for Sunday. We gave credit card number to reserve it then went to it a little down the road. They gave us key & when we went in room it was not cleaned. Beds unmade. Trash on floor. Dirty towels on chair. I called front desk & after 15 minutes housekeeping came to clean. We sat outside waiting. When I checked out Mon. morning I told receptionist I had complaint about dirty room on arrival & she asked "but they did clean it?" I said of course or we would not have slept in it & that wasn't the point. I asked if they communicate with housecleaning when rooms were ready & she said mistakes get made sometimes. I told her evidently lots get made because I read reviews after booking room. Big mistake on my part. I told her she didn't seem to care. Her whole attitude sucks. I spoke to someone who stayed 2 hotels down who paid only $89 for Sunday!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront? Share your experiences!